PDA

View Full Version : Help! AP'ers who book through Walt Disney Travel

DisneyMa
02-08-2006, 11:10 AM
For you AP'ers who book your trips through Walt Disney Travel, I have a question.

We just upgraded to AP's a few months ago and since then have been taking advantage of the AP's room discounts therefor, we haven't been booking through WDT or receiving the extras you get booking through them.

Our trip in May will be the first trip we have booked through WDT, while we hold the AP's. I have booked a room for DH, DD and Myself (all have AP's) and a second room for another couple going with us and their five day hopper passes.

On my conformation letter I just received from WDT it states that we only get ONE ticket for admission into Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness. In the past, when booking through WDT we have always received one ticket PER PERSON. I called WDT and the lady said we ONLY need ONE TICKET PER GROUP (family).

We were at the DLR last week, the CM at Toontown Madness stated to me they still require each person to have one ticket PER PERSON. When I called WDT for the second time concerning this matter I was then told it has something to do with the fact we hold AP's and didn't buy hopper passes. We loose when we don't buy the hoppers? They have no answer! When I stated my second room for our friends who DO have the 5 day hoppers also only have ONE ticket into Madness. He then ended the call with telling me to stop by WDT when we arrive at the DLR hotel and see what they say.

Just because we are AP's We can ONLY HAVE ONE PERSON ADMITTED INTO MADNESS or is it that being and AP holder you ONLY need ONE TICKET Per Group. :confused:

PLEASE, HELP ME WITH THIS MADNESS (LOL)

Thanks In Advance.
Disneyma

Burnt Toast
02-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Hrmn... is everyone's name (including those with APs) on the reservation? If you booked it and only put that one person's name, the one that needs the park hopper ticket, then yah... if only one person's name is on the reservation so you only get one ticket.

Now if everyone's name is on the reservation, then that's weird.

There is a Walt Disney Travel office at Downtown Disney that you can speak to someone in person (omg, the concept in this day and age) located on the side of the AMC movie theater, between the Disneyland Hotel and the AMC. Hours (unless changed recently) is 8am to 5:30pm.

hlbtimes2
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
I wouldnt panic yet. Someone else posted about this recently (not in regard to AP, but about the invoice saying 1). Wait until you get your travel documents and see how many they send. I think there system is a bit off, and they really do send enough for everyone. If you dont get enough, then I would stop by the travel office when you get in town.

yellowrosedtxn
02-08-2006, 11:29 AM
I have an AP as well (and I am in Texas) but when I made my reservations through WDTC the prices was 2633.90. I went through AAA and they made reservations for me and it was $128.00 cheaper.

Well going through AAA gave me, as well as my family 7 day hopper tickets (even though I have an AP) which meant I could get the enhanced fast passes as well as an Early Entry day. If I had not gotten the 7 day hopper I would not have been able to do EE. Long story short, when I got my itnerary from AAA/WDTC it stated the same as what you said- Toontown EE 1. I called AAA and she called WDTC. She stated that when everything was sent out, there would be enough vouchers for EVERYONE named on the package - I believe that included an AP person.

cfrith
02-08-2006, 11:50 AM
We just got our paperwork from WDTC too and it too states Mickey's Morning Madness (1) even though there are 4 of us listed as guests. I'm sure once our tickets and all come in the mail there will be enough...I hope!

DisneyMa
02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Yes, everyone's names are on the list.

I will wait until they send me the package in the mail. I hope there is enough for everyone or I WILL be paying a visit to their office in DTD.

Thanks everyone for your posts. At least I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

You guys are GREAT! ;)

SuzanneSLO
02-08-2006, 01:47 PM
We just got our documents for our package. We booked 2 with APs and 4 with parkhoppers. Our documents included 6 tickets to Toontown Morning Madness.

Everett Buzz
02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
We just got our paperwork from WDTC too and it too states Mickey's Morning Madness (1) even though there are 4 of us listed as guests. I'm sure once our tickets and all come in the mail there will be enough...I hope!
We went though AAA and our paperwork said 1 for TTMM but when I picked up our packet there where 4 tickets for the 4 of us. :)

ima_mickeyfan
02-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I just got my papers from WDTC and there is only 1 listed for mickeys toon madness..and we have 6 people going..so there may be a group ticket that they are going to send out instead of indivs..

