PDA

View Full Version : The Cove Bar at DCA will go to 7 days a week operation starting March 10th!

Darkbeer
02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
That's right folks, the Cove Bar in DCA will start operating 7 days a week, opening at Noon every day, and closing at 5:30 PM when the park closes at 6 PM, and about an hour earlier than closing with later closings.

Hakuna Makarla
02-12-2006, 05:24 PM
wern't we at the cove bar like around eight oclock darkbeer? where does one go for drinks after the park closes? IS there a bar in the disneyland hotel?

Darkbeer
02-12-2006, 05:42 PM
wern't we at the cove bar like around eight oclock darkbeer? where does one go for drinks after the park closes? IS there a bar in the disneyland hotel?

Yes, Karla, there are a few bars at the Disneyland Hotel, the Top Brass opens early and stays open until 9 PM, and the Lost Bar opens at Noon and stays open until at least 1:10 AM 7 days a week!

And I can confirm that the Lost Bar is open that late, since both Deogge's Mom and I are currently watching the Pro Bowl at the Lost Bar :fez:

Hakuna Makarla
02-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Yes, Karla, there are a few bars at the Disneyland Hotel, the Top Brass opens early and stays open until 9 PM, and the Lost Bar opens at Noon and stays open until at least 1:10 AM 7 days a week!

And I can confirm that the Lost Bar is open that late, since both Deogge's Mom and I are currently watching the Pro Bowl at the Lost Bar :fez:
was that the place we went to last time I was down and we ate and danced? ( well not me but the cheerleaders?

Pat-n-Eil
02-12-2006, 06:10 PM
That's right folks, the Cove Bar in DCA will start operating 7 days a week, opening at Noon every day, and closing at 5:30 PM when the park closes at 6 PM, and about an hour earlier than closing with later closings.

So, what are the current days/hours of operation?

Hakuna Makarla
02-12-2006, 06:25 PM
oh and say hi to Lisa for me :)

Darkbeer
02-12-2006, 07:41 PM
So, what are the current days/hours of operation?

Currently it is a Friday thru Sunday operation, with the exceptions of tomorrow the 13th, and next Monday the 20th, when they will be open due to the holidays.

It usually opens at Noon, though on Fridays it can open later (usually 2:30 PM).

merlinjones
02-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Was that cool little bar in front of the Hyperion Theatre Hollywood BL. backdrop ever open, even in the beginning? That looks like it could be a good place to grab a drink if it was ever opened uup...

cstephens
02-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I'd be happier about the Cove Bar's extended hours if they still had the good food they used to have.

Pat-n-Eil
02-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Currently it is a Friday thru Sunday operation, with the exceptions of tomorrow the 13th, and next Monday the 20th, when they will be open due to the holidays.

It usually opens at Noon, though on Fridays it can open later (usually 2:30 PM).

Thanks Darkbeer, I have not been there but my friend and I intend to go there this time.. guess we'll have to wait until the Friday to visit.

olegc
02-13-2006, 02:05 PM
unbelievable - Darkbeer tracking every single possible detail of the Cove Bar!;)

Burnt Toast
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
unbelievable - Darkbeer tracking every single possible detail of the Cove Bar!;)

Should we expect any less? 8:D

Nice to have another option for an adult beverage other then the beer cart, winery, and Rita's Margaritias.

Surfingstitch
02-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Sorry..... Where is the Cove Bar?

Darkbeer
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Sorry..... Where is the Cove Bar?

The Cove Bar is located in DCA.

If you are coming from Grizzly River Run or Golden Dreams, just keep going straight over the "pier" (bridge) and go under the welcome to Paradise Pier sign. At the other end of the bridge, you will see a gift shop on the left, and Ariel's Grotto on the right. Ariel's Grotto is actually downstairs, but the main entrance to the Cove Bar is thru the same doors, just keep going straight, and not going down the stairs or elevator. If a Cast Member stops you (they are there to check reservations for Ariel's Grotto), just tell them you want to go to the bar.

A back door exit is also available. If you keep going straight until you hit the end of the path and a railing (do not make the left turn towards Screamin'), turn to your right, and go in thru an open gate door.