PDA

View Full Version : Lilly Belle

DisneylandLover
02-13-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm happy to offer this happy story as my first post here:

I was at DLR on Saturday 2/18 and was lucky enough to get a ride on the Lilly Belle. My 4 year old was talking to the conductor stationed on the steps outside Main Street Station, and asked her if we could ride on it (I didn't even know he knew about it). She said that if we came back a couple of hours later we might be let on. They have to have an extra conductor on duty to accomodate Lilly Belle riders. Sure enough, we came back a couple of hours later and my family and another party were lucky enough to ride on that beautiful vehicle. Our own "personal" conductor rode with us the whole way, stationed on the outside steps of the coach, and came in to check on us occasionally. The conductor my son asked commented that the rules about Lilly Belle seem to change every day, so my advise is to keep asking - you may get lucky too!

potzbie
02-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Awesome!

I hope a Cast Member can post the latest "policy."
All we have is the MousePlanet snippet, that you have to be a Club 33 member or "well connected" to ride.

Like a "soft opening"?
Inquiring minds want to know!

DisneylandLover
02-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Yup, it was totally awesome! All the cast members involved in our little quest were so nice (as they always are). I don't think it's a soft opening, we just happened to hit it on the right day.

Also -- Hurrah for the Pirate King, Hurrah for the Pirate King!

MammaSilva
02-13-2006, 12:43 PM
We rode on the train on Saturday evening and the lovely Lilly Belle was attached but unoccupied when we were aboard, our conductor said that you have to 'sweet talk' the Main Street station lead and there are no promises, they are letting 'commoners' ride if there are no VIP's nor Club 33 members that are requesting the car, but there does have to be a CM available to 'supervise' the guest.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
there does have to be a CM available to 'supervise' the guest.
Quite understandable, given the circumstances of the Walt's Footsteps tour being kicked out.

GeminiAngel
02-13-2006, 09:32 PM
I was at DLR on Saturday 2/18 and was lucky enough to get a ride on the Lilly Belle.
Maybe I read this wrong but today is the 2/13 how did you get there this comming Sat. already? Then I thought you meant Sat. 2/8, no go. that was a Wed.

DisneylandLover
02-14-2006, 06:31 AM
I typed in the wrong date - it was Saturday last weekend, so 2/11.

Also -- what's this about a Walk in Walt's footsteps tour being kicked out? I thought the Conductor looked a little nervous. He was standing right outside the door, and kept looking in to check on us, and would check on us at each stop. I thought that was pretty understandable considering the investment Disney has made in restoring the car.

Opus1guy
02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Also -- what's this about a Walk in Walt's footsteps tour being kicked out?

See last week's Lilly Belle thread for the reason. Specifically Post #25.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=52148

:)

CrazyTrain
02-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Lucky!!
I've heard that usually a conductor rides WITH you, just to be sure you are'nt up to mischief.
I want to ride in her so badly!

Another Dimension
02-17-2006, 04:19 PM
8 words...

Thank you Matt ... the Lilly Belle looks GREAT! :D :D

and... 3 final words... I wanna ride! :(