PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel

susanmckay
02-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Can anyone give me some info on PPH waterslide. I heard it does not go into the pool. Is it better then DLH pool area? Also, how far is the walk from PPH to DCA and the maingate? We always stay at DLH with kids ages 9, 10 and 13. Would anyone recommend PPH over DLH for kids that age? I would appreciate any opinions.

hlbtimes2
02-08-2006, 08:18 PM
The pool can't be compared to DLH. It's a very simple pool- a large rectangle. There is a small kiddie pool as well. The slide does not go into the pool, and is only open mid day. The walk to the main gate is about 10-15 min. It was on the longer end with us, we had 3 and 7 year olds, and 74 and 77 year olds. They all do pretty well, but it still slowed us down! From PP to DCA is not far at all. You go out the front of the hotel, walk to the traffic light, cross the street and you're in the parking lot at the GC (maybe 5-7 min?). Then its another 5 or so through the hotel, and 5 or so to the gates. You can also go to the monorail station and ride into the park that way.

While it was a nice hotel, I wouldnt say that I would recomend it over the DLH. We really wanted the DLH, but it wasnt available for our dates last year.

ktrm
02-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I had reservations for the PP and cancelled them at the last minute and stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. Once I got to Disneyland, I had to check out the PP and was convinced I would regret my decision. On the contrary, I was glad I cancelled. The pool is on an upper level and is very plain. There is no cute landscaping. The whole pool area is kind of stark. The outside of the waterslide looked kind of dirty. Of the three hotels the PP is the farthest from the Disneyland gate. You can take the monorail, but I insist on entering Disneyland from Main Street. The walk would be too far for my 6 and 4 year olds, but older kids could handle it. I checked out the DLH afterwards and loved it. The waterfalls, landscaping, and pools are sooo pretty. I would be willing to pay higher prices and resort fees for the DLH but not the PP.

kohl
02-09-2006, 08:46 AM
We think the walk to Dsineyland is about the same from the PP or DLH. When we stay at PP we cut throught the GCH.
My kids are ages 7 and 9 and think the slide is fun at PP. The DLH pool is themed so it looks fun, but if all they really want is swimming, it is fun!

Chadsgal
02-09-2006, 09:01 AM
This DH pool is much more fun but I found it to be much colder than PPH. I heard somewhere that if you are staying at a Disney Hotel you have access to all the pools. Someone correct me if this info is wrong. :)

Everett Buzz
02-09-2006, 01:39 PM
This DH pool is much more fun but I found it to be much colder than PPH. I heard somewhere that if you are staying at a Disney Hotel you have access to all the pools. Someone correct me if this info is wrong. :)
We stayed at the PPH in october and the water for the slide and pool was warm and great. We used our room key from the PPH and tried all 3 hotel's pools so yes we were allowed to use any pool. My kids (DS 7 & DD 6) would only use the PPH slide because they are not good swimmers yet! and the slide lets out into about 18" of water so it was perfect for them. They found the pool on a roof (PPH) really cool. and there was much less of a crowd the at DLH.

hope that helped.

ktrm
02-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Glad to hear that you used your key and it worked for all the DLR hotel pools. Everytime I called Disneyland information I got different information. Some said yes you could use the other pools and some said no. Yours is the first concrete evidence I've heard that you can use all the pools if you stay at one of the DLR hotels.

hlbtimes2
02-10-2006, 05:48 AM
The pool keys do not always work at all of the hotels. In Oct. PP was working on their pool during a couple of different time periods. During those times you could use the other pools.

We tried to use our key to check out the pool at the DLH around Oct 14-15. We were not going to swim, just look. Our key did not work. On Monday Oct. 17 received a note in our room that the pool was closed and we could use the one at the DLH. It was our check out day, so we didnt have time. I know they were doing work on the pool the week before we were there as well.

So, while you *might* be able to, I would not make it part of my plan or use it to choose a hotel.