PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland DVD came today

Pages : [1] 2

cfrith
02-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I requested a DLR vacation planning DVD about a month ago. I was so excited when it came in the mail today. I popped it in the DVD player and it doesn't work :mad: . I took it out and looked at the bottom and it looks like it's used or something. There are scratch marks all over it! I don't want to wait another month for another one! If they'd even mail me another since they already sent me one. Ugh. I am so dissapointed :( .

kisroo
02-13-2006, 01:02 PM
If they'd even mail me another since they already sent me one. Ugh. I am so dissapointed :( .

Check your PM box.

~kisroo:)

gimp_boy76
02-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Just a quick FYI for anyone else waiting for this DVD, I was on Disneyland's website yesterday and you can watch the whole planning video. Here's the link:
https://secure.disney.go.com/dlr/vpk/vpiIndex?online=1&sourcecode=10126

cfrith
02-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Just a quick FYI for anyone else waiting for this DVD, I was on Disneyland's website yesterday and you can watch the whole planning video. Here's the link:

Thank you! I just watched it, unfortunately it doesn't come through very clear- the audio breaks up through the entire thing. I thought we had a good computer, and we have DSL, so who knows. At least I was able to see it though :) .

gimp_boy76
02-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Thank you! I just watched it, unfortunately it doesn't come through very clear- the audio breaks up through the entire thing. I thought we had a good computer, and we have DSL, so who knows. At least I was able to see it though :) .

It did that to me too. Here's the trick pause it, and wait for the whole thing to load and then watch it.

goober7011
02-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Can anyone with the dvd confirm this cuz it still seemed kinda short. I dono where mine is, i ordered it over a month ago.

kiwifuz
02-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Can anyone with the dvd confirm this cuz it still seemed kinda short. I dono where mine is, i ordered it over a month ago.

It seems exactly the same to me. i ordered mine about a month & a half ago and just got it on Friday. :)

So much better than last year's by far.

Burnt Toast
02-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Yah... like most mail order things, takes like 4-8 weeks to process.

Please tell me that the DVD doesn't have Megan doing the DLR Top Seven Must Sees... she's so annoying!

... then again, she's not as annoying as Sarah or whoever that does the WDW Top Seven. I wanted to stab my eyeballs out because the TVs on property at WDW automatically turn onto that channel that does the Top Seven by default. :I

cfrith
02-14-2006, 05:23 AM
It did that to me too. Here's the trick pause it, and wait for the whole thing to load and then watch it.

I did try that and it still did it :( . Oh well....

DangerMouse
02-14-2006, 06:26 AM
I absolutely LOVE the Shag touches. This dvd is a HUGE improvement over last year's, which I immediately threw in the trash.

hlbtimes2
02-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Yah... like most mail order things, takes like 4-8 weeks to process.

Please tell me that the DVD doesn't have Megan doing the DLR Top Seven Must Sees... she's so annoying!

... then again, she's not as annoying as Sarah or whoever that does the WDW Top Seven. I wanted to stab my eyeballs out because the TVs on property at WDW automatically turn onto that channel that does the Top Seven by default. :I

I actually ordered mine and had it in about 10 days or so. No where near 4-8 weeks. It was super fast!

And, no there is no "Top Seven".

acpalmer
02-14-2006, 10:46 AM
It took a little over a month to get ours after I ordered it. The WDW one that I ordered the same day came much faster--it only took about 10 days.

geoffa
02-14-2006, 11:13 AM

I'd actually love a copy of this DVD but
1. Disney won't mail to anywhere outside USA
2. It's flash so can't save to disk.

Can anyone help?:)

emmah
02-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Geoff, don't know if this helps, but I have watched the dvd online from outside america, by fudging an american address (used the disneyland hotel!) - doesn't get you a copy of the dvd but at least you can watch it.

stan4d_steph
02-15-2006, 06:59 AM

Can anyone help?:)You can post a request to the Buy/Sell/Share board and maybe someone will be able to help you out. :)

Stitch1404
02-15-2006, 07:05 AM
I just tried to order mine and this is what popped up when I pressed submit:

Sorry, we are unable to process your order at this time. Please try again later.

Should I just keep trying?

geoffa
02-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Geoff, don't know if this helps, but I have watched the dvd online from outside america, by fudging an american address (used the disneyland hotel!) - doesn't get you a copy of the dvd but at least you can watch it.

Thanks but have done that (used a hotel address) and as mentioned in other posts its jerky and the sound breaks up. Would still like copy of DVD though.:)

geoffa
02-15-2006, 09:00 AM
You can post a request to the Buy/Sell/Share board and maybe someone will be able to help you out. :)

Thanks for that tip:)

drjones
02-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I ordered the DVD and it turned out great. Is the one you're talking about the 50th celebration one? I want to order one for my nephew but I went to the DL website and I couldn't find the link. Can anyone post the DVD link, please?

yellowrosedtxn
03-07-2006, 04:13 AM

Can anyone help?:)

I have an extra one if you want it. You will just have to pm me your address and I can get it in the mail for you. Just let me know.

geoffa
03-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I have an extra one if you want it. You will just have to pm me your address and I can get it in the mail for you. Just let me know.

Hey! Thanks. I've sent you an email.:)

yellowrosedtxn
03-07-2006, 08:57 AM
That would be cool. I would like to have that DVD. I will send this out tomorrow (as I forgot to get an envelope today and I will get it in the mail tomorrow.) Don't worry about the cost. If you are returning the favor then it will even out.

I sent you an e-mail too, but it might take a while for you to get it. Our e-mail at work is funky that way. I will PM you my address as well.

Thank you!

Quinten27
03-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I requested a DLR vacation planning DVD about a month ago. I was so excited when it came in the mail today. I popped it in the DVD player and it doesn't work .

I just got my DVD last week and had the same problem when I put it in my DVD player.........but when I put it in my PC DVD-drive, it started right up.

MsYumiBr
03-14-2006, 07:16 AM
We just got a Vacation planning video in the mail last week out of the blue! I finally watched it today and no problems. Not only is this one way better than the last one, it had a 20% coupon for purchase of $100 or more. That was worth a year wait. lol.

my2lalas
03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Just happen to read this thread today, same day I'm cleaning house. I threw away the papers from the vacation dvd just hours ago. Thankfully it was right on top! It's a great coupon, can't wait to use it in September!