PDA

View Full Version : Preview of our trip plans

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I am SO excited for this upcoming mini vacation with my 4yo DS. I could use a break from the early mornings with my 2yo too. Not that we will be sleeping late, but he DOES get up between 6 and 6:30, so anything past then is sleeping in for me.
We have decided to fly down to Phoenix on the 28th, that gives us an early start on our flight to Orange County on the 1st. Actually I am considering going all the way to SNA, if we cannot find a room cheaper than our rate at HoJo's, on the 28th, and then just getting a good nights sleep and waking for the park on the 1st, but I will check on the room rates in Phoenix, this afternoon. I have family there, but not near the airport, so we will just get a room. Since we fly standby, we are flexible on our travel. I didn't want to lose the entire day on Weds. traveling. As the earliest we would get to SNA would be 2:45pm, even if we left Spokane at 8:15 in the morning, we just miss the earlier connection, by about 20 minutes.
So we will arrive at the room by about 10am on Weds. We will get settled, gather up the stuff we need for a day at the park and head over to DCA. I am thinking that by the time we get lunch, and hit the stuff, DS likes to do there, we should be done by 3, 4 at the latest. Then we will head over to Downtown Disney. I want to look at a few shops there, like the Ann Geddes shop, and World of Disney. We will have dinner at Rainforest. On our way back to HoJos, we will stop in DL and hit a few of his favorites, POTC of course. I want to get back to the room by 7:30, as he is use to going to bed at 8, and I don't want to have him miss his sleep, that is when he gets sick. Up and ready to go on Thursday and heading to DL. I don't anticipate needing to go back over to DCA for the rest of the trip, with the exception of wanting to see BPB, on Friday. We have PS at Blue Bayou, at 11:30 on Thursday, he is SO excited about that. It is funny, a 4yo chosing to eat at Blue instead of Goofy's but that is what he picked. He doesn't know that I made PS for Goofy's on Friday, although I need to move it back to 6:30pm, since we are watching BPB at 5:15. Again we will get back to the room about 7:30. Friday, back to DL again. We will watch POD at 3:15, and BPB at 5:15. Dinner at Goofy's at 6:30, maybe 6pm, and will spend a few minutes looking around at DLH. Plan is to see fireworks at 9:25 Friday night. Depending on how he is doing, we may stay for Fantasmic. Our plan is for an 8am flight on Saturday, so more than likely we will just head back to the hotel after the fireworks. He has seen Fantasmic before, so it won't be a big deal to miss it, although the option is still there to see it.
I would like to take a later flight out on Saturday but our connection back to Spokane doesn't allow us to, there is only 2 flights a day and the 2nd flight puts us home at 11pm, which would be difficult for DH, being that my 2yo would be asleep. Hopefully all the flights will work out ok.

nvmom
02-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Sounds like a great trip! Hope all your connections work out.
I love Spokane by the way. We're from Western Montana originally and used to drive to Spokane for better shopping and sometimes cheaper flights too. :)

nvmom

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Sounds like a great trip! Hope all your connections work out.
I love Spokane by the way. We're from Western Montana originally and used to drive to Spokane for better shopping and sometimes cheaper flights too. :)

nvmom

We just moved here in August, we still have our place in the mountains of Idaho, but I LOVE it. What part of MT? MT is a beautiful state too. Although I cringe when I think about it, that is where DH's ex-wife lives. :p

rentayenta
02-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Your DS will love the Blue Bayou. They give them cute little pirate hats that double as the menu. My 4 y/o DS loved it. He was mesmerized with watching the boats go by. Try to get a water table. When we ate there it was just he and I and we shared the Prime Rib. It was more than enough food and the server brought him tons of chocolates after.

Hakuna Makarla
02-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Sounds wonderful!! And yes Montana cringe!! its to cold to talk about, and to dreay right now to ever think its a very pretty state. I just know you will have one magical time!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Your DS will love the Blue Bayou. They give them cute little pirate hats that double as the menu. My 4 y/o DS loved it. He was mesmerized with watching the boats go by. Try to get a water table. When we ate there it was just he and I and we shared the Prime Rib. It was more than enough food and the server brought him tons of chocolates after.

We have eaten there with both the boys before and although he is a picky eater, he said all he wants is bread, makes it cheaper for me, that is where he wanted to eat, when I asked him if he wanted to eat at Goofy's. A water table is a must. I made PS at 11:30, when they open so I will be sure we get checked in early, so we can get a water table.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Our plans are changing again. This was going to just be a quick trip for DS and I, but now we are going to get there Tuesday night, so we have 3 full days. We were wasting a day on each side, traveling, so we just added a day. We can leave right after he gets out of school on the 28th. YEAH!
I think I will pick up a fake rose to put outside POTC, that sounds like a good idea. It is DS's favorite ride.