PDA

View Full Version : We're really going! Need opinion

nvmom
02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
It's official. Ok, we're really going to DLR Mar 2-5. Booked the tickets on Aloha Airlines today... got a two room suite at the Park Inn... buying park hoppers from GAT tomorrow morning.

It will be: myself, dh, dd age 11, dd age 8, ds age 3.5 and our niece age 13. This my family's second trip to DLR and our niece's first trip. We had such a blast last March and are so excited to see things like parades & fireworks that weren't happening our last trip.

So, last decision... a character meal or the Discover the Magic Tour?? Dh wants the tour. We did the Princess Breakfast last trip. Any opinions? (If a tour is available for our dates, haven't checked yet?) Thanks! OH, and hoping my Disney Visa arrives before we leave. :)

nvmom

Malcon10t
02-07-2006, 04:19 PM
So, last decision... a character meal or the Discover the Magic Tour?? Dh wants the tour. We did the Princess Breakfast last trip. Any opinions? (If a tour is available for our dates, haven't checked yet?) Thanks! OH, and hoping my Disney Visa arrives before we leave. :)

nvmom
Honestly, with the 2 younger kids, they would probably enjoy Goofy's more. The tour is supposed to be great (haven't done it, but have done Walts) and I don't think I would pay the tour prices for the 2 younger ones.

SeansMom
02-07-2006, 05:22 PM
I, too, believe the kids would prefer the meal to the tour. Ours have always really enjoyed the character interaction.

vicbella2
02-07-2006, 05:36 PM
My kids (will be 5 and 8) love character meal. They associate going to disneyland with definitely having one character meal during our stay. If your kids have never done a character meal before I'd say do that. If they have, then maybe you should try something different, book the tour. We've heard good reviews about it. We've not done the Discover the Magic tour but are going to book it for our next trip next month (48 days to go). The tour sounds rather entertaining and it sounds like there will be more personal one on one interaction with characters.