PDA

View Full Version : Audition For "Block Party Bash"!

TweedlDum9
02-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Calling all future Pixar Pals and Characters:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/TweedlDum9/BlockPartyBashAuditionflyer.jpg
"Leeeeeeeet's paaaaaartyyyyyyy!!!"

After a few weeks of rehearsals, the new cast may start as early as April 7.

If any of you are interested in auditioning, the show is always at 5:15pm with a 3:30pm call time.

And if any of you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Yay!

stan4d_steph
02-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the info. Do you currently perform in the parade?

TweedlDum9
02-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I've been with BPB in a certain capacity, but not as a Pixar Pal (yet).

Suffice it to say that right now I thoroughly enjoy watching the Honorary Grand Marshal Pre-Parade a few days a week. ;)

BWthespian
02-11-2006, 08:17 PM
I am 18 but i am still in high school, can they work out a schedule for me if i go to the audition?

TweedlDum9
02-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I am 18 but i am still in high school, can they work out a schedule for me if i go to the audition?What do you mean "work out a schedule"? Do you mean like asking for specific days off or something like that? Because for performance days, like I said, the call time is always 3:30pm with a 5:15pm step-off.

When you show up to the audition, there will be a space on your audition card to write down your availability. They give everyone's availability a good look before they cast.

I imagine they'll give everyone a little talk-down that morning about potential rehearsal dates and times and stuff... but since you're already 18, you can attend all the nighttime rehearsals for sure (minors can't stay past 10pm).

BWthespian
02-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Can you choose or try out for a particular role? particularly masked characters.

TowerofTerror
02-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't think you do but I would call and ask if you can.

ILovePoker
02-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Personally, I would be very happy that they choose me for a face character instead of a non-face character. They might think I'm ugly and cast me as a non-face character to cover my sinful face up.:~D

TweedlDum9
02-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I think Poker is a little confused... Unless you count all the Pixar Pals, there aren't any traditional Face Characters in Block Party Bash.

Anyway... It's one "all-purpose" audition for both dancers and characters, but I'm sure you could try to hint somewhere on your card that you'd only like to be considered for some of the character roles.

BWthespian
02-11-2006, 08:35 PM
what is the audition process for a show like this?(for masked characters) Is it taken really seriously? are the casting directors nice?

BWthespian
02-11-2006, 08:41 PM
well I dont live far from the resort (i live in anaheim hills) and school gets out at 2:35 and I applied for a discount card for if i use public transportation, will that be accepted? quite possibly though i can get a ride from a sibling.