PDA

View Full Version : Brunch or dinner at Goofy's?

nvmom
02-08-2006, 10:53 AM
As we continue to debate between a tour & a character meal...
Called and got prices for Goofy's. For those of you who've been there, do you prefer the brunch or the dinner? and why? Thank you.

nvmom

markarkaymat
02-08-2006, 11:05 AM
not sure if this will help but we did brunch there. It was good. there was a good selection of food and we did manage to get quite a few characters to visit us. Goofy's brunch is definitely another stop for us for our upcoming trip.

Pirate Princess
02-08-2006, 11:08 AM
I have only been to brunch, but here is my quick bit of advice:
Depending on what kind of parent you are you may or may not be able to handle brunch at Goofy's.
It is hard to convince your child to eat eggs for breakfast when there is candy, cookies, cake, and other brightly colored desserts sitting right next to the healthy stuff. I am a "healthy" mom. No sweet sugary cereals for breakfast EVER!!! However, I am also "flexible" mom and I recognize we are on vacation. I had no problem with him eating chocolate cake, dirt pudding, etc. for breakfast as long as he got some protein in him so that he wouldn't be hungry in a couple hours or collapse into a sugar coma. I also have a child who doesn't have a huge sweet tooth and virtually never throws a fit. If I said no cake, he would ask one more time then let it go. He wouldn't be the screaming kid in the restaraunt.
So... in summary, know your food preferences and know your child's behavior before you go for breakfast. If you do go try to fit some protein in so your kid won't hit the sugar high and crash in a few hours.

Burnt Toast
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I find Breakfast/Brunch at Goofy's to be entirely overrated and too crowded. Dinner is much better.

Malcon10t
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I find Breakfast/Brunch at Goofy's to be entirely overrated and too crowded. Dinner is much better.My only problem with dinner there is leaving the park. If you do it early enough to get back for Fireworks, then I'd do dinner. Otherwise, my kids (they are older) prefer "brunch".

MsYumiBr
02-08-2006, 12:11 PM
I haven't been to Goofy's for dinner in years. My experience was that it was macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, hot dogs and stuff like that. Kid food. Has it gotten any better?

vicbella2
02-08-2006, 12:28 PM
We've done brunch and dinner and have enjoyed both. The only one in our family who's a big breakfast eater is our son (7), so for our family we enjoyed dinner there better than brunch/brenakfast. They have a wide variety of food of which most I can't remember. There was a roast (could have been prime rib, not sure?), a really good pasta dish, fish, and a ton of other adults entrees. Just like Malcon mentioned, the only real downside of dinner is that you have to leave the park. But if you schedule your priority seating for a weekend, when the park closes later, you can always go back to the park in the evening. I believe the first seating is at 5pm. Be forewarned though, service is sometimes slow at Goofy's Kitchen.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-08-2006, 12:39 PM
I made PS for us for 6pm on Friday night. I figure that will still give us time to get back to the park for fireworks, and if we see BPB near the entrance to DCA, we will have problem getting there on time. Friday will be our late night at the park, so I thought 6pm was good. This will be our first experience with Goofy's kitchen. What are the prices?

nvmom
02-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Prices at Goofy's (I called today.)
Brunch: Adults $27.25 Kids: $14.86
Dinners: Adults $35.92 Kids $14.86

Thanks. Keep the opinions coming!

nvmom

pisces
02-08-2006, 01:43 PM
That's not the price with the AAA discount.

Dinner. Eggs are cheap and don't justify the high prices of omelets at brunch. The grilled pasta and fish at dinner is a bet more festive. It's more romantic and gives me something to look forward to in the evening. I tend to eat a lot, and so a big brunch would kill me for the rest of the day. I'd be rendered out of commission. With dinner, by that time, I've already completed essential activities, violent rides, and all I'm planning to do after a big meal, is just meander and sit for parades. It fits my schedule better.

vicbella2
02-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Don't forget you can get 10% off by showing your aaa card or your APs.

raych30
02-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Dinner was so much better for our family. We are not big breakfast or "brunch" eaters, so dinner was a better option for us. It wasn't as crowded and much more enjoyable than our brunch. Our waiter was fantastic! Which ever you choose, you will have a wonderful time.

Malcon10t
02-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Don't forget you can get 10% off by showing your aaa card or your APs.
15% for PAPs. It does make a difference. You can find a dinner menu at
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/disneylandhotelrestaurants/goofys/goofydinner.html

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-08-2006, 08:40 PM
WOW! I didn't realize it was so pricey. Hmm, going to have to rethink this. Although, if we don't do it now, and do it next time, we will be paying for 4 of us, instead of 2, so...

grooveydisneygirl
02-08-2006, 09:34 PM
We had dinner at Goofy's last Friday night. Not a good experience! Goofy came to our table a couple times. Captain Hook came by once and scared the kids. Mary Poppins, Dale, & Pluto never made it over in the 2 hours we were there. The food was pretty good but, overall, for 2 adults & 2 kids, $93.00 (w/AAA) was not worth it. Next time we will try a breakfast w/Minnie.

gimp_boy76
02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Is lunch just an extension of breakfast? We have meal plan vouchers for lunch so I'm curious

kohl
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Yes, lunch is just like breakfast.

pisces
02-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh, no it is not. They don't have the omelets at dinner, thank goodness. They don't have bread pudding at dinner. Much more extensive desserts at dinner, plus the hand-cut prime rib, soup, and made-to-order grilled pasta.