PDA

View Full Version : Concierge - yes or no?

heidiwhr
02-07-2006, 05:08 AM
We are planning on staying at the Grand Californian for our upcoming trip. We will have a 4 1/2 y/o and a 2 months old besides hubby and myself. Is concierge worth the added price? I know it can save on meals, snacks and drinks, but I'm not sure it would otherwise be worth it for us. Any opinions? Thanks!

stan4d_steph
02-07-2006, 05:28 AM
You might want to check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=49350&highlight=concierge) for some responses.

janell
02-07-2006, 06:00 AM
If you are going to be going back to your room, different times of the day. It may be worth it. They have stuff like bagles and breads, fruit out in the morning. Sometime around 3:00pm, they have fruit, scones, and cheeses out. Then about 5:00pm they have some small sandwhiches, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches (I forget what else). Then about 8:00pm they have cookies out. There is always bottled water, coke, diet coke, and sprit avalible. I go the same time each year, so the menu may change, you could always ask when you call.

I know in the louge, you can get board games, DVDs, and there is story time at night for the kids. (they can come in there PJs and listen to a story).

I guess it just depends on when you think you would be going back to your room and could you pick up a snack here and there to save money in the park.

Oh and a side note, I have heard, haven't tried yet, that the snake bar in the GCH has great breakfast burritos.

Have a great trip.:)

kohl
02-07-2006, 06:58 AM
I have a question on the price for concierge. I have heard that depending on which hotle you stay at, there is between $100-$150 a day added on to your room. So if you get a special AP rate for around $89 a night at PP, do they add on $100 a day? Everytime I call to ask about the concierge with an AP rate, they alwasy quote me AT LEAST $300 a night. I'm just not sure if the rooms aren't discounted with the AP rates for concierge.

02-07-2006, 07:18 AM
. Is concierge worth the added price? I know it can save on meals, snacks and drinks, but I'm not sure it would otherwise be worth it for us.

It depends how much the extra money means to you.

It also depends on how much the extra convenience means to you.

hlbtimes2
02-07-2006, 07:56 AM
If you are looking at "worth" strictly in terms of $$ saved, then NO, you wont find it worth it. If you like to have a little extra pampering, convience of the breakfast, snacks and drinks, turn down service, staff to help you book PS for meals, express check in, then yes its worth it.

We have done it once at PP. For us it was worth it because my choice of rooms was limited when I booked. DLH was full. Regular rooms at PP were full. I had a choice for the same price between staying at PP conc. or GC without. We went with PP knowing it would save us money on breakfast and drinks during our trip.