PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Bucket

zandy
02-07-2006, 05:09 PM
During our trip to Disneyland in the spring our son will turn 7. I've read about ordering a birthday bucket for him but am a little unclear about exactly which restaurants offer this. I also read that at some restaurants they will give the birthday child a complimentary dessert with the meal. We want to have dinner that night at Storytellers so he and his brother can do the make-your-own pizzas. If we order the bucket, can we still get the dessert? I know a little cake comes in the bucket but I've heard mixed reviews on the tastiness of it and I'd rather get something fresh. I don't particularly want to order the bucket at lunch because I don't want to drag it around the park all afternoon.
Thoughts?
Thanks.

momuvseven
02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I would not buy this bucket, terribly overpriced, you have to drag it around with you and your kids will never miss it. Our kids have never even noticed them and we have done the birthday parties several times. Later in the day on the way out of the park let him get a balloon or light up toy for less than half the price.

momuvseven

cpeak
02-07-2006, 07:11 PM
What about the birthday celebration at Plaza Inn? Is that in the afternoon and does it have this b-day bucket thing or is it something different?

Malcon10t
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
During our trip to Disneyland in the spring our son will turn 7. I've read about ordering a birthday bucket for him but am a little unclear about exactly which restaurants offer this. I also read that at some restaurants they will give the birthday child a complimentary dessert with the meal. We want to have dinner that night at Storytellers so he and his brother can do the make-your-own pizzas. If we order the bucket, can we still get the dessert? I know a little cake comes in the bucket but I've heard mixed reviews on the tastiness of it and I'd rather get something fresh. I don't particularly want to order the bucket at lunch because I don't want to drag it around the park all afternoon.
Thoughts?
Thanks.When my daughter turned 16, we had a huge part at Disneyland. I had a gentleman in Guest services help me plan it. One thing I made sure of was she got a bucket. She had a blast with it (feeling like a little kid.) She got it at dinner (ABC Bistro) and she was older, so that was differnt. (She still has it in her rom in her birthday shrine, with her birthday hat, ears, Mickey Birthday, and pics. She is 19 now.)

This doesn't help you at all! The bucket isn't bad. DON"T spend the extra money for the birthday bag at Goofy's, SOOOOO not worth it!!

SoCalDude
02-07-2006, 11:17 PM
We got the bucket for my daughter for her last birthday. I do not feel it was worth it and will not be getting any more buckets in the future.

infinite
02-08-2006, 11:13 AM
We ordered a bucket through room service, I don’t remember the cost. My son really enjoyed it, it was a very moist yellow cake with a yummy raspberry filling and alight white icing, yes he let me try some. I also included an alien toy (buzz light-year bucket), stickers, a pin…there might have been other things I do not recall. He also enjoyed the treat bag a Goofy’s.

Every restaurant brought him some sort of special desert and sang to him. At blue bayou it was Mickey-shaped Jell-O with a candle and whipped cream (they get eat Jell-o anyway, but the candle was nice). At Goofy’s it was a chocolate cupcake with sprinkles and a candle. I can’t remember what he received elsewhere. Mostly cupcakes, I think.

I asked my son, and he says he really likes the bucket. He uses it now to carry art supplies in when we go out. He would have preferred the sorcerer Mickey bucket, but they were out.

zandy
02-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm still not sure what to do, but it sounds like we can still get a birthday dessert at our meals regardless. I'm still wondering which restaurants exactly offer the bucket. Is it just the ones classified as "sit-down"?

BQ2
02-11-2006, 05:39 AM
You can buy a B-Day bucket from the B-Day cart right outside of the plazza inn. Lots of B-day goodies there. Our son still uses his bucket in the sand box here. Good Times!!