PDA

View Full Version : DLR shopping and shipping parcels home?

robsmustang
02-10-2006, 09:22 AM
i was wondering if i bought a few things at Disneyland or in the world of disney can they ship those items to my home or is that up to me. where would the closest post office be to Disneyland?

Malcon10t
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
i was wondering if i bought a few things at Disneyland or in the world of disney can they ship those items to my home or is that up to me. where would the closest post office be to Disneyland?In the past, I have had things shipped to me, especially breakables I didn't want to be carrying around for miles. They can do it right in the store. If you forget something, call Disney DelivEARS and they will ship it to you also!

robsmustang
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
is it very expensive to have it done this way or would it be cheaper to go through the post office? I am doing this because i will only be at the resort for three days this visit and i am only bringing a carry on suitcase.

Malcon10t
02-10-2006, 03:49 PM
is it very expensive to have it done this way or would it be cheaper to go through the post office? I am doing this because i will only be at the resort for three days this visit and i am only bringing a carry on suitcase.
I don't remember it being that expensive. For me, it wouldn't be worth the hassle of looking for a post office and boxing it all up, buting packing supplies and a box, etc....

adriennek
02-10-2006, 04:20 PM
If you have a rental car, you might look up the nearest FedEx/Kinkos location. I've been shipping with FedEx ground and I'm saving oodles over the post office rates, plus they have boxes and packing materials there. (I know the PO does, too, but it seems Kinkos is better set up for it.)

Adrienne

I Heart Disneyland!
02-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I bought something at Disney Gallery in October and they shipped it to me via Fed Ex for about $8.00. :) It was great!!! (It was breakable.)

cstephens
02-11-2006, 08:51 AM
I was wondering why they don't offer more shipping options directly at the park, because I'm sure they'd get a lot of business from it. I don't know if it's still offered, but at WDW (I forget which park) many years ago, we ended up buying quite a few things at their huge villain store, and everything was shipped home. Shipping was pretty reasonable, especially since we didn't have to pay tax apparently because we were shipping out of state.

Malcon10t
02-11-2006, 09:34 AM
I was wondering why they don't offer more shipping options directly at the park, because I'm sure they'd get a lot of business from it. I don't know if it's still offered, but at WDW (I forget which park) many years ago, we ended up buying quite a few things at their huge villain store, and everything was shipped home. Shipping was pretty reasonable, especially since we didn't have to pay tax apparently because we were shipping out of state.
The same is available at Disneyland, but unless you are buying big ticket items, they don't mention it. As for sales tax, the rules changed a few years ago. Disney Stores have popped up everywhere, and while they were owned by Disney, if there was a single Disney Store in your state, you got to pay sales tax, but at the tax rate of your state. I don't know the rules today, as I live in state, but I do know I never considered the shipping outrageous. I figured the $1 or 2 I would save taking it to the post office wasn't worth the time I would spend away from the park finding a post office.

tink360
02-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I had all of the coffee cups I bought on my last trip shipped, I don't remember exactly what it cost but it wasn't all that much. I knew I had very little space left in my luggage for anything more. They did an excellent job of packing to prevent damage.

Surfingstitch
02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
My first trip I carried home bowls and plates from the pooh collection.

After that I have always shipped things home. The shipping is based off of how much you spend. The most that I have spent is 25.00 on shipping items from the park.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-11-2006, 01:30 PM
The same is available at Disneyland, but unless you are buying big ticket items, they don't mention it. As for sales tax, the rules changed a few years ago. Disney Stores have popped up everywhere, and while they were owned by Disney, if there was a single Disney Store in your state, you got to pay sales tax, but at the tax rate of your state.

I didn't pay sales tax on my item I bought and it was about $45.00. (The item, not the tax!) The cost of shipping was greatly offset not having to pay sales tax, and they DO have a Disney Store in my town.)

cstephens
02-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I'd never heard about the shipping, and most people in the past have said it wasn't available, so it seems like it is offered at the park for some things. Wonder why they don't make it more well known.

robsmustang
02-12-2006, 11:23 AM
i am using snow globes for center pieces at my wedding, and it looks like i will be shipping my snow globes home. thanks for the info:)

I Heart Disneyland!
02-12-2006, 03:07 PM
I'd never heard about the shipping, and most people in the past have said it wasn't available, so it seems like it is offered at the park for some things. Wonder why they don't make it more well known.

The item I bought was at Disney Gallery. I don't know if they offer it because so much of what they sell is breakable and such, but, I had to ask the gal if they'd ship.

Malcon10t
02-12-2006, 04:32 PM
The item I bought was at Disney Gallery. I don't know if they offer it because so much of what they sell is breakable and such, but, I had to ask the gal if they'd ship.
I think you have to ask. It takes about 3 times longer than just ringing a customer and putting it in a bag, and I think they figure most people want to take their purchase with them, so they don't offer on a normal basis.

Disnerd
02-12-2006, 08:49 PM
We do not charge sales tax for shipments out of state with the exception of Florida. We are part of Theme Park operations, so it doesn't matter if there is a Disney Store in your home state. We have no connection to The Disney Stores. Depending on the cost of an item shipping can be expensive. For example if you bought a $900 ring the shipping would be over $100. The rate goes up for every $50 you spend. Also our standard ground shipping only insures to $100. If your item is worth more than that you should ship via FedEx 4 day for full coverage.