PDA

View Full Version : Blast II?

BlastFanatic
04-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey,
I was just checking out the NEW Blast! site: www.blasttheshow.com

1) They have a new "Blast! @ Disney" section, but when i checked there it only said "coming soon." I'm not sure what will be there, but I'm pretty sure we might get to see a cast list finally!

2) Also, I noticed that there will be a Blast II! titled "Shockwave" coming this year! :D This is some very exciting news for me!
So, does anyone think that there's any possibility that this could come to the Hyperion in DCA later on in the future? I think I already know the answer..."no," since I've read from previous threads that there would be some kind of Aladdin show coming after Blast! leaves us.:confused: But, there's always a possibility that it could come in say 2003 right? If so I'm definitely getting a job at the Hyperion when I'm 17...or 18.

Morrigoon
04-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't it be neat if the Blast! people could just continually keep a show running in the Hyperion, changing it from time to time with new acts, etc. Basically making Blast! a permanent resident in the Hyperion. I'd love that.

BlastFanatic
04-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Yea I totally agree, however i totally doubt they'll ever put in new acts. I'm just crossing my fingers for a Blast II: Shockwave! But I would love to see any form of Blast! there permanently. As long as it has "Battery Battle" ;)

bluepearl
04-05-2002, 11:13 PM
My friend mentioned something about Shockwave and it sounds really interesting. I've been reading people's posts on another MB, mentioning the name and I'm very curious to see what it turns out to be.

By the way, has Battery Battle been put back into the line-up or are they still looking for a new solo drummer, waiting for one or the original solo drummer's wrist to heal, etc.?

Believe me, when I applied, I wanted to work Attractions at the Hyperion!! Especially when Kit was still in the show. :lol: No, but I'm keeping an eye out for transfers to that area!

Uncle Dick
04-05-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
By the way, has Battery Battle been put back into the line-up or are they still looking for a new solo drummer, waiting for one or the original solo drummer's wrist to heal, etc.?
The battle isn't there but the rack thingy is back. The asian drummer dude is still on steel drum duty for The Land of Make Believe and it's anyone's guess as to when he'll be back in action as "the matador". When I last taped the Battle, just before it went away, he dropped his stick twice during the solo, most likely due to his injuries. I'm hoping that once Spring Break is over and the performers are given a chance to relax, BLAST! will be back and ready to go full speed ahead for summer.

Believe me, when I applied, I wanted to work Attractions at the Hyperion!! Especially when Kit was still in the show. :lol: No, but I'm keeping an eye out for transfers to that area!
Heh, if I don't beat you first! ;) The CMs I've talked to there say the hours aren't all that great but I don't care if it means I get to watch BLAST! all day long. :)

BlastFanatic
04-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone, I've been researching stuff on Blast II: Shockwave and the only thing I've been able to find is this:

http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/2002/0221_shock.cfm

And according to the site, Blast! at DCA is gonna be there until January 2003...:( It'll be sad to see it go....:crying:

bluepearl
04-08-2002, 12:33 AM
Uncle Dick: I'm not a CM that's concerned with getting hours. ;) But there is a CM that's at the Hyperion that I sometimes talk to; he probably thinks I'm some neurotic AP or something. :lol: I should ask him about the hours they get there.

I would really hate to see Blast go too...I'm also a fan of Jason's. He's absolutely adorable.

corrinhorn
04-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Hey all,

I am a member of the Riverside Community College Marching Band, (http://members.aol.com/rccband) and one of the guys writing some the music for Blast II is also the man who writes our music...(Lucky Us):D

I will see what I can find out, but he is on the road constantly, so I can't promise much...don't kill me if I don't find anything out...I will check however.

Also if you all like Blast, you should come see an RCC Field Show sometime...(provided you are in the So-Cal Area)next fall.

You may know RCC from American Pie 2, (the marching band at Band Camp), or from Austin Powers (the marching band in the opening sequence)

Keep enjoying Blast!!!

bluepearl
04-15-2002, 09:09 PM
corrinhorn: Didn't the RCC marching band also appear in The Other Sister? I remember watching that movie and there was something about the band that interested me. I actually go to school in Riverside as well. It's quite a drive from Riverside to work in Anaheim, but I'm having fun working there.

corrinhorn
04-16-2002, 08:54 AM
Yeah, RCC was in the other Sister as well, go to the website, and it has a list for all of the Movies/TV Shows we have done it is at the in the Media section

You should come out and see RCC in A show next Fall, if you like this sort of thing...