PDA

View Full Version : Rain Ponchos

meandthree
02-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know what a rain poncho costs at Disneyland? I was thinking about buying rain jackets at Disneyshopping.com but thought if the ponchos are cheaper I would just wait and see if it rains.

Maleficent Fan
02-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I believe the adult ones are $7.00 when it rains. I think like a dollar cheaper when it is not raining. Hope that helps!

meandthree
02-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Yes that definitely helps I was about to pay $14.99 for the kids raincoats and $19 for the adults. We will just wait and see what happens.

nvmom
02-06-2006, 03:36 PM
We bought very cheap rain ponchos from a Dollar Store and just kept them in our backpack in case of rain. We never used them last trip, so they'll carry over for this trip.

nvmom

Malcon10t
02-06-2006, 03:48 PM
We bought very cheap rain ponchos from a Dollar Store and just kept them in our backpack in case of rain. We never used them last trip, so they'll carry over for this trip.

nvmom
We get the WalMart ones for $3, and they look just like the DLR ones, except they dont say Disneyland on them. I figure to save $4 x 7 people and a dog, its worth it.

Shinku
02-06-2006, 06:00 PM
I figure to save $4 x 7 people and a dog, its worth it.

Dogs need rain ponchos? :confused:

josephfive
02-06-2006, 06:53 PM
When we were there in early Jan, the ponchos were $7 adult and $6 kids.
I think the Walmart ones are just as good and they are so tiny and flat that it wouldn't be any big deal to carry them around in your bag. If it does start sprinkling at Disneyland, the ponchos go fast, so don't think twice about it if you need one.

findin mickeys
02-06-2006, 08:03 PM
The Walmart ones are definately cheaper, but there is something about having that smiling Mickey on your back.........

One of the funniest things you will see is when you are at DL on a rainy day and everywhere you look are yellow o blue Mickey ponchos.

Malcon10t
02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Dogs need rain ponchos? :confused:
Yes, our pup wears a poncho in the rain, otherwise if he gets soaked, people dont like him coming into restaurants/rooms/rides/shows as well. And he gets a lot of looks and we hear a lot of "Oh, look at the dog with the poncho!!"

meandthree
02-07-2006, 07:49 AM
I think that I will go check out the one's at Walmart. Sounds like a great deal. Last year I bought the ones from the Dollar Store for our WDW trip and it started pouring. We quickly put them on and I was feeling so proud of myself for the good deal that I had gotten. Wellllll my husbands rain poncho was not put together right and he had to walk around with half of his face covered in plastic. Woopsie! Oh well he didn't get wet!

Malcon10t
02-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Dogs need rain ponchos? :confused:Hopefully this works, and you would see a pic of our pup in his poncho I think in a store in Frontierland.

meandthree
02-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Malcon10T that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I wish my Golden was half that good. Thanks so much for sharing!

Shinku
02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh my goodness! What a sweetheart! I didn't realize you had a service dog, I thought you meant like taking your dog to the kennel at Disneyland (which is why I couldn't figure out why a dog would need a poncho to be in the kennel all day).

Tinkermommy
02-07-2006, 05:48 PM
I may be in the minority, but I find the Disneyland ponchos to be very uncomfortable. I'd go for the rain jacket, if it has sleeves and a hood. Just my opinion!

Malcon10t
02-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh my goodness! What a sweetheart! I didn't realize you had a service dog, I thought you meant like taking your dog to the kennel at Disneyland (which is why I couldn't figure out why a dog would need a poncho to be in the kennel all day).

and meandthree Malcon10T that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I wish my Golden was half that good. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks, we raise pups to be service dogs, and Disneyland is an EXCELLENT training area. The one in the poncho is the second one we raised, and is currently in advanced training to be placed with someone in a wheelchair. Number 3 is in the avatar, he was 10 weeks old when we took him to Disneyland at Christmas. We didn't expect to have him so early, so took him in a baby sling. He will be going in April. The little one is 3/4 lab and 1/4 golden. We will need a new poncho if it rains in April. The first time we had to put a poncho on a dog, we weren't prepared, and ended up in the Star Command pin trader, and the sales person there got scissors out and helped us cut one to fit. By the time we had it all set, it stopped raining! But we got to meet Push up close and personal!!!!

cfrith
02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Hopefully this works, and you would see a pic of our pup in his poncho I think in a store in Frontierland.

That picture is making me want a puppy!!! Soooo cute!

disneyjunkie
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
My daughters had the rainy opportunity for the rain ponchos at DL and being the sweeties that they are brought them home to me as a souviner , well we recently had floods with hellacious rains and my hubby was the only guy out there sandbagging in a Disneyland poncho!

meandthree
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Malcon10t how do you ever give them up once they are trained? Every time I see a service dog I am so amazed. They really are something aren't they? Our Golden is not very well trained but is the love of our lives. So devoted and faithful our guy is.

Malcon10t
02-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Malcon10t how do you ever give them up once they are trained? Every time I see a service dog I am so amazed. They really are something aren't they? Our Golden is not very well trained but is the love of our lives. So devoted and faithful our guy is.
It isn't easy, but we went into it with our eyes open. Its just like fostering kids. You give them all your love, and know that you will be giving them back. We know in our case, they will always be going to excellent homes. They are needed and will be loved. It was so hard to turn in the first one we raised. But 6 months later, we went to her graduation and watched her with her life partner. Now, this 28yo woman in a wheelchair is aided by our first pup and they are in love with each other. Due to her disability, her family was never comfortable leaving her home alone, but with the service dog, who can retrieve the phone, turn lights on and off, retrieve things from the floor, and even gets her soda from the fridge, her family feels comfortable with her being on her own if they need to leave. And when we visit, the dog remembers us and we enjoy visiting.

For us, we feel like we are contributing to something. We enjoy travelling and I never felt right having to board our dogs when we would go to Disneyland for 10 days. This way is nice cause we can take them with us. We always pick up a new pup before turning the older one in. Gives us a chance to have a furball to cry into. We have people who are raising their 20th dog, and they still cry at turn in.

meandthree
02-09-2006, 06:04 AM
You guys are great. I too hate to board our guy but he is so big and loves to give everyone the big hello that no one ever jumps up and offers to keep him. Oh well he is back to the vet for 7 days in March for our trip to Disneyland.