PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

cfrith
02-08-2006, 09:40 AM
We are getting 5 day hoppers, but might only use 4 of the days. Can I give the left over day to my sister? I can't remember if the tickets will have our names on them or if we have to sign them? We are buying a hotel/ticket package through WDTC. I'd hate to see that day go to waste. Thanks for any info. :)

Darkbeer
02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
We are getting 5 day hoppers, but might only use 4 of the days. Can I give the left over day to my sister? I can't remember if the tickets will have our names on them or if we have to sign them? We are buying a hotel/ticket package through WDTC. I'd hate to see that day go to waste. Thanks for any info. :)

The official rule is NO, the ticket is non-transferable.

As for if your name will be printed on the ticket, I know that Disney is attempting to have names placed on more types of tickets when they are printed. I am not sure if that has carried over to WDTC tickets.

If the tickets are not pre-printed, many CM's will ask you to print your name, and/or sign it.

cfrith
02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
So they might check id to make sure it's your name on the ticket at the gate?

ILovePoker
02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
It doesn't really matter if you have 1 day you didn't use because if you visit 4 days, you still get your money's worth. A 3 day hopper is about 130 right now and a 5 day is about 150 right now. Even if you go for a fourth day, you still aren't losing any money by not going for 5 days.

Malcon10t
02-08-2006, 10:09 AM
So they might check id to make sure it's your name on the ticket at the gate?No, they don't, heck, they rarely even check my pass to see if it is me. Only recently did they make my 17yo son update his picture from when he was 8. Technically, the ticket is yours and it says non transferable.

nvmom
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't remember signing our names or names being printed on the tickets?

nvmom

DangerMouse
02-08-2006, 10:24 AM
The last several times we have used parkhoppers, they have NEVER asked us to sign them.

The benefit to signing them is, that if you should lose it, you may get it back.

Wendi
02-08-2006, 10:24 AM
They asked my brother to sign his park-hopper on his first entry to the parks last week.

Malcon10t
02-08-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't remember signing our names or names being printed on the tickets?

nvmomThere was a time about 6 years ago, they tried getting people to sign tickets, but I haven't seen it in hte last 2 years. Imagine when they are trying to push 400 people a minute thru the gate, asking each for ID. The hand scan may work if they ever start that.

Darkbeer
02-08-2006, 10:32 AM
I have seen many folks have their ID checked when entering the park.

I don't want to say too much, but there is a special prompt that appears in the turnstile display window that tells the CM to check the ID in certain cases, one of which is that the majority of days of a ParkHopper are used, and then the last day is used near the end of the expiration date.