PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto Price

Pages : [1] 2

doodlebug
02-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Is the price for dinner and lunch the same at Ariel's Grotto?? :) :)

Darkbeer
02-09-2006, 03:40 PM
No...

He is a link to the menus and prices

www.dlresortinfo.com

hlbtimes2
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
No...

He is a link to the menus and prices

www.dlresortinfo.com

I see one adult menu and one childrens menu they are both titled "lunch/dinner", with one price for adults and one for children. Is there something else?

vicbella2
02-09-2006, 06:31 PM
If you go to the disneyland website and plug in dates for travel, it gives you an option if you want to add a meal plan. According to that website, it's the same price for lunch as it is for dinner. For a family of 2 adults and 2 children, both prices are $89.10. A character breakfast is $84.10 and goofy's dinner is $101.40. Again, prices are for 2 adults and 2 kids, I believe tax and tip are inclusive of prices.

Wendi
02-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes, they are the same price... which is why I opt for dinner, you can get lunch elsewhere much cheaper. Of course, I almost always go in the off season so we have to settle for "dinner" around 4:30 because DCA closes at 6! Oh well, gives me a good reason to snack later, right?

doodlebug
02-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Thank you guys!! I think I will opt to change my lunch reservations to dinner ones for one night!!!!

junglemom
02-10-2006, 05:47 AM
If you go to the disneyland website and plug in dates for travel, it gives you an option if you want to add a meal plan. According to that website, it's the same price for lunch as it is for dinner. For a family of 2 adults and 2 children, both prices are $89.10. A character breakfast is $84.10 and goofy's dinner is $101.40. Again, prices are for 2 adults and 2 kids, I believe tax and tip are inclusive of prices.

That's how much we paid for 2 adults and 3 kids at Ariels grotto for dinner. I think it was about $23 per adult and $13 per kid... and more food than we could even think about eating. Tipping was not included in that price though.

doodlebug
02-10-2006, 05:50 AM
I think that is a bit high for it not including your drinks though!!! I know it will be the meal my dd will like the most since she loves the Princess gals but I thought it was more appropriately prices when it was the other gang in the sea wear!!

junglemom
02-10-2006, 05:54 AM
I think that is a bit high for it not including your drinks though!!! I know it will be the meal my dd will like the most since she loves the Princess gals but I thought it was more appropriately prices when it was the other gang in the sea wear!!

our drinks were included for that price.

junglemom
02-10-2006, 05:58 AM
oh and for the little guys under 3 it's not free like at the buffets, they said they offer 1/2 price kids meals for them. We were going to do that and had even ordered a drink for our little guy, then decided to just let him share since there would be so much food. Lately he doesn't eat much anyways. I thought we'd be charged for the drink, but they were really nice and left that off the bill.

doodlebug
02-10-2006, 05:59 AM
our drinks were included for that price.

Oh that's good... From the menu it looked like you had to pay another $2.50 or something like that for a soda... Thanks that's a little bit better!! :)

sambo
02-11-2006, 02:31 PM
We did the dinner at Ariel's and the twenty something each was worth it. The food was plenty, and tasty, and my daughter got photos with all the princesses as they came around to spend time at each table.

Yeah, I know - she's 23, but the memories... the pictures are worth a thousand words... ;)

buzzzz
02-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Does Ariel's have table service or is it buffet style?

FWIW, We did the Princess Breakfast last year at Plaza Inn, and the buffet proved to be a challenge. Trying to corrall two young kids while carrying their food and our food (or making several trips) was a bit of work. I'd look forward to trying Ariel's if it has table service.

We're leaving tomorrow!!! See y'all in the park Mon-Thurs! :) :) :)
Mucho thanks to MousePlanet/MousePadders for all the info to help me plan our trip!

doodlebug
02-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Ariels is a sit down meal that they bring to your table so no need to try to keep the kids in line!!

buzzzz
02-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Ariels is a sit down meal that they bring to your table so no need to try to keep the kids in line!!

Excellent!! Thanks, doodlebug.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-11-2006, 07:16 PM

WHERE is it? I haven't ever seen it in all my trips! I guess I tend to go to the old favorites but I'd like to try it.

Darkbeer
02-11-2006, 07:30 PM
WHERE is it? I haven't ever seen it in all my trips! I guess I tend to go to the old favorites but I'd like to try it.

It is in the Paradise Pier area. If you walk from GRR or Golden Dreams over the "pier" aka bridge towards California Screamin', it will be on the right at the end of the bridge. If the path makes you turn to the left, you have gone too far, and it is behind you. You might see the Cove Bar, but the restaurant is downstairs, at water level.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-12-2006, 12:01 AM
You might see the Cove Bar, but the restaurant is downstairs, at water level.

And the food is good?? (Thanks for the directions!)

junglemom
02-12-2006, 06:13 AM
My food was great, I had the chicken pot pie. The biscuit was too much for me but the cream sauce was amazing. And with the kids meals they got steak fries instead of string. Those were a nice change. The cutest part was the octadog. They cut the hot dog on my sons meal to look just like a octopus. Too cute

doodlebug
02-12-2006, 06:31 AM
We have loved the meals in the past so hoping they are still just as good!! And can't wait to be able to see most of the Princess gals in one spot!

