PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland first timer

crrees
02-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Welp, being the spontaneous boyfriend that I am, i decided to blurt out..."Hey, space mountain was redone at DL..maybe we should head over there soon"...my girlfriend soaked it up and within five minutes she was planning the trip. Anyway to the point...

I am planning on heading to DL and probobly flying in at nighttime (from Ft. Lauderdale or Ft Myers) from the 8-12 leaving on the 12, buying 3 day park hoppers for the both of us and spending time at the hotel and downtown disney for a day, and hoping to stay at the DLH or the DP. My girlfriend is against the concierge, but I was looking into it, we use concierge service sometimes at WDW. But we are probably not going to get it. I was thinking $100-$150/day for food (I like to eat at table service), and maybe travel to san jose the last day by train for a few days with my family that lives in Cal. I generally said this trip was going to be close to $3000 total. Is that a reasonable guess? am I aiming high? low? right on? I am from Florida and my girlfriend and i are AP holders at WDW and use it REGUARLY (twice a month..in fact we are going next week for the day for exp. everest, and next month for a weekend) SO i have a pretty good idea on food expenses. I think ill like it at DL, new atmosphere, same rides but small additions/subtractions, different shows...i am excited

crrees

FMTX
02-06-2006, 08:54 AM
You will love it and definitely stay on properly if you can afford it. Being a WDW regular you will