PDA

View Full Version : The Grand Resort

tabacco
04-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi all...

I'm still looking for a place to live this summer, and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything either good or bad about an apartment community in Anaheim named The Grand Resort? They have pretty good prices and nice-looking apartments, but I know nothing about the neighborhood and I've never actually seen the place, so I figured I'd see if anyone knew of it.

Thanks!

Uncle Dick
04-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Hi all...

I'm still looking for a place to live this summer, and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything either good or bad about an apartment community in Anaheim named The Grand Resort? They have pretty good prices and nice-looking apartments, but I know nothing about the neighborhood and I've never actually seen the place, so I figured I'd see if anyone knew of it.
I can't say I've ever heard of it, but if you give me the address, I'd be happy to drive by tomorrow and check it out for you.

tabacco
04-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Sure... and I really appreciate it.

http://www.springstreet.com/apartments/fyp/search/brochure/brochure.jhtml?cPointer=0&pid=430997&tc=bname&_DARGS=%2Fapartments%2Ffyp%2Fsearch%2Fspg%2Fspg_ma tchlist_row.jhtml.18_A&_DAV=0

2235 West Broadway Avenue in Anaheim,

Morrigoon
04-04-2002, 11:22 PM
My friend used to live there. It's nice enough. Disney sticks a lot of the college program kids there. I used to live less that 1/4 mile from there. Decent enough spot, really close to In-n-out (ya gotta eat, right?) and the freeway. Basically, it's just off Brookhurst from the 5 and go, oh I'd say about 1 mile south.

tabacco
04-05-2002, 05:46 AM
Sounds good... "Nice enough" is good enough for the likes of me :)

As long as it's not near a Krispy Kreme... that would be awful. I'd end up going in circles around the drive-through :)

justagrrl
04-05-2002, 06:13 AM
Hey - there's a krispy kreme not too far away over at the The Block.

Mmmmmmm....krispy kreme....

I've driven by the apartments many times as we live down the street - sort of - down the street...around the corner and down the street again...

We've got a few apartments available on my street also...South Park Circle off Ball between Euclid and Brookhurst...nice cul-de-sac

You can call if you're interested...

714-808-2977 - 1 br upstairs (I think) - nice manager - has a balcony

714-772-6658 - 1br downstairs - okay manager - much more "strict" especially about noise and whatnot...with a pool though

tabacco
04-05-2002, 10:20 AM
Thanks!

There're 4 of us, though, so we'll probably need 2 bedrooms. Plus it's a short-term rental, and some managers get weird about that :)

Brown Monkey
04-05-2002, 11:05 AM
I know nothing about apartments out in OC, but I just gotta say that you guys are really cool to be helping each other out like this! :)

tabacco
04-05-2002, 01:44 PM
I really agree... I appreciate everyone's help!

BELLEH5
04-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Even though this is not my thread, I found it very helpfull because I plan to move down there by fall. Is there an Applebees resturant any where near there? If so I might transfer! thankx

tabacco
04-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Several, in fact:
http://applebees.know-where.com/applebees/cgi/selection?place=anaheim&state=CA

Uncle Dick
04-05-2002, 07:11 PM
So I drove by this Grand Resort deal on the way to Disneyland today, and it looks like a very nice place, certainly a lot nicer than some of the neighboring properties. The surrounding area is a bit ghetto. The local Taco Bell, located about half a block away, has this nifty bulletproof box thingy installed on the drive through window which essentially prevents any physical contact between the employee and customer. Considering that the Taco Bell located a couple miles south on Katella has no such armaments, I found the set up a little disturbing. Fortunately, the Grand Resort seems to have a sturdy gate around it so I'm sure there won't be any problems from ruffians. Go for it, man!

tabacco
04-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Aye aye! I'm going to call them tomorrow. We had previously gotten the okay from Birchwood Village in Brea, but this was so much closer to the resort I figured it'd be worth a shot.