PDA

View Full Version : Outlet Malls

markarkaymat
02-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I was hoping to find a Gymboree Outlet. But I would also like to know what outlet malls are nearby. I am willing to drive up to 1.5 hours from Disneyland to go there. I can mapquest the driving directions and google the outlet mall for store listings but I don't know what outlet malls there are.
Thanks In Advance!

adriennek
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
There are a couple towards LA but I haven't been to them to give enough information.

There's Ontario Mills at I-10 and I-15, that's about 30 to 60 minutes, say it with me, "Depending on traffic".

There's Lake Elsinore Outlets which is 45 to 70 minutes, DOT. Those are outdoor and not as big as Ontario Mills. It's on I-15, about 20 minutes south of the 91 freeway interchange.

I like Cabazon outlets but it's probably 2 hours from DLR, DOT, off I-10 towards Palm Springs.

Adrienne

Darkbeer
02-09-2006, 01:34 PM
There is a large outlet mall south on I-5 near LEGOLAND in Carlsbad, but no Gymboree outlet store.

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=66

I don't know of any Gymboree Outlet stores in the area (and couldn't find any doing a quick web search).

Burnt Toast
02-09-2006, 01:38 PM
There's also the Citadel outlets... which is just north on the 5 freeway from Disenyland in the City of Commerce.

Don't know if there's a Gymboree there.

markarkaymat
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah I couldn't find a Gymboree outlet link to one in CA when I googled. But thought maybe someone knew of one. Thanks all for the help. I am thinking I will be going to Ontario Mills, The Citadel, and the Carlsbad Outlet (if we journey out that way to go to Sea World or the zoo). Thanks again for the help!

adriennek
02-09-2006, 03:38 PM
My understanding is that the Citadel isn't in the greatest part of town, in case that affects your decision. I'd stick with the other two over the Citadel, myself.

Adrienne

Mrs. Newseditor44
02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
The Citadel isn't in the greatest of areas but its so secluded that it doesn't matter. Its right off I5 so you dont go through the industrial part of the town. They opened up some upscale stores from what I heard but I haven't been for quite a while. We go to outlet malls and havent' seen a Gymboree outlet at all in California.

markarkaymat
02-10-2006, 07:26 AM
My understanding is that the Citadel isn't in the greatest part of town, in case that affects your decision. I'd stick with the other two over the Citadel, myself.

Adrienne
Thanks for that info!! It does make a huge difference. Travelling with my DD, we take extra pre-cautions (I am a bit of a worrier when it comes to her, to the point that it annoys my soon to be ex-hubby). Citadels out, but will definitely go to Carlsbad now.:D

nightdesigns
02-10-2006, 08:12 AM
The cidatel isn't that bad, I used to work a mile from there taking the backroads to avoid the rush hour traffic.

However, Carlsbad is more kid friendly.

tinksmommy
02-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Gymboree Outlets in California (from gymbohaven.com) are:

447 Great Mall Drive
Milpitas, California USA 95035-8041
408-945-1072

and

The Gateway-Shops at Las Americas
4211 Camino de la Plaza #452
San Diego, CA 92173
(619) 690-1450

Darkbeer
02-10-2006, 09:02 AM
FYI, the San Diego location is actually at the US/Mexico border (San Ysidro area), so you are looking at about a 2 hour drive to the mall.

markarkaymat
02-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Gymboree Outlets in California (from gymbohaven.com) are:

447 Great Mall Drive
Milpitas, California USA 95035-8041
408-945-1072

and

The Gateway-Shops at Las Americas
4211 Camino de la Plaza #452
San Diego, CA 92173
(619) 690-1450
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I was pretty set on not going to a gymboree outlet. Looks like I may just take DD to Sea World after all! ;) anyone know if the mall on the border is in a not so great area? My co-worker just told me horror stories about going to tiajuana and I would definitely pass on the gymboree outlet if it might be even remotely bad.