Burnt Toast
02-08-2006, 03:05 PM
I haven't seen an invoice sheet for WDTC recently... but did it not occur to any of you guys that it might be listed as "1" for one group of tickets for the number of folks in your party? Hence a "2" would mean that there would be two groups of tickets for each person and a "3" would be three groups.

If I'm not mistaken, you can add more stuff onto your package if you want more then one... like if you wanted more pin/lanyards and other stuff. At least when I worked there... don't know if they still do that now.

Nancy
02-08-2006, 07:00 PM
We also have AP's and booked with WDT. The conformation letter says 1 early entry too but we also got one for each of our party. They need to fix that because I was concerned :confused: before the package arrived too.:)

MsYumiBr
02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
How did you get EE with APs? I thought they were on the parkhoppers. Or are you talking about the Morning Madness. Our package contained one for each of us.

yellowrosedtxn
02-09-2006, 04:40 AM
I haven't seen an invoice sheet for WDTC recently... but did it not occur to any of you guys that it might be listed as "1" for one group of tickets for the number of folks in your party? Hence a "2" would mean that there would be two groups of tickets for each person and a "3" would be three groups.

If I'm not mistaken, you can add more stuff onto your package if you want more then one... like if you wanted more pin/lanyards and other stuff. At least when I worked there... don't know if they still do that now.

The thing is, on the invoice sheet it shows the name and the number after each person. IE me - 1, dad - 2, kid 1 - 3, etc. So when you look at the invoice it showed lanyards - 1, 2, 3, etc. Naturally when it showed things like that for the pin and lanyard, EE and stuff, then you see ToonTown Morning Madness - 1; what would you think?

It was confusing to me, as well as several other people apparently. After the call and it was clarified - All was well with the world.

DisneyMa
02-09-2006, 05:37 AM
How did you get EE with APs? I thought they were on the parkhoppers. Or are you talking about the Morning Madness. Our package contained one for each of us.

I'm speaking of the Morning Madness. However, with the AP's we STILL get EE on every day it is open for EE as we always stay at one of the DLR Hotels.

DisneyMa
02-09-2006, 05:45 AM
The thing is, on the invoice sheet it shows the name and the number after each person. IE me - 1, dad - 2, kid 1 - 3, etc. So when you look at the invoice it showed lanyards - 1, 2, 3, etc. Naturally when it showed things like that for the pin and lanyard, EE and stuff, then you see ToonTown Morning Madness - 1; what would you think?

It was confusing to me, as well as several other people apparently. After the call and it was clarified - All was well with the world.

The trip we booked through WDTC at the end of the year was, Morning Madness 1, 2

This new trip we booked through WDTC for May is, Morning Madness 1

THIS IS WHAT HAD ME CONFUSED. Even the CM on the telephone the second time said he ask two people and was told two different things. However, I am not going to concern myself over it knowing this is happening with other's when booking through WDTC. They are still getting MM tickets for EACH PERSON. If for some reason I don't get one per person I will just go into the WDTC at DTD the day I arrive.

Everyone on here is such great help. Thanks again for everyone's posts. ;)

hlbtimes2
02-09-2006, 08:07 AM
I had my own little problem last night with WDT. I booked a reservation a week or so ago for March. I paid the $200 deposit and received an email. Everything was right on the email. Last night I paid the balance. When the confirmation screen popped up it showed "tickets: none". I about had a heart attack. The thought of spending $300 for tickets was enough to make me sick. I had so carefully priced this trip within a budget.

I called this morning. My tickets show on their end, same as my email. I am so relieved right now! One month from today !

Burnt Toast
02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
The trip we booked through WDTC at the end of the year was, Morning Madness 1, 2

This new trip we booked through WDTC for May is, Morning Madness 1

THIS IS WHAT HAD ME CONFUSED. Even the CM on the telephone the second time said he ask two people and was told two different things. However, I am not going to concern myself over it knowing this is happening with other's when booking through WDTC. They are still getting MM tickets for EACH PERSON. If for some reason I don't get one per person I will just go into the WDTC at DTD the day I arrive.

Everyone on here is such great help. Thanks again for everyone's posts. ;)

Consistancy... YOU ASK FOR TOO MUCH. 8:) Haha.

Nancy
02-09-2006, 02:20 PM

Yes it's for Toontown.
If you book at the DLH you can get EE passes even with a AP. I just don't happen to be staying there.( darnit)