PDA

View Full Version : Who else wears "ears"?

PrincessLeia
02-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I absolutely have to have ears or a disney "hat" of some sort during my DL visits. At xmas I had the gold sequin Minnie ears, and on my visit last week I went for the traditional, name embroidered black "mouseketeer ears". I think they make the experience that much more magical, and I even think that the CMs and characters like to see adults acting like "kids" (or maybe they just laugh at me...whatever! ;)

how do you get "in character" during your visits??

tod
02-07-2006, 04:49 PM

"Get in character"?

I don't know about you, but I don't "get in character." Disneyland is part of my life, and I've been going there for 50 years. Sometimes I wear a hat, most of the time I don't. I used to "dress up," making sure I was in a sport shirt and slacks, but now I'm okay with jeans. No T-shirts though.

The great thing about Disneyland is that everybody is there to have fun, no matter how they choose to participate. from the little 2-year-old girls in their Snow White dresses to the grandfathers wearing gold ears.

Whatever works for you, do it. Every guest is a VIP, and we're all welcome.

--t

cfrith
02-07-2006, 05:15 PM
"Get in character"?

Disneyland is part of my life, and I've been going there for 50 years.

--t

tod, so you went the first year it opened? How cool! How old were you?

TTFN92
02-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I finally got the sequined Minnie ears last month. I've always wanted to wear something, but with my hair is, the mouse ears just won't stay on. I had never wanted to buy the headbands because I always thought that they would give me a headache, but when we were there in Sept. I bought the glowing ones and didn't get a headache, so thought I'd go for it. I'll be taking them back in March (gotta get my moneys worth). I think it is fun to wear them. Just remember, when you are on Calif. Screamin', don't put them back on until the restraint pops up and you get out. If you put them on before that, they'll come off your head and land on the track. NOT a good thing.

BalooNumberTwo
02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
On our trip last october i had my ears on the whole time.....

One of the cast members came up to me and made the comment,

"hey my boss has ears like that!"

I wore them all the way home on the plane, and everyone knew what i was all about and that when it came to disney i was all about having fun.

I am 25 yrs old...i get in to character by letting my bills, my problems and worries stay at home....and disneyland is all about being a kid...so thats what i do...

I Heart Disneyland!
02-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I absolutely have to have ears or a disney "hat" of some sort during my DL visits.

I have a collection of ears. Yes, I am a dork. I don't wear them, I just have them on a book case in my office! :)

mi_mous
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I have a collection of ears. Yes, I am a dork. I don't wear them, I just have them on a book case in my office! :)

Me too!! We can be dorks together (staying at home picking our noses, and our kids noses too for that matter! :D )

I bought some of those Minnie ears with the veil (colored one) for my daughter, and I ended up wearing them most of the day/night, until she wanted to wear the "Princess" ears. It was fun, and I got comments from the CM's, I can't remember right now what they said, but I do remember them saying something.

StyledSugar
02-07-2006, 10:46 PM
How much are the mouse ears now? I remember my parents buying them for my brother and I when we were kids but I haven't been to DL for so many years that I have no idea how much they would be now. We're leaving in a week and a half and the mouse ears are definately on my list of stuff to buy the kids.

SandraVB79
02-08-2006, 12:18 AM
I wear Minnie ears every time I go, I feel "naked" without my ears in Disneyland (if only I could work them on all the other days of the year too...)

I also have a red dress with white dots, and in 2000 and 2002 I wore that dress while being at Disneyland, and Minnie Mouse came over to me to have a hug (now that touched me!!!!!!!)
Sadly, I have to loose some weight before I'll fit in the dress again.
I don't think I have currently a picture online of the dress, but I have two pictures of me with my ears during my last visit:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36...9/DSC00444.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36...9/DSC00453.jpg

Oh, and when I go to DLP, I put on my ears as soon as I board the Thalys (train between Brussels and DLP)...
I bought my ears in 1998 (I only have one pair) and the first time I came back from the US with my ears, I had them on my head in the plane too...

Oh well :rolleyes:

geoffa
02-08-2006, 01:04 AM
I absolutely have to have ears or a disney "hat" of some sort during my DL visits. At xmas I had the gold sequin Minnie ears, and on my visit last week I went for the traditional, name embroidered black "mouseketeer ears". I think they make the experience that much more magical, and I even think that the CMs and characters like to see adults acting like "kids" (or maybe they just laugh at me...whatever! ;)

I'm 55 years old and my pride and joy is the Fantasmic - Mickey's sorcerer hat (with ears) that lights up with moons and stars. Just try stopping me wearing it at Fantasmic! As for getting in character - my character is as a guest of the Happiest Place on Earth.

Growing old is obligatory. Growing up is optional! :)

FMTX
02-08-2006, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=geoffa]I'm 55 years old and my pride and joy is the Fantasmic - Mickey's sorcerer hat (with ears) that lights up with moons and stars. Just try stopping me wearing it at Fantasmic! As for getting in character - my character is as a guest of the Happiest Place on Earth.

Ditto that. My son got that very hat as a present, but I wear it at the parks more than he does. He gets tire of it and I wear it the rest of the time. It just gets you in the right frame of mind.

Mickey Mojo
02-08-2006, 06:37 AM
I had to get ears the last time we went (in january). I had NEVER owned a pair before, so it was a definite must do. I'm sure I looked slightly dorky, but I didn't care I was having fun! Oh yeah and my 5 year old daughter thought my ears were "cool"! :)

hippiemama
02-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Minnie headband ears here. I am in them in almost every pic of us in Disney:)

nvmom
02-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Dh and I didn't buy any ears on our first trip to DLR last March. Our girls got the pink ears and our son had a pair that were a gift prior to the trip. Dh and I were just laughing as we look forward to the next trip. Our oldest dd wore the ears the entire trip, I swear! It was very fun! We were joking that she'll probably put the ears on the moment we leave the drive way to drive to the airport (it's 2.5 hrs to the airport for us.)

nvmom

MsYumiBr
02-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Is it fair that only the kids wear the ears? We all got ears with our names embroidered on them (fancy kind) and the red bow with flowers. I wore mine on top of my hat (fear of sunburn).

Vegitabeta
02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
I bought ears for the first time in 2004, before that I couldn't figure out how they stayed on your head!

tod
02-08-2006, 08:43 AM
tod, so you went the first year it opened? How cool! How old were you?

I was three. My mother would take my two-year-old brother and me over just to hang out in the afternoons. It cost her a buck, and we got in free.

One of my earliest memories is strutting down Main Street with my Davy Crockett sweatshirt on like I owned the world. I also remember riding the Rocket Jets when I was about five -- My mother got in one jet with my toddler brother, but I was too young to ride by myself, so the CM loader jumped in and rode with me. I told him what we were doing all the way through: "Now we're going up."

--t

littlelisalovesmm
02-08-2006, 08:58 AM
My daughter always has to have ears when we go. This time, we will be getting the golden anniversary ears first thing and we shall wear them together.

cfrith
02-08-2006, 09:27 AM
I bought ears for the first time in 2004, before that I couldn't figure out how they stayed on your head!

How do you get them to stay on?

PrincessLeia
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I use bobby pins! 4-6 will anchor the ears to your head for the day, including surviving SM, BTMR, Indy, etc!

kimbopotamus
02-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Last year I got 'into character' by only wearing Disney character T-shirts for about a week before my trip and during!
Before our trip this month, I put Disney ringtones and screensavers on my cell and Disney music in my CD player. I put up our last year's pictures on my computer desktop background. I visit the Disney store at least once a week! Of course, this is all in the spirit of getting into that Disney mindset!:fez: