PDA

View Full Version : Where's Tinkerbell?

Pages : [1] 2

bekky
02-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Just curious ... does anyone know why they dont have a Tinkerbell Character that walks around the park ?

At least Ive never seen her in all my days ... apart from her flying high in the sky during the fireworks show or in an occasional parade.

I think that would be the COOLEST job ... i would love to be Tinkerbell (ok - for a DAY ! )

... complete with a little wand to sprinkle pixie dust ( glitter ) around !!! :p

http://members.sparedollar.com/BellaBella/tink.bmp

cstephens
02-10-2006, 09:47 AM
There's no walk around Tink, but she's in the current Disneyland parade.

disney's #1 fan
02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
several yrs ago when i lived behind disneyland some guy that worked there told me they were thinking bout tinkerbell walking around but that fell though.so i guess that idea never got off the ground

cfrith
02-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Could someone please explain what people mean by "when Tink flies during the fireworks"? I read this somewhere else and asked but never found a reply. Thanks!

cfrith
02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Is she always in the daily parade?

stan4d_steph
02-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Could someone please explain what people mean by "when Tink flies during the fireworks"? I read this somewhere else and asked but never found a reply. Thanks!From the MousePlanet "Remember..." viewing guide (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm050511as):

Tinker Bell descends from the top of Matterhorn and, using new rigging, flies around the castle in various patterns. Towards the end of this segment, light explosions begin. If you are in a location where Tinker Bell cannot be seen, this will be dead time, except for some music.

vicbella2
02-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Could someone please explain what people mean by "when Tink flies during the fireworks"? I read this somewhere else and asked but never found a reply. Thanks!

I don't know the "how" of how she flies, but in the fireworks, tinkerbelle appears to fly from somewhere around the matterhorn past the castle and back. I'm assuming she's suspended on wires. It's actually quite magical to watch. My kids were enthralled to see tinkerbelle's performance in the fireworks. It just somehow made disneyland seem so much more magical with the new fireworks.

bekky
02-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Speaking of walk around characters ...

Do they have a chicken little now ?

Are there any new ones now in the past couple of years?

And ... are there any disney characters that they dont have that you would love to see them start doing ???

cstephens
02-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Is she always in the daily parade?

Yes, barring any sort of unforeseen complication, I suppose.

Here's a picture of her. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DL050505/006.jpg)

Do they have a chicken little now ?

Yep, he's mostly (if not only) found in DCA. He used to be in the Animation Building, but others have reported seeing him generally around the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area.

Here's a picture of him in the Animation Building meet-and-greet area. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/chicklittlechar.jpg)

cfrith
02-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't know the "how" of how she flies, but in the fireworks, tinkerbelle appears to fly from somewhere around the matterhorn past the castle and back. I'm assuming she's suspended on wires. It's actually quite magical to watch. My kids were enthralled to see tinkerbelle's performance in the fireworks. It just somehow made disneyland seem so much more magical with the new fireworks.

How big is she? Is it some kind of a prop that looks like her?

cstephens
02-10-2006, 10:37 AM
How big is she? Is it some kind of a prop that looks like her?

Nope. Real person.

cfrith
02-10-2006, 10:37 AM
So right in front of the castle is the absolute best place to watch the fireworks from?

stan4d_steph
02-10-2006, 10:39 AM
So right in front of the castle is the absolute best place to watch the fireworks from?Yes. Did you look at the viewing guide I linked to?

cfrith
Nope. Real person.

No way!?!? That sounds dangerous!

cfrith
Yes. Did you look at the viewing guide I linked to?

Yes, that was very helpful! Thank you :) .

stan4d_steph
02-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Yes, that was very helpful! Thank you :) .I've heard reports that near iasw is not bad to view, but if you want to see Tink, you need to be somewhere with a view of the Castle and Matterhorn.

Another option is up in front of Main Street Station. You can see Tink, but you're not as close to her.

Drince88
02-10-2006, 10:45 AM
No way!?!? That sounds dangerous!
There was an article in a recent Disney Magazine (ok, maybe not so recent, one of the last couple) about one of the Tinks.

In my "Backstage Magic Tour" at WDW, they said because of the way the union scale worked and the extra skill and hazards with being Tink, they were paid for an 8 hour day for one flight!

And is Tink ALWAYS in the daily parades, or just this version? I remember being a little surprised at a 'live Tink' when I saw the 50th parade.

And you can't have Tinkerbelle in a meet and greet situation - it's really hard to find people to help portray her that are small enough!:fez:

cfrith
02-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Thank you for the pictures of Tink and Chicken Little, cstephens, my dd (age 3) loved seeing them just now!

bekky
02-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Thank you for the pictures of Tink and Chicken Little, cstephens, my dd (age 3) loved seeing them just now!

Cfrith ... I just sent you email :-)

Malcon10t
02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
[COLOR="Lime"][B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Just curious ... does anyone know why they dont have a Tinkerbell Character that walks around the park ?Tink is a fairy, that is "TEENY", so she can't walk around with us normal sized people, we'd step on her!

cfrith
02-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Tink is a fairy, that is "TEENY", so she can't walk around with us normal sized people, we'd step on her!

That is exactly what I thought too, but then again, alot of the characters I would think should be small...Mickey, Minnie, Chicken Little, Jiminy Cricket, Pinochio, etc.

mi_mous
02-10-2006, 02:10 PM
My mom was asking the same exact thing, about why Tinkerbell doesn't walk around.
My answer: She doesn't speak!! So, how could she interact with people? (Especiallly when it is a person who would be walking around like the princesses). In Peter Pan, she only chimes, and uses body language to speak.
Remember the part where she pulls Wendy's hair? And, Peter Pan captures her in his hat, and all you hear is chiming? Michael asks, what is it? Peter Pan tells him its a pixie, and he asks what's the pixie doing? Peters reaction was talking.
So, that, I think is the major reason she is up on the float, not talking at all to anyone. That and she is supposed to be small, so as much distance they can have for her the better.

shamrockshake
02-10-2006, 03:25 PM
I too would love to have tinkerbell walk around and greet guests. But the last post makes sense about not being able to talk.

I always dress my daughter as Tink when we go. If you happened to see a 3-4 year old red headed Tink with pig tails and puffy green hair pretties. That's her!

Can't wait for our next trip in March!

Malcon10t
02-10-2006, 03:44 PM
My mom was asking the same exact thing, about why Tinkerbell doesn't walk around.
My answer: She doesn't speak!!
Well, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Pinochio, none of them speak either.

mi_mous
02-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Well, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Pinochio, none of them speak either.

No, they don't because they can't. It would ruin the magic. BUT, if you put a woman out there dressed like Tinkerbell, not a plush outfit, but someone like they have on the parade float, she would have to speak, just like the Princesses do. Imagine talking to another person, and they say nothing to you.. wouldn't that be a little wierd?