PDA

View Full Version : Senior Grad Nite - What to expect?

Pages : [1] 2

flipboitwo3
02-08-2006, 10:30 PM
what should i expect on my senior grad night to disneyland and what is the official dresscode b/c i have heard many different things about it

Catcherman22
02-09-2006, 12:40 AM
I had an absolute blast at mine.. park was mostly empty and most rides were under 30 minutes. Plus you'll get to be the first to experience rockit mountain

I don't quite remember the dress code.. I do remember the following:

No School, sports team, club... (Basically if it has a logo) afiliated clothing.. ie Lettermans jackets or what not.. this includes hats. Hats are not permitted period

No torn or ripped clothing

Extremly revealing clothing

Basically.. I wore what I had on for Graduation.. I just took off the tie for the trip to Disney...

Hope that helps :-)

Leli
02-09-2006, 01:12 AM
And.. uh.. don't do anything to get your school banned. Future students will hate you forever. :mad:

Disneyfreak
02-09-2006, 02:28 AM
And.. uh.. don't do anything to get your school banned. Future students will hate you forever. :mad:
That is exactly what happened to my school. I was so depressed when we went to a horrible run down boomers for our grad night. What I heard is one of the guys urinated in one of the fountains and that is what got our school banned.

Malcon10t
02-09-2006, 07:36 AM
what should i expect on my senior grad night to disneyland and what is the official dresscode b/c i have heard many different things about itTwo years ago, it was no jeans also. Slacks, shirts, no tees. Your school should be able to tell you. You will have to arrive on the bus. My kids say they have bands playing all over, and my daughter said they had fireworks every couple hours. Rock-It mountain will be a must. And, remind your friends, there are cameras everywhere to watch for those who decide to violate the rules. We have a school here that was banned. Kids actually transfer out of that school so they can go to Grad Nite.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-09-2006, 07:54 AM
At least as of 26 years ago:

Dress code pretty much as noted above; also no beachwear-type thong sandals, or other extremely casual clothing. But you should get an information packet with your ticket, explaining all that in detail.

Expect delays getting off your bus.

Don't expect to find any of the regular Disneyland music. No Sidestreet Strutters. Probably no Coke Corner pianist. Probably not even the usual canned atmosphere tracks for the various lands.

Probably the closest equivalent I'm aware of, open to the general public: think of New Year's Eve, with a park full of 18-year-olds, and a dress code.

Have a good time.

Malcon10t
02-09-2006, 10:23 AM
At least as of 26 years ago:

Dress code pretty much as noted above; also no beachwear-type thong sandals, or other extremely casual clothing. But you should get an information packet with your ticket, explaining all that in detail.

Expect delays getting off your bus.

Don't expect to find any of the regular Disneyland music. No Sidestreet Strutters. Probably no Coke Corner pianist. Probably not even the usual canned atmosphere tracks for the various lands.

Probably the closest equivalent I'm aware of, open to the general public: think of New Year's Eve, with a park full of 18-year-olds, and a dress code.

Have a good time.Thats how my daughter describes it. She says the chaperones have it best though, as they are allowed into areas before the kids can enter, so they get to ride first. My daughter says it was great to see the park with her friends.

HTanner
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I had a blast, um, 15 years ago? Wow, I'm (getting) old!

For guys, they had to wear a sport coat, collared shirt, and slacks. Ties weren't required.

Women, it was dress up. They were very conscious of revealing clothes. They would check to see how far above your knees the skirt was!! I was nervous because I wore a (modest) mini skirt. But, they let me in.

They did allow people to rent jackets if they did not make the cut. I don't remember them being horribly rude or mean about people - but, if their dress was questionable, they asked them to change.

Rides were great - I remember being there until really late at night. Stores were open, food was open. You could not leave the park until the event was over - if you did, you had to stay on your bus.

You should have a lot of fun.

Oh, and remember, there are cameras. I heard that a young couple from my school was, shall we say, a little indiscreet in Pirates and was horribly embarassed when the CM thanked them for the show when they returned to the dock...

Chiidesu
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Here here!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

hbquikcomjamesl
02-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't recall anything about a sport coat requirement, but a collared-shirt requirement sounds right.

lauramaynot
02-10-2006, 05:31 PM
In 1995 it was also "nice dress" including shoes. I wore a short dress with tights and the most comfortable dress shoes I had. I have a pic somewhere let me look...
We had the best time! Rode everything as much as possible and of course enjoyed the local bands that they brought in to play that year (No Doubt played - they hadn't had a hit yet so no one knew who they were... VERY COOL!) I would say to enjoy it as much as possible but stay out of trouble and follow the rules...a bunch of kids from our school snuck alchol on the bus and there was lots of vomiting on our way home which was NO FUN!!!

flipboitwo3
02-11-2006, 12:14 AM
do we need to wear dress shoes? because for those of u who don't noe, which is i think everyone, i am a shoe head meanin i collect vaious sneakers, mainly nikes and jordans, and have gotten accustomed to the cushion basketball shoes provide. in fact i wore jordans to my winter ball. and due to the "lack" of cushioning, i am afraid to wear my ONLY pair of dress shoes

PapiBear
02-11-2006, 12:27 AM
I definitely remember my Grad Nite; it was sorta casual dress; definitely a jacket & tie was required, and semi-dressy shoes. No jeans, no athletic shoes, for women it was definitely semi-formal dresses or dress suits. Everyone had a good time, I recall that. I don't really recall taking any buses, since we were local (Santa Ana), but maybe we did and I just forgot about them.

