PDA

View Full Version : New AP design available for renewal only by mail or online

cstephens
02-12-2006, 10:30 PM
We got our AP renewal notices, and they have a new design that's only available if you renew by mail or online. We have the Tink one now, which I like, but I really like this new design because it's got Mickey! Here's a picture from the letter (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/MickeyAP.jpg). Don't know how long it's been available or how long it will be available, but we're definitely getting that one for our renewal!

disney jones
02-12-2006, 10:47 PM
i saw someone with this pass while waiting in line at the Main Gate last week. it looked nice, and i assumed it was the new AP, but i didn't strike up a conversation to inquire further.

TowerofTerror
02-12-2006, 11:03 PM
I like the new design it look really nice

Gone2Disneyland
02-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I remember someone else posting that info here right after Christmas. I was glad to finally get my Tink card in December when I renewed then, and hopefully I look forward to geting the Mickey card design this coming December. Also, it seems the Tink design wasn't out for a full twelve months; didn't it start around April or May, when the 50th Celebration kicked off? That's why I hope the Mickey design will be around thru all of 2006 for me to get.

cstephens
02-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Also, it seems the Tink design wasn't out for a full twelve months; didn't it start around April or May, when the 50th Celebration kicked off?

Don't know how long Tink was offered, but our passes expire mid-March, and we got the Tink card.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Very cute. DS's AP expires in mid March, I was going to let it lapse since we aren't planning on going again until December, but that is just too cute, hmm. Might have to renew. Does it have to be done before the expiration date?

yellowrosedtxn
02-13-2006, 01:50 PM
If you renew your AP while on vacation, do you get to keep your old AP for nostalgic reasons? Mostly because it was the first one, you like what it looks like and you want to scrap book it or something?

Gone2Disneyland
02-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Does it have to be done before the expiration date?
I believe so, in order to take advantage of the discounted price they offer to renew.

Gone2Disneyland
02-13-2006, 03:26 PM
If you renew your AP while on vacation, do you get to keep your old AP for nostalgic reasons? Mostly because it was the first one, you like what it looks like and you want to scrap book it or something?
You don't need to turn over your expired card to renew. I have all of my previous annual passports, about seven of 'em, in an old Sorcerer Mickey popcorn barrel along with other Disneyland stuff.

jdee
02-13-2006, 03:51 PM

The only time you have to surrender your AP is if your upgrading. If your renewing you can keep your old card.

I missed you on the Tink card last year, waited to long to renew by mail, so it is nice this year to have the Mickey card.