PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Souvenir Video ?

bhall
04-04-2002, 10:55 AM
I know at Disney World you could once buy a Disney produced video of the park. I've looked everywhere for one from Disneyland. I've tried Disney, this site, eBay, and I'm beginning to think you can't get a copy. Does anyone know where I can find one? I'm especially looking for one with footage from the Indiana Jones ride.

Thanks.

Uncle Dick
04-04-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bhall
I know at Disney World you could once buy a Disney produced video of the park. I've looked everywhere for one from Disneyland. I've tried Disney, this site, eBay, and I'm beginning to think you can't get a copy. Does anyone know where I can find one? I'm especially looking for one with footage from the Indiana Jones ride.

Thanks.
There's a new one that's been released on video and DVD and in available in many places around the resort, including the 20th Century Music Shop and Off the Page. Reviews have been mixed (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4749) to put it mildly.

80S ERA
04-04-2002, 12:35 PM
I received a free one when I called the Disney Travel Co. I don't know if they still do this when you are interested in a hotel/park package.

Also, do they have an Indy Ride there? I always knew they had a stunt show, but no Indy Ride. :confused:

Maybe someone could confirm?

mad4mky
04-04-2002, 03:22 PM
They used to sell a video called "A Day at Disneyland". Gosh, we loved it. We would watch it over and over and had a ball repeating what they say on the video. We would come back from DL...put it in and watch it so we could remember what we saw...and we would watch it before we went on the next trip down to anticipate what fun we were going to have...
But...it's now very dated. No Indiana Jones on it...or some other things. But, they did show Fantasmic on it...loved it

We've all grown tired of it now though. I'll ask the kids if they want to watch...they all say no. :( I'd like to watch it once and again with them...but they've out grown it.:(

But...it is a fun video to watch. And it was a great souvenir to take home from the park.:)

stinkerbell
04-04-2002, 11:41 PM
Oooh, Day at Disneyland! I just got it on ebay a few weeks ago. Great video from the early 90's. Even had the PeopleMover, the submarines and the Skybuckets......ah those were the days. Cassidy (almost four years old) likes to watch it and show us everything that's "wrong" on the video, like all of Tomorrowland, the gun shooting on the Jungle Cruise.......:), the Treehouse, etc. It's so funny! I've heard that the newer souvenir videos are pretty "dry" and uninteresting. I thought I saw them for sale on disney.com before.

bhall
04-05-2002, 08:35 AM
I've looked at Disney.com and struck out. Does anyone know if I can get this on-line or by mail order ? It doesn't sound like it is too popular with the people on this board, but I would still like a copy of the DVD. I'm in Tennessee with a 2 month old, so there won't be any trips to California in my near future. Is the new version also called "A Day at Disneyland"? This might help me in my search. Thanks for any info.

downingfamily1
04-05-2002, 08:44 AM
The new video is called Disneyland Resort presents The Disneyland Resort Video Guide. It is 30 minutes long and gives a brief overview of Disneyland, DCA, the Disney Hotels and Downtown Disney. It is not as in depth as the Day at Disneyland which is about that long and concentrates on Disneyland. My kids like to watch it.

I got mine at the park so I'm not sure if you can get it online or by mail order. Have you checked the shopping section of this site?
Hope this helps a little.