PDA

View Full Version : Only one day?

momtoo2
02-10-2006, 10:19 AM
We are going with family next week to Disneyland and we have not been in over a year and the family we are going with/taking have not ever been and will probably not get the chance to go again anytime soon. The group will consist of 5 adults (4 parents and 1 grandparent) and 6 children (9yo, 6yo, 2 4 yo's, 2 yo and 9 mo old..yes we are nuts) We are going on Wednesday and I have tried to come up with a best of plan...I would love some advice as to if it is possible.
Oh and how crazy is Buzz lightyear late afternoon? I am probably leaving this one for later in the day.

10 am opening..be there for rope drop
Fantasyland (w/ matterhorn in here and getting FP for Space and Star Tours for later)..I am skipping Toontown
Frontierland (by 11 am or so)..BTMR (getting Splash FP when Space is up)
Adventureland (JC)
POC/Lunch
Splash/Pooh (FP for Indy or ride of choice for kids...should I get a Buzz one at this point)
Do West side of park till rougly 3:30 or 4pm
Tiki Room
Tomorroland for Space/ST FP and Buzz. Indy if line not horrid..or FP if opportunity and opening.
IASW
7 pm Parade (I don't know if this will be possible or if it is worth it...I could sit and hold places with the little ones while others try to hit some rides?)
Park Closes at 8pm (we will likely slowly walk out and check out Main Street...undoubtably with masses of people)

I would probably do dinner either while waiting for parade (maybe hotdogs from Coke Corner/Pizza from TL?)

Any advice is so appreciated and sorry this is so long.

The old man
02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't usually say it, but you really should go to Ridemax.com and sign up for the 90 day subscription. Plug in a number of scenarios.

David

stan4d_steph
02-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't usually say it, but you really should go to Ridemax.com and sign up for the 90 day subscription. Plug in a number of scenarios.

DavidI was thinking the same thing.

You might also consider splitting up the group at one point so that ones who can't ride certain things aren't just waiting around while others in the group ride.

MermaidHair
02-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I am not an expert on how many rides you can get in in a day, as I have not been with kids and the last time I was there was 1999. However, in planning for our upcomming trip I picked up a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and they have touring plans in there to help you plan your trip. One of them is a one day plan for families with children. Perhaps yopu can swing by a bookstore and flip through that section of the book to give you some tips - or better yet buy it. I have enjoyed using it to plan our trip!

Also - with your big group, don't underestimate the value of splitting up every once in a while. It may be a good way to make sure everyone gets in what they want to see/do.

Have a great trip!