Mermaid
02-10-2006, 01:03 PM
There is a rocking outlet mal about an hour or so from DL on I-10 west. It is HUGE!!! It had so many stores that I would really be suprised if there was no Gymboree. There are actually two malls, one has a Crate and Barrel outlet. When we stopped, we were at the wrong one, so we walked around it for four hours and shopped, only to never come to the C&B outlet. As we were back on the I-10, we saw another mall maybe 1/2 mile down the road :rolleyes: I'm not sure of the name of the mall, I think it is on an Indian Reservation.

adriennek
02-10-2006, 01:33 PM
There is a rocking outlet mal about an hour or so from DL on I-10 west. It is HUGE!!! It had so many stores that I would really be suprised if there was no Gymboree. There are actually two malls, one has a Crate and Barrel outlet. When we stopped, we were at the wrong one, so we walked around it for four hours and shopped, only to never come to the C&B outlet. As we were back on the I-10, we saw another mall maybe 1/2 mile down the road :rolleyes: I'm not sure of the name of the mall, I think it is on an Indian Reservation.

It sounds like you're describing the Cabazon Outlets which are outside of Palm Springs. When you say "Two Malls" do you mean "two sections of mall"? The Cabazon Outlets have an older section with a parking lot in the middle of it and a newer section that has a walkway down the middle of it.

Adrienne "have I really lived in the IE for almost 15 years now?" K

Mermaid
02-10-2006, 02:25 PM
It sounds like you're describing the Cabazon Outlets which are outside of Palm Springs. When you say "Two Malls" do you mean "two sections of mall"? The Cabazon Outlets have an older section with a parking lot in the middle of it and a newer section that has a walkway down the middle of it.

Adrienne "have I really lived in the IE for almost 15 years now?" K
ummm... maybe, there were two malls connected to each other through a walkway. But, neither of these mall were the famed Crate and Barell mall, that one was another 1/2 mile or so west, but not connected. I'll look at my bank statement and see if the city is listed on the store transaction. Hold please!!

Mermaid
02-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Okay, you are correct!! It was the Cabazon Outlet mall. I didn't think it was so close to Palm Springs, but I guess it is!!

adriennek
03-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I don't think it will be ready in a week but, FYI, they're putting a Gymboree Outlet into Ontario Mills. When we were there tonight there was someone working on installing fixtures.

Adrienne

cfrith
03-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I just emailed and quickly got a reply from Ontario Mills. Here:

Not an exact date – but it should be in about 2 weeks. Feel free to call our customer service line at 909-484-8300 to check in or send us another email. I saw the store today – it looks great! We’re excited they will open soon

Sue Oxarart

Director of Marketing

Ontario Mills

One Mills Circle Suite One

Ontario CA 91764

909-484-8301 x242

markarkaymat
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I just emailed and quickly got a reply from Ontario Mills. Here:

Not an exact date – but it should be in about 2 weeks. Feel free to call our customer service line at 909-484-8300 to check in or send us another email. I saw the store today – it looks great! We’re excited they will open soon

THANKS!! :D I forgot all about this (I am trying to plan my sort of unexpected work trip that ends with Disneyland). I will try to make it there at the end of this month or the very beginning of April and again in November. Thanks also for helping me decide something else. I was debating whether to just take amtrak cause I am a bit weary of the solo drive during rush hour but now I will need to just keep my rental car reservations since I wanna make the trip to Ontatrio Mills and the Hertz rental place at amtrak won't be open when I need to pick up and return my rental. Thanks!

cfrith
03-04-2006, 08:19 AM
THANKS!! :D I forgot all about this (I am trying to plan my sort of unexpected work trip that ends with Disneyland). I will try to make it there at the end of this month or the very beginning of April and again in November. Thanks also for helping me decide something else. I was debating whether to just take amtrak cause I am a bit weary of the solo drive during rush hour but now I will need to just keep my rental car reservations since I wanna make the trip to Ontatrio Mills and the Hertz rental place at amtrak won't be open when I need to pick up and return my rental. Thanks!

They emailed me back when I asked how far they were from DLR and they said with traffic about an hour. Good luck!

ILovePoker
03-04-2006, 10:28 AM

Adrienne
Well sorry to be frank but you're quite wrong. Been there twice and the area is beautiful, everything is modern and the stores are very up-scale.