PDA

View Full Version : 5 40yrs Young First Timers Going To Disneyland with a question (merged)

Zomie
02-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Seeing this would be the place to ask a disney question, "Wow" what a site!!!! :)
We are arriving at the hotel at approx. at 11:00 am checked in and ready to do something at approx. 12:00pm .We have Pirates Dinner at 7:00 pm. My question finally is "We have approx. 5 to 6 hrs to kill between these times dont want to use one of our passes up for a few hrs, will rather wait till next day...any suggestions on what to do for those 5 to 6 hrs?

Any input would be muchly appreciated!

Hakuna Makarla
02-13-2006, 04:10 PM
yeah., go to down town disney and play :) there is theaters, resturants, a place to watch games and play games, there is shopping etc. does not cost to get in and you can play for hours. listen to music in the street there, you name it there is things to do in down town disney:)

Mermaid
02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
I second DTD or just visit the different Resort Hotels. They all have a unique feel to them and will get you in the mood!! By pirates dinner, do you mean the Blue Bayou? If so, you may want to change the day on that because it is in the park. You will have to use one of your days to get in. If it's not Blue Bayou, then nevermind me!!

lauramaynot
02-13-2006, 04:17 PM
If you like you could do your shopping at DTD (I could spend hours there) There is a movie theater in DTD and of course there are always the hotel pools. 5-6 hours is just about enough time to visit DCA I would really consider it (though I understand not wanting to use your tix for half day, but if your tix are one park tickets you will probably loose that half when you spend the day at DCA since there just isnt enough to fill 8am-Mid like at DL. If you have park hoppers then definately do DCA because you could spend your evening in the park after dinner. Have a good time!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-13-2006, 04:36 PM
DTD and then browse the hotels. DLH has some great places to walk around and it is beautiful in the evening.
HAVE FUN!

Malcon10t
02-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Seeing this would be the place to ask a disney question, "Wow" what a site!!!! :)
We are arriving at the hotel at approx. at 11:00 am checked in and ready to do something at approx. 12:00pm .We have Pirates Dinner at 7:00 pm. My question finally is "We have approx. 5 to 6 hrs to kill between these times dont want to use one of our passes up for a few hrs, will rather wait till next day...any suggestions on what to do for those 5 to 6 hrs?

Any input would be muchly appreciated!If by "Pirates Dinner" you nmean the Blue Bayou, you will have to enter the park, so you may as well go in at 12pm.

cstephens
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm thinking "Pirates Dinner" means dinner at the new Pirate Adventure thing in Buena Park near Medieval Times?

Zomie
02-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks very much everyone! Some great ideas. And yes i do mean the Pirates adventure dinner in buena park :) Thanks again for your responses to my post, it will not be my last!
Good Day eh! :)

kkmickey
02-13-2006, 05:23 PM
I think any of the above would be great - Downtown Disney is great, the resorts are fun to explore. Ten years ago I took my best friend to Disneyland for her 40th birthday, and it was her first time EVER. It was amazing! If you want any tips, etc, feel free to email me. As with most people on this board, I've been there many times, and would love to help you out. In a couple of weeks I am taking the same friend for her 50th birthday, and have all kinds of special things planned. Have a great trip!

Kristin

Zomie
02-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Just thought i would put the trip plan out there for you hard core Disneyland goers to scrutinize over and see what ya have to say "Good or Bad" Would ya change anything? Look Forward to your comments!

Tuesday March 28 - Down Town Disney (thanks again for the ideas :) then Pirates Dinner 7:00 pm
Wednesday March 29 - ALL DAY DISNEYLAND!!!!!
Thursday March 30 - Universal Studios
Friday March 31 - Disneyland/DCA and FANTASMIC 10:30 Show
Saturday April 1 - Free day Laguna Beach or Poolside at hotel HO/JO
Sunday April 2 - Knottsberry farm
Monday April 3 - Disneyland/DCA
Tuesday April 4 - Possible 4th day at Disneyland!
Wednesday April 5 - Leave back home 7:20 am Flight Ouch!

Zomie
02-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Thank very much Kristin, appreciate the generosity will most likely take you up on your offer! :)

passthepixiedust
02-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey, Zomie. Have you already gone ? I want to hear about the Pirate's dinner ! How was the show? The food? I am thinking about going in July, but so far I haven't heard how it is. Has anyone else gone ?

passthepixiedust
02-24-2006, 11:53 AM
OOPs, never mind, I see you're not going until March. Let us know how it is okay ?

daisy4me
02-24-2006, 02:24 PM

Any input would be muchly appreciated!
Just thought I would recomend to you to check into adding another day on to your Hopper for the day you arrive. There will be 11 of us going and it was only 10 more dollars to add another day to our hopper. My agent told me since we will be there Disneyland would rather have us spend our money there rather than somewhere else so I thought that was a great deal. We wont arrive until 12 noon but that still gives us plenty of time at Disneyland.
Have Fun!!

Darkbeer
02-24-2006, 06:00 PM
You might find it better to go to Buena Park in the afternoon, there is a Ripley's Believe it or Not! just down the street from the Pirate's Dinner Adventure. It is worth an hour or two of your time, some interesting stuff, if you want spoilers, I have a large photo album at the link below from last October.

And there is a large shopping mall just east of Beach Blvd (Buena Park Mall) if you are looking for a deal versus the full price stuff at Downtown Disney.

soccerlady16
02-26-2006, 12:06 AM
You might find it better to go to Buena Park in the afternoon, there is a Ripley's Believe it or Not! just down the street from the Pirate's Dinner Adventure. It is worth an hour or two of your time, some interesting stuff, if you want spoilers, I have a large photo album at the link below from last October.

Didn't that close? Or was is just the Movieland Wax Museum?

geoffa
02-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Just thought i would put the trip plan out there for you hard core Disneyland goers to scrutinize over and see what ya have to say "Good or Bad" Would ya change anything? Look Forward to your comments!

Tuesday March 28 - Down Town Disney (thanks again for the ideas :) then Pirates Dinner 7:00 pm
Wednesday March 29 - ALL DAY DISNEYLAND!!!!!
Thursday March 30 - Universal Studios
Friday March 31 - Disneyland/DCA and FANTASMIC 10:30 Show
Saturday April 1 - Free day Laguna Beach or Poolside at hotel HO/JO
Sunday April 2 - Knottsberry farm
Monday April 3 - Disneyland/DCA
Tuesday April 4 - Possible 4th day at Disneyland!
Wednesday April 5 - Leave back home 7:20 am Flight Ouch!

March 30 - if you haven't been before get the Studio tram tour done first thing otherwise lines build up as the day progresses. This then leaves you free to do the rides etc. Mummy's Revenge is AWESOME!:)

momuvseven
02-26-2006, 05:38 AM
The Crystal Cathedral offers free tours. Our family really enjoyed our visit there.

momuvseven

Darkbeer
02-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Didn't that close? Or was is just the Movieland Wax Museum?

The Movieland Wax Museum is Closed.

Ripley's is OPEN!