PDA

View Full Version : Picture Spots

Pat-n-Eil
02-08-2006, 11:02 AM
I was just wondering what your essential picture spots are. Looking back at my own past trips and pictures, I am drawn to certain pictures that just appear photogenic. Obviously I like my avatar picture with Tower & Terror & Grizzly Peak (taken from our room at the Grand Californian).

Other pictures I like are obvious places:
In front of the Mickey Flowers at the Entrance
In front of the Castle
On Board the monorail - and beside it at the station with a long view of the train in the picture.

Some others I like are:
Shooting down the track from the bridge that goes over the starting point of California Screamin'. Directly behind a loaded train that is ready to take off with the track running straight ahead of them.

Pictures of family when we're in the queue for Haunted Mansion. If you get the mansion in the background, it can look really nice.. nice light there.

So - Where are your favorite places to take pictures?

Both where the scenery itself is the focus or perhaps as a backdrop for a portrait or picture of a person.

cfrith
02-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Where would be a good place to get a picture with the Grizzly Peak in the background (besides the GCH)?

WITron
02-08-2006, 08:46 PM
our favorite spot is Snow White's groto. Unfortunately we were unable to get our picture there since they were doing alot of filming for the christmas Parade when we were there.

mi_mous
02-09-2006, 12:14 AM
I like the partners statue, I have done a lot with that one, and in front of the Matterhorn, where the little Kodak picture spot marker is.
Actually, I was just talking about this with my mom.
My theory is that Disneyland was designed to have NO bad pictures. When you think about it, it's really true.
Can you think of one thing that you would HATE to have in a background at Disneyland? (Not including restrooms.) It's just all soo well maintained, and there really are no bad picture spots, but I know what you are saying, and asking about.

Vegitabeta
02-09-2006, 02:07 AM
Those little figures around the partners statues, I get down on the ground a take a shot of them from below, it looks good. I have one of Pinnochio with the Matterhorn in the background.

LLevy
02-09-2006, 07:33 AM
OK I have to ask- where did you take the photo of grizzly peak from ? my sister would like to get a good photo this trip..
Thanks

LL

I was just wondering what your essential picture spots are. Looking back at my own past trips and pictures, I am drawn to certain pictures that just appear photogenic. Obviously I like my avatar picture with Tower & Terror & Grizzly Peak (taken from our room at the Grand Californian).

Other pictures I like are obvious places:
In front of the Mickey Flowers at the Entrance
In front of the Castle
On Board the monorail - and beside it at the station with a long view of the train in the picture.

Some others I like are:
Shooting down the track from the bridge that goes over the starting point of California Screamin'. Directly behind a loaded train that is ready to take off with the track running straight ahead of them.

Pictures of family when we're in the queue for Haunted Mansion. If you get the mansion in the background, it can look really nice.. nice light there.

So - Where are your favorite places to take pictures?

Both where the scenery itself is the focus or perhaps as a backdrop for a portrait or picture of a person.

tod
02-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Disney Gallery balcony as the Mark Twain passes by.
Frontierland gate.
Standing in front of the Monorail.
In the New Orleans Square courtyards.
In front of the fireworks factory by the Stage Door Café.
Across the raft at Grizzly River.

--t

Pat-n-Eil
02-15-2006, 10:42 AM
OK I have to ask- where did you take the photo of grizzly peak from ? my sister would like to get a good photo this trip..
Thanks

LL

My Avatar was taken from our room at the Grand Californian Hotel. We were on the top floor.. I think it was room number 5345 on the 5th floor overlooking the Grizzly River Run.

my2princesses
02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Where would be a good place to get a picture with the Grizzly Peak in the background (besides the GCH)?

Go to the water fall at the grizzly river run. You can get a good picture of the water fall with the grizzly peak right behind it. This spot made for a great family photo. Good Luck!

CariBelle
02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
I've always wanted to get a REALLY good picture of my boyfriend and I in the Courtyard of the Angels, but sadly, my friends aren't very good photographers and the pictures never turn out like I hope they would.

bassett1976
02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
For my pictures, I sometimes feel like I get fixed on an object. For a while I was talking a lot of Matterhorn pictures, Astro Orbiter, Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer's Island...

Other suggestions:

In front of any attraction.

Ride vehicles that they have for the golden 50th celebration

I still like getting pictures with the different characters. The best ones are when they do something silly. I have a great one with my wife and I at TT where Pluto was sitting in the back of one of the cars and Chip or Dale came over and laid over the hood so we could get a picture. Classic!!!

While loading on any attraction, many CMs are glad to take pictures of you in your ride vehicle (we've only asked in HM when we are the last people to board)

I also like the classic photos with the unusual angles. I've taken some pictures of the partners statues from the sides and from behind that have looked really cool. If you got the correct angel you could see Walt saying to Mickey that the Matterhorn is "So big."

I also like to get the lights at night but they are sometimes hard to get/come out.

bassett1976
02-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Wow, how did I post that many times?