Meah's Mouse
02-12-2006, 03:14 PM
We have had not such a good experience at Ariels Grotto. We were there in October and waited almost an hour for lunch. Even with reservations from the conceirges at the Grand CA. We held on so that our granddaughter could capture all the princesses in one place. The service was very poor, we were served after several others came in behind us. The food was not as good as the other restaurants in CA or DL. I can't imagine dinner being a choice...even for the price. Since we got most of the princess pictures we will pass on this restaurant and go to another one for lunch.

DopeyWife
02-16-2006, 10:56 PM
oh and for the little guys under 3 it's not free like at the buffets, they said they offer 1/2 price kids meals for them. We were going to do that and had even ordered a drink for our little guy, then decided to just let him share since there would be so much food. Lately he doesn't eat much anyways. I thought we'd be charged for the drink, but they were really nice and left that off the bill.

Hmm, that's strange. When we went last fall, our waiter told us that for kids under 3, they could have a half sized kids meal for free. It even came with the bucket and shovel. We weren't even going to order our daughter a meal (she would have shared with me), but I figured a half portion for free is great even if she didn't eat it. I was so surprised when it also came with the bucket and shovel for her to play with.

buzzzz
02-19-2006, 03:46 PM
We just got home from our 4-day trip to DLR, and our first visit to Ariel's Grotto. Our experience was OUTSTANDING! :) I can't say enough good things about this place (but I'll try -- read on if you're interested in our experience).

We had an early dinner at the latest seating of 4:50 (the park closed at 6:00 that day). Five princesses came marching in together (we had just sat down, and some people were preparing to leave so I think they batch up the visit to get everyone) and visited our table one at a time. They took their time and of course posed for photos and singned autographs.

I originally balked at the price, but later deicded to give it a try. I really think this was the BEST value in the entire park (especially if you have a princess lover). First, I didn't realize my 2-y-o son would get a half-portion for free. That was a real bonus since he ate a total of one chicken nugget -- $13 for that would have been a bit hard to swallow (but overall still worth it).

The adult meals were quite good. I really think that if you ate at a quickie food stand in the park it would cost at least as much, considering you get dinner rolls, all you can drink sodas, real food entree, and a delicious dessert! I think you'd easily pay the same a Chili's or the like (obviously without princesses!!), but when compared to the typical expensive theme park food prices, this was a terriffic value. (Plus, we had a nice comfortable booth and enjoyed the decor, like the jellyfish lamps). It was much more organized than the Princess Breakfast on Main St. we did last year. Although we enjoyed the Princess Breakfast, it was a mass of people vying for princesses' attention compared to this structured approach where you were guaranteed to see every one of them without interruption.

The long(er) story:
My daughter (5-y-o princess lover) had, on her own accord, drawn pictures for all of the princesses and put them in envelopes with their names on them to deliver personally on our trip (she did this months ago when we first told her we were planning on going to DLR). I was concerned about how this would work out in the park with a long line of people waiting to see the princesses, and then obviously the princess couldn't hold on to the letter. Maybe princesses pass such letters to their handler CMs, or maybe tell kids they can't accept it or ask her to put it in a mailbox or something. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was prepared for disappointment.

The Grotto experience took care of all those concerns. Since we had one-on-one time with each princess, my daughter handed each of them their letter, and they all took the time to open them and tell her how much they loved it and how special it was. My daughter was SO excited she was speechless, and her face was just gleaming. Cinderella and Ariel each gave her a big kiss on the cheek and left big lipstick marks that she wore proudly for that last few hours of the day.

The only bummer is that you only get five princesses (not a complaint, just a fact). So in our case we didn't get to see Snow White. Unfortunately for us, we never saw SW in the park either, so we left her letter with a friendly CM who said he'd see that she would get it. My daughter was quite satisfied with that.

Thanks for reading this far so it wasn't a waste of typing. I hope I got the point across that this is a MUST if you have a princess lover. Don't let the price deter you as it almost did me -- it's a great value!
-Buzzzz

MammaSilva
02-19-2006, 04:05 PM
What a great trip report! I've pondered doing the meal more because my daughter really isn't huge into the princess's so waiting for them out in the parks just isn't an option for us, but if they came by during a meal I could get the photos that I'd want of her with them while eating a nice meal at the same time.

junglemom
02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Hmm, that's strange. When we went last fall, our waiter told us that for kids under 3, they could have a half sized kids meal for free. It even came with the bucket and shovel. We weren't even going to order our daughter a meal (she would have shared with me), but I figured a half portion for free is great even if she didn't eat it. I was so surprised when it also came with the bucket and shovel for her to play with.

You know, maybe I just heard him wrong. That makes me feel better though, and would explain why we didn't get charged for the little guys drink... Sorry for the misinformation.