PDA

View Full Version : Kinkade fans, rejoice

AVP
02-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Despite what we've heard before about licensing issues, a new "core" merchandise collection featuing Kinkade's Sleeping Beauty painting is set to be released at any moment. (It was supposed to arrive today, but apparently the free tote bag thing got in the way of them processing the new shipment.) Everything is open-edition. The collection is supposed to include coasters, a mouse pad, a decorative tray, note cards and more. The collection should be available at the World of Disney, Disneyana and the Disney Gallery sometime next week if not sooner.

AVP

hlbtimes2
02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Thats great. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I do like the castle pictures. I'm happy to hear I might be able to afford something.

disneyjunkie
02-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Any word of it being included on print on demand? I would love to have a litho or a print on canvas maybe that I could afford.

cstephens
02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
note cards

Cool, that's what I've been waiting for, as long as they're reasonably priced.

AVP
02-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Update:

The notecards are actually a notecard set, with envelopes and stickers. It's similar to the SHAG set, and comes in a gift box. There is also a boxed "Memory Album," which I have not had time to inspect.

The wooden tray is nicer than the SHAG tray. The quality of the image really varies from piece to piece - some items have a noticeable yellow cast, others blue, and none of them are as vibrant as the original artwork.

The World of Disney recieved their inventory today. No Print on Demand - honestly, I can't see that ever happening.

AVP

olegc
02-13-2006, 10:53 PM
I was going to pick up the notecard set but did not - since what I usually do is buy the notecards and frame them in set (pirates, hMH, pan, etc.) as my image. however, this time the petite print was cheaper than the note set - so i went for that.

Honestly I was not planning on picking it up but whene I saw it in Disneyana it just seemed right. - even after I agreed with many posted on the pad about the image's faults. maybe because it was smaller, and matted, it made a difference.

mad4mky
02-14-2006, 09:22 AM
This is good news.:)

I'll be back down in a couple of weeks, and I look forward to eyeing the merchandise.:)

cstephens
02-20-2006, 12:02 AM
I saw the new Kincade stuff at Disneyana yesterday. The notecards are more than I really want (I really just want the notecards, but it comes with stationery and stickers), but it all comes in a very nice keepsake box, at a not-too-expensive price ($24), so I'll probably end up getting it as a nice souvenir. They also have a very pretty guest book sort of thing. I could see it being used very nicely for a wedding for guests to sign in.

Pat-n-Eil
02-22-2006, 09:17 AM
I saw the new Kincade stuff at Disneyana yesterday. The notecards are more than I really want (I really just want the notecards, but it comes with stationery and stickers), but it all comes in a very nice keepsake box, at a not-too-expensive price ($24), so I'll probably end up getting it as a nice souvenir. They also have a very pretty guest book sort of thing. I could see it being used very nicely for a wedding for guests to sign in.

My wife loves Kincade, and she's made no secret of the fact that I had better bring her back something from Disneyland when I'm there next week. I figure this would be a good choice.. The notecards with stationery and stickers sounds like a winner at $24. We don't have much need for a guest book anytime soon.. Are there other items?

cstephens
02-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Are there other items?

Pretty much what AVP wrote in her first post. The coasters are nice, but I can't imagine actually using them as coasters because they're too pretty. There's a sort of memory book thing, which was just the castle picture on the front and a whole bunch of blank pages in the middle. I'm assuming it's a scrapbook sort of thing. I haven't been to the Disney Gallery lately, so I don't know if they have them there as well as in Disneyana, but I saw the merchandise at World of Disney on Monday, in the "Disneyana room".

Pat-n-Eil
02-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Thank you, you "freaky boo person" :)

I'm sure I'll find other fun stuff in addition to the notecard set.
Coasters eh? Hmm....

jrsharp21
02-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Does all the merchandise have the Kinkade castle painting on it? I have the painting haning over my fireplace in my family room. Some of this stuff sounds like it would be awesome to have in the room with it.

Mickeymac
02-22-2006, 04:06 PM
AVP - this is really neat. Thank you! Do you happen to know if it will be available in WDW as well?

AVP
02-22-2006, 04:10 PM
AVP - this is really neat. Thank you! Do you happen to know if it will be available in WDW as well?Doubtful, since it's a Disneyland image.

AVP

seanutbutter
02-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I love that painting, but I'm not sure if I'd ever buy any of the merchandise. I'd have to actually see it in person to decide though.

Pat-n-Eil
02-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Doubtful, since it's a Disneyland image.

AVP

Oh, I don't know. They took our birthday and ran with it, didn't they? I think if they thought they can sell it at WDW, they will.

Mickeymac
02-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh, I don't know. They took our birthday and ran with it, didn't they? I think if they thought they can sell it at WDW, they will.

OMG, that is wicked funny. :D