PDA

View Full Version : Cold/Damp April?

cfrith
02-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I just read on another thread that it is usually cold/damp in April there...I had never heard this before. Now I am getting nervous about our trip end of April. Please tell me what you think. Thanks. :confused:

cfrith
02-08-2006, 09:53 AM
It is 28 degrees here in Michigan right now and I am dreaming of our (hopefully :eek: ) warm vacation to DL the last week of April.

MsYumiBr
02-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Average nights in April is 51 degrees, sweatshirt weather. Don't worry. Highs are in the 70s. It's perfect, even if it may, on an off chance, rain a little.

Malcon10t
02-08-2006, 10:05 AM
I just read on another thread that it is usually cold/damp in April there...I had never heard this before. Now I am getting nervous about our trip end of April. Please tell me what you think. Thanks. :confused:Expect to carry sweatshirts for evening, and rain ponchos just in case. Its been a warm winter so far in CA.

cfrith
02-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Expect to carry sweatshirts for evening, and rain ponchos just in case. Its been a warm winter so far in CA.

It's been a warm winter here in Michigan too, which is sad to say. We get excited when it's above 32 degrees!

MrsG
02-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll say it is warm! It is suppose to hit 91 degrees today!

kimbopotamus
02-08-2006, 12:09 PM
I know, I am not a local or a weather man, but I can lend my experience! I went to DLR at the end of April last year. The first morning of our trip, I woke up at 5am to the most horrific downpour I have EVER seen. By the time we got ready to leave the hotel at 7am, it had slowed to a sprinkle, and by the time we reached the maingates, it was mist. We were there for 5 days and all five I had a light sweatshirt on over a t-shirt and that was perfect! It was about 70-75* the whole time, minus that first scary morning!:eek: Luckily, I am from Oregon and have my 'webbed feet' so if it rains for my yearly trip this month, no biggy!:p

cfrith
02-08-2006, 12:35 PM
This is good info, I hadn't planned on packing many long sleeved shirts, etc. When we were there mid May of 2004 it was perfect shorts and t shirt weather. I wouldn't think end of April would be much different. Thanks!