PDA

View Full Version : AP vs. AAA rate

lionQueen
04-05-2002, 06:12 AM
Last night when I spoke to the Disney Travel Co. I was told the AP rate and the AAA rate are the same. From reading the boards I thought the AP rate would be better. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

socabch
04-05-2002, 10:59 AM
It seems the AP rate would be better if you go several times a year. I don't how much the AAA rate is and what kind of ticket it is (how many days can enter and under what conditions). Could you give a little more detail on the dollar amounts for AAA? There are so many promotions going on it's hard to keep track of all the details.

I have AAA but have never bought a DLR ticket from them because even before I had an AP I could get a better rate through my work.

Dave Z
04-05-2002, 12:02 PM
The term Disney Travel implies that you are trying to buy a package which includes tickets and hotel, among other things.

If you have an AP you just need Hotel. When the DL Hotels run an AP special (Here for the link for APs (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/index)) it can sometimes beat AAA by quite a bit ($99 for DLH through June if space is still available). Any package you buy if you don't have an AP can't touch that.

So, it depends on the time of year if AP specials are going on, other than the usual 10%. Just ask what the AP rate is for the days you are going. Then decide if you want to purchase the AP and hotel separately.

And, at the last minute, Expedia can have good deals on local hotels including the Resort, again, depending on the time of year.

DZ

lionQueen
04-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Sorry I wasn't very clear in my original message. Instead of Disney Travel Co. (although I have talked to them also) I called Disneyland Resort Reservations (714-956-6425) to check on room rates. I asked for a 1 bedroom suite and was given a rate. Then I asked for the AAA rate and was given a discounted rate. Then I asked what the same room would be with an AP rate and was told the AP rate and the AAA rate were the same. Perhaps it's the time of year - we are going in October.
I have considered purchasing an AP instead of the 4 or 5 day tickets to the park to reap the other discount benefits. We are from the Midwest so it is highly unlikely we will be back within a year of purchase so I am still undecided on what to purchase.
Thanks for your information.

Dave Z
04-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Special AP rates come and go, and are much deeper than the 'all the time' 10%. Lucky for you, Oct is a somewhat slow period for DLR so some great deals may become available. All you can do is wait. AP reservations can be made before you buy the pass, BTW. You just have to have the sales receipt or the AP when you check in.

DZ