Malcon10t
02-11-2006, 08:40 AM
do we need to wear dress shoes? because for those of u who don't noe, which is i think everyone, i am a shoe head meanin i collect vaious sneakers, mainly nikes and jordans, and have gotten accustomed to the cushion basketball shoes provide. in fact i wore jordans to my winter ball. and due to the "lack" of cushioning, i am afraid to wear my ONLY pair of dress shoes
When my daughter went 2 years ago, she wore Vans. They were black with a black sole and were ok. I don't know this is still ok. Unless the instructions say otherwise, my son will also be wearing Vans. If you have to wear the dress shoes, just get some insoles.

Another Dimension
02-11-2006, 02:25 PM
What you should expect is a lot of bad popular music blasted loud all over the park, a bunch of people crashed out and sleeping all over DL by 3am ...
expect Rock-IT Mtn and expect the temporary jealously of everyone who hasn't ridden it yet.

flipboitwo3
02-13-2006, 12:12 AM
If you have to wear the dress shoes, just get some insoles.

thats a good idea, and i can get em easy cuz i work at footlocker :p :D

Burnt Toast
02-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Hopefully this will help you out... but this is the Grad Nite site.

http://www.disneylandgradnite.com/home.html

Dress code is under "Best Dressed" and I believe they talk about Rock-It Mountain as well in another section.

There's also "Grad Nite Blast Off", which is a party that either in California Adventure (most of the Paradise Pier attractions as well as the Tower of Terror) or the ESPN Zone. It's optional and your school has to decide to do it (it's definately an extra charge).

soccerlady16
02-16-2006, 03:23 AM
I went in 2001 me and my boyfriend went dressed up but my best friend and her boyfriend when in t-shirt and jeans they had not problem getting in. To my surprise about half went in jeans and the other half followed dress code. i remembered that we had to WALK to the park from the parking lot and back!
They have diffrent radio stations through out the park dee jaying all night long, they had rock music, hip hop, top 40, techno... The radio stations sometimes give out goodies, KIIS FM (top 40 radio ) was giving out Wango Tango tickets ( their summer concert ).
The lines were waaaayyy to long to ride anything so we just dance. Oh ya they had BMX guys doing their stuff over by small world. and then around 2 or 3 am all you see are zombies and kids sleeping everywhere! In the theaters, on the benches, in the tiki room, on the sidewalk, its kind of funny!

CariBelle
02-16-2006, 01:42 PM
I went in 1998 & 2000 and had a blast! The only long line I remember was Indy in 2000. The have some younger friends who went last year and the year before and from what I understand the dress code has been "lightened up" since I went. Example- I couldn't wear flip slops, all sandals had to have a heal strap, but my buddy wore flip flops with no problem and said most girls were wearing the same thing.

A word to the wise- if you want a Grad Night t-shirt or sweatshirt and you don't wear an X-Large or bigger, buy it early in the night! In both 98 and 00 I got stuck with a X-Large tshirt because I waited and they don't refill supplies throughout the night. Same thing hapened to several of my friends over the years!

kathynova
02-21-2006, 08:54 AM
New user...I apologize if I am using the wrong thread here...One of my upcoming trips will be 6/10 thru 6/13. Does anyone know how I can find out if any of these dates are "Grad Nite" dates? If so, does the park close early to prepare for that event?

Malcon10t
02-21-2006, 09:11 AM
New user...I apologize if I am using the wrong thread here...One of my upcoming trips will be 6/10 thru 6/13. Does anyone know how I can find out if any of these dates are "Grad Nite" dates? If so, does the park close early to prepare for that event?As the Grad Nites are Thursday dates (with 1 Wed) you should be safe with your dates. The par closes at 7 in DCA and 9 for DL, but those are normal closing times during that time frame.

acpalmer
02-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Does the Disneyland calendar list these dates or just show the earlier closing time on those particular dates. We will be there the 14th through the 17th of June and since it includes a Wednesday and Thursday I'm now wondering if we could have two early closing nights? I know when I looked at the calendar last June, they were open until midnight pretty much every night, so I was anticipating the same this June. Plus, since all of the schools around here (Colorado) graduate in mid to late May, I never thought of this coming up in mid-June.

Malcon10t
02-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Does the Disneyland calendar list these dates or just show the earlier closing time on those particular dates. We will be there the 14th through the 17th of June and since it includes a Wednesday and Thursday I'm now wondering if we could have two early closing nights? I know when I looked at the calendar last June, they were open until midnight pretty much every night, so I was anticipating the same this June. Plus, since all of the schools around here (Colorado) graduate in mid to late May, I never thought of this coming up in mid-June.Generally, during grad nite, DCA will close at 7pm and DL will close at 9. For your time frame the 14th and 15th will be Grad Nites. They may change the early entry day on Thurs to Friday to accomodate EEs. In California, a lot school don't get out til mid June. They generally start after Labor day in Sept. The Disneyland calendar won't be listing the times until mayb eMarch/April.

flipboitwo3
02-22-2006, 12:12 AM
does any one know the grad nite date for this year? (Class of '06)

CariBelle
02-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I forgot to mention the "no logos" rule. My cousin had to tear the plastic wrapper off her chapstick last year because it had a logo on it.