PDA

View Full Version : Rancho del Zocalo review

Andrew
02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
In our quickie visit last weekend, we had dinner at Zocalo on Saturday night. My review is here: http://www.project-insomnia.com/pirr/2006/02/rancho-del-zocalo.html

Short version: Disappointed with the latest iteration of the menu. Will likely wait to go back until it changes again.

Phantom2006
02-06-2006, 10:24 AM
I miss the old menu, the new one sucks.

mcow1
02-06-2006, 12:27 PM
My wife and I tried it on Saturday. And, while my carne asada was not burned it was not great, no gristle at least. The red enchiladas were not bad though, not a whole lot of flavor but not bad. And four enchiladas for $8.99 not a bad deal. The "hot" hot sauce tasted a lot more like ketchup than hot sauce and was not good. On the plus side the "tres leches" cake was pretty good. I won't be hurrying back until they make some changes to the menu either.

Opus1guy
02-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Short version: Disappointed with the latest iteration of the menu. Will likely wait to go back until it changes again.

You know...that's how the menu just looks to me now. Disappointing.

I used to love going there to dine (especially the BBQ), but now when I go in and read the new menu...I just walk away. Nothing there that even interests me. And I certainly love Mexican food.

So...I've yet to dine with the new menu.

Wonder how business has changed with the new offerings?

Alex S.
02-06-2006, 04:43 PM
I didn't much like what was there before and am not inspired by the new menu either. I was suprised that the burrito actually had some heat to it, though.

nightdesigns
02-06-2006, 05:58 PM
My wife and I went not that long after they changed the menu. I found the food to be bland. The carne asada was very disappointing and had little to no seasoning. Wife had the chicken and it was bland too. Portions seemed to be smaller.

Really disappointed because we ended up there for the first time at the fall Mouse Adventure and really enjoyed the food as we worked through our packet.

TTFN92
02-06-2006, 08:53 PM
I miss the old menu, the new one sucks.

I have to agree. I loved going to that restaurant, it was great for kids. The only thing that looked o.k. to eat was the steak tacos and they were a little spicy for me. Nothing else would have been good for my kids either. I guess we won't be going back there.

Wendi
02-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Couldn't agree with you more... in fact, here's my clipped review from my trip report last week:

We had lunch at Rancho del Zocalo... what a disappointment. I'm sad that they've changed the entire menu yet again. I really liked their shrimp plate! Max and I shared the cheese enchilada platter... I seriously could not saw through the bottom of two of the enchiladas with the serrated knife - they were so hard! The sauce was just OK, definitely not a restaurant I'll look forward to anymore, but the portions are still huge. The platter had FOUR enchiladas, beans, rice, and the lettuce/s cream/salsa/guac... would be a good deal if the food was better.

Alex S.
02-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Just a reminder, if you have strong opinions (or even mild ones) help your fellow trip planners out by making a submission to our Reviews System.

Here is the page for Rancho del Zocalo:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/submit.cgi?product-sku=dlranchodelzocalo