PDA

View Full Version : Late August?

MissKIA
02-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I posted this at another site, but no one is answering me, so I figured I'd ask it here too. You guys seem to be more knowledable about DL anyway!

I read somewhere that CA schools go back mid-August, so I'm wondering if the parks are a little less crowded the last 2 weeks in August. We were originally planning on going at the end of September to avoid crowds, but decided it was silly to take the kids out of school right after coming off summer holidays.

DangerMouse
02-11-2006, 06:26 PM
I believe most tracks in CA and AZ go back mid-August. Reports the last couple years have been that the last part of August is slowing down. Of course, you still have the heat to deal with.

We went over Labor Day last year and we found the crowds to be very manageable. Not nearly as crowded as I expected.

passthepixiedust
02-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I was there this past August 25 - 31 and we didn't find the crowds too bad at all ! Now, the heat was another story.... but it just gave us an excuse to pack in the dole whip floats and frozen sorbets ! I actually thought it was a great time to go as the extended hours make it easier to see all the shows and parades etc. As I read here before our trip, if you go early and take a little break (which you tend to really appreciate) around the time it starts to get busy then go back later in the afternoon, it really works out well.
Have a great trip !