PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks tonight [Feb 12, 2006]?

THpoohbear
02-12-2006, 09:43 PM
just curious - did the show go on tonight? I was there until about 9, wanted to stay for fireworks, but hubby was tired and wanted to go home. As we were leaving we heard the "may be canceled" announcement. Anyone see them?

TowerofTerror
02-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Nope they didn't they were canceled. My girlfriend can see them from her house and they never went off.

jennyren
02-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I was there...they didnt happen...they gave the announcement at about 9:35 that there would be no fireworks :crying: I was alright tho...I got to see my fantasmic!

Gone2Disneyland
02-13-2006, 07:14 AM
I was there...they didnt happen...they gave the announcement at about 9:35 that there would be no fireworks :crying: I was alright tho...I got to see my fantasmic!
That's interesting. I returned to Disneyland from DCA to shop for something quick in the magic shop. When we walked into Main Street, we heard the announcement cautioning guests that they may cancel the show. That was about 9:15pm. When we walked out of the magic shop five minutes later, an announcement went out that they had decided to run the fireworks show. We had to leave the park, but that's the last we heard about the show.

THpoohbear
02-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks guys. I'm sad for all those that only had one shot at watching the fireworks last night, but I feel better about my hubby wanting to go home - we wouldn't have seen them anyway. :|

Chiidesu
02-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Waited 2 hours for the fireworks show to go on... It was a real disappointment :( It was wierd, they kept announcing that the fireworks show may be canceled, and 5 minutes before the show was supposed to start they said it would go on, and at show time they said they would start in a few minutes... Only in that few minutes it was canceled. So sad :crying:

disneycanuk
02-15-2006, 10:18 AM
i was staying at the paradise pier hotel waiting with my son for them and the announcement came through of the cancel, but while sitting there we noticed how the smoke covered the disney hotel and flowed closer towards the paradise pier top part, kinda wierd told due to high winds in the upper area.