PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Help!

Scalper10
02-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Looking for a room real close to the park cause we will have my 3 year old nephew with us. Park Inn and Tropicana are booked.

Any other medium price range Hotels near there you would recommend?

Thanks in Advance!

Burnt Toast
02-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Expedia... Travelocity... HotWire... Hotels.com... hrmn... what else are there? Lots to choose from though.

Sorry, I'm not at liberty to suggest hotels for you because of my job... but I can direct you to the numerous resources that is the world wide web. 8:D

Scalper10
02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Been looking at those sites. Appears our top 2-3 choices are booked end of this month. Mid week non the less.

Burnt Toast
02-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Been looking at those sites. Appears our top 2-3 choices are booked end of this month. Mid week non the less.

Might be a big convention in town... typically January and February are big convention months.

PrincessLeia
02-08-2006, 05:55 AM
I highly recommend Candy Cane Inn. We have stayed their twice in the past few months and had great experiences both times. They are a short walk from the parks and have a great, on time shuttle that makes it easy to go to and fro. If they aren't booked give them a try! Free breakfast and sincerely family friendly. :)

hlbtimes2
02-08-2006, 07:36 AM
What dates are you looking for? Have you tried some of the sites directly rather then just through travel sites?

kisroo
02-08-2006, 07:43 AM
I highly recommend Candy Cane Inn. We have stayed their twice in the past few months and had great experiences both times. They are a short walk from the parks and have a great, on time shuttle that makes it easy to go to and fro. If they aren't booked give them a try! Free breakfast and sincerely family friendly. :)

I agree with PrincessLeia (nice name, by the way!)~Candy Cane Inn is a wonderful place. Great, comfy rooms. Amazing breakfast by the pool. Private shuttle OR an easy 10-15 minute walk (especially with a stroller). Fantastic people working the front desk and housekeeping.

If you need something less expensive (although with the breakfast~it might equal out) you can try the Howard Johnson (HoJo).

Have a fabulous time!!

~kisroo:)

markarkaymat
02-08-2006, 07:49 AM
what about the best western park place inn? I got reservations for $84.10/night (government rate though but AAA rate was $94/nt) in Nov. We stayed at carousel last sept. great price ($60/nt) and all we did was sleep there so it suited (although our sink backed up and it was a little smelly but that was our check out day so no biggie for us).

DianeM
02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-Suites is the closest hotel to the park. It's a nice place to stay, although not as fancy as some others. Here is a link to find out if they have rooms on your scheduled travel date:

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=05470#null

Looking for a room real close to the park cause we will have my 3 year old nephew with us. Park Inn and Tropicana are booked.

Any other medium price range Hotels near there you would recommend?

Thanks in Advance!

littlelisalovesmm
02-08-2006, 07:54 AM
I suggest the Anaheim Fairfield as well (might be less than the Candy Cane Inn). We really enjoyed are stay there and it is 3 hotels down from the Tropicana.

We also recently got a GREAT deal with Hotwire and ended up at the Crowne Plaza. While not across from the gates, they do have a free shuttle service to and from Disneyland.

How about the Carousel Inn. A little older, but we stayed there last June and it was pleasent.

If you do rent from the HOJO, make sure you are not stuck in the building that is right up against the freeway! We ended up checking out of there after 2 nights because it was so loud that I could not sleep.

Malcon10t
02-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Park Vue Inn is decent, Anaheim Desert Inn is good, I avoid the Del Sol inn, Anabella is nice, but pricey. Alpine? Never stayed there, but a few have said it was nice.

FMTX
02-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Park Vue Inn is decent, Anaheim Desert Inn is good, I avoid the Del Sol inn, Anabella is nice, but pricey. Alpine? Never stayed there, but a few have said it was nice.

Ditto the Anaheim Desert Inn. We stayed there in November and the front of the hotel is about 35 feet from the Harbor crosswalk. Not fancy but you get the basics and it is very convenient and we had a suite for 5 of us (family + mother-in-law) so had tons of room at a very affordable price.

Scalper10
02-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks Calling the Candy Cane Inn.

going2disneyAZ
02-15-2006, 11:05 AM
We also recently got a GREAT deal with Hotwire and ended up at the Crowne Plaza. While not across from the gates, they do have a free shuttle service to and from Disneyland.

littlelisa,

how far was the Crowne Plaza, I too am thinking of booking on hotwire and i think i know which bid to take to get it. I have two children 1 and 3 so was hoping it is walkable. is their shuttle service free?

thanks in advance.

Malcon10t
02-15-2006, 11:32 AM
littlelisa,

how far was the Crowne Plaza, I too am thinking of booking on hotwire and i think i know which bid to take to get it. I have two children 1 and 3 so was hoping it is walkable. is their shuttle service free?

thanks in advance.I believe the Crown Plaza is a little over a mile away. They have a $9 a day resort fee, which covers their shuttle, parking, and all sorts of other little fees.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-15-2006, 01:03 PM
We are HoJo fans. The rooms are nice and clean, great staff, well stocked gift shop (for necessities for the room), and it is a short 10 min. walk. Bring a stroller for your nephew.
I recommend calling the hotel directly for the best deals.

CariBelle
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Anyone have experience with the Anaheim Carriage Inn?

Burnt Toast
02-15-2006, 07:40 PM
littlelisa,

thanks in advance.

Crown Plaza is not walkable... it's about five or six LARGE city blocks away. It's in the city of Garden Grove.

Scalper10
02-15-2006, 09:30 PM
My brother decided to spend some extra $ and booked us at the Disneyland Hotel ! Should be nice, first family vacation together since we are all grown up.