PDA

View Full Version : DCA When to go

barely
02-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Of Saturday or Sunday in September which would be the less crowded to go to DCA (We'll be first-timers there)?

potzbie
02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
DCA is not crowded 365 days of the year.

MousePlanet regulars have only mentioned one or two events which caused an unusual grouping of people in DCA.
(What was the event? Halloween? X-Games?)

There was a line for TOWER OF TERROR when it opened. But the rest of the park was just as light as "normal."

Hakuna Makarla
02-06-2006, 06:30 PM
we went in August and had 2 hour wait times in DCA, for most rides. Also our soaring ride fast pass was for hours later. When I went in April of last year we waited 1 hour for tot, so I think DCA holds its own. Some days lighter some days not so light.

stan4d_steph
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Of Saturday or Sunday in September which would be the less crowded to go to DCA (We'll be first-timers there)?As long as it isn't over Labor Day weekend, you should be okay. Just use FastPass to your advantage. Now that Monsters, Inc. is open, that will help spread out some of the crowds.

Saturdays are blocked out for some APs, so it might be less crowded on that day versus Sunday, but it's a toss up really. Have a great time. :)

findin mickeys
02-06-2006, 07:40 PM
My family and I usually head over to DCA around 11:00 or 12:00, when DL is getting full. We can usually walk onto everything (other than Soarin and in the summer GRR, but we fast pass those).

It is great and I think you will have a good time there. Remember though, it is a lot more different than DL, but it is great in its own way. The rides are fun and you can basically walk onto everything.

Have fun, I am sure your family will enjoy DCA.