PDA

View Full Version : Churro / Popcorn / Frozen Banana or Dole Whip?

Pages : [1] 2

awinner
04-05-2002, 12:06 PM
What is your favorite one of these...I find the popcorn to be real salty, which is good, because it makes the banana go down much better.

Uncle Dick
04-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Dole Whip + Enchanted Tiki Room = good time

mad4mky
04-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Hard to decide. And depends on what ODV we happen to be walking by.

But...probably Churro...then popcorn...and you didn't give the catagory of ice cream...

That, hands down, is the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwhich.:D

MammaSilva
04-05-2002, 01:25 PM
I've been known to drive my evc from one end of the park to the other in search of a fresh hot churro.....dole whips ONLY work on a very hot day ...popcorn is the food of champions and mickey ice cream sandwiches are the breakfast of champions!

Iceman
04-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Actually, they did give the category of ice cream: the frozen banana. Now for my tastes, nothing beats a churro. But I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching my wife eat a frozen banana, and luckily that's HER favorite. :D

BELLEH5
04-05-2002, 02:56 PM
Dole Whip, Fantasia ice cream and hot chocolate are all a MUST have when I'm there from now on!!!!! I always get a cup of hot chocolate 15mins before "Belive" starts. A dole whip right after the Tiki room show is over and I eat Fantasia ice cream just people watching on main street

Lani
04-05-2002, 03:50 PM
You know, I haven't had one of those frozen bananas in over 10 years. I love the way they taste, but they are so frozen solid that it takes me 30 minutes just to eat one (without cracking my teeth). I ought to give it another try sometime...

Ace
04-05-2002, 04:15 PM
you're all wrong... frozen bananas are the best. SQUINKY's record: 7 in one day. and no, that is no joke.

SpaceMTJunkie
04-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Churro, definitely the churro.

Morrigoon
04-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Frozen Bananas are the most fun to eat, because of crowd reaction, but as said earlier, they are so often frozen solid that they are difficult to eat so I rarely get them anymore, opting for the Itzakadoozie instead (Itzakadoozie and Animazement, ah what bliss I used to have!).

I guess Dole whip these days :)

tabacco
04-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Dole whip!

Nigel2
04-05-2002, 09:15 PM
Dole whip because it's one of the few things I can't get better somewhere else. Not a popcorn person since I have a tendancy to get hulls stuck in my teeth and it irritates me, I can get bigger and better frozen bannans from a local place, and I usually don't have a taste for the churos.:)

HondaBoy
04-05-2002, 09:15 PM
Well today I had two churros at the parks, they happened to be extra fresh today. I gotta buy myself a Dole Whip next week when I go visit the parks again.

Dlandmom
04-05-2002, 09:17 PM
Do I really have to choose?!;) :D

tink360
04-05-2002, 09:20 PM
frozen banana, never tried the dole whip. What is it?

Nigel2
04-05-2002, 09:44 PM
It is like a sorbet made out of pineapple juice, sugar, water and egg whites (I think that is it) and it comes out in a soft serve form.

tink360
04-05-2002, 10:30 PM
sounds good, I've never tried it because I thought it might be pineapple flavored cool whip!

Nigel2
04-05-2002, 10:39 PM
No, that would be revolting (yes cool whip is revolting, I don't care what you say:D ) It is rather sweet though.

Not Afraid
04-05-2002, 10:47 PM
I really don't eat any of these things. If I had to choose, it would be popcorn.

If I'm forced to eat from only ODV, I'd live on coffee and hot chocolate. Pretzles are good for a snack in a pinch. I prefer the walk-in food/snack venues. That could be another thread.

Polar33
04-06-2002, 02:23 AM
Morrigoon: It's been a while since ODV has sold the Itzakadoozies. If memory serves me right they were replaced by the Juice Bars which in tern were replaced by the Sorbets (not to be confused with sherberts). Hopefully PhilMP could correct me on that if I am wrong...it's more his specialty.

My choice on that list would be a Dole Whip. I'm having it every day now that they are serving it backstage at the Inn Between...best part is that it's only about 15 cents an ounce! :D

However, if I were to choose strictly from ODV's selection it would have to be a strawbery pre-cup lemonade...Yum! Churros used to be my favorite though before I overdosed on about 20 of them a few Cast Blast's ago. Every once and a while I'll get an Apple Churro though...but not as often as I used to.

justagrrl
04-06-2002, 08:30 AM
Dole Whip - mmmmmmmm

The ice cream stuff is too frozen for me...so hard I think it might shatter if dropped.
The popcorn gets stuck in my teeth and drives me batty.
Churros I can get at the place we go out to Sunday Brunch too so they aren't anything special really.

But the dole whips! After hearing about them over and over I saw Travel Cafe on TV where they visited the Dole Ranch and were serving them up. I had no idea, until then, that they were like soft serve. I thought it was more of an Orange Julius sort of thing. (Speaking of - what ever happened to them?) But saw it on TV and then I knew I had to try one.

Better yet - my dh and kids don't like it so I can actually sit and enjoy it without having everyone bug Mom me for mine after they finish their treat. (LOL)

FEJ
04-06-2002, 04:29 PM
Dole Whip Float

Matterhorn Fan
04-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
I thought it was more of an Orange Julius sort of thing. (Speaking of - what ever happened to them?)Orange Julius

1 C Orange Juice
1 C Milk
1/3 C Sugar
Crushed Ice

Put ingredients in blender and blend until frothy. Drink.

Dawnie
04-07-2002, 01:19 PM
Popcorn, all the way with an ice cold diet coke.

(Although, I'd really like that D.C. to be a Diet Pepsi.)

;)

PhilMP
04-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Polar33
Morrigoon: It's been a while since ODV has sold the Itzakadoozies. If memory serves me right they were replaced by the Juice Bars which in tern were replaced by the Sorbets (not to be confused with sherberts). Hopefully PhilMP could correct me on that if I am wrong...it's more his specialty.

My choice on that list would be a Dole Whip. I'm having it every day now that they are serving it backstage at the Inn Between...best part is that it's only about 15 cents an ounce! :D

However, if I were to choose strictly from ODV's selection it would have to be a strawbery pre-cup lemonade...Yum! Churros used to be my favorite though before I overdosed on about 20 of them a few Cast Blast's ago. Every once and a while I'll get an Apple Churro though...but not as often as I used to.

I'm not an Ice Cream person, in fact I hate Ice Cream, but Itzakadoozies were replaced by Juice Bars since before I hired in, which were replaced by the Sorbet (not the Sherbert, and please don't pronounce it "sor-bert").

Never tried the Dole Whip, don't really care for pineapple, and why buy a drink from the Inn Between when we can have a fountain soda for free. :)

Churros I used to like, then I made about 800 one night and decided the sucked.

I only like the popcorn I make, little bit of salt, massive amount of oil.

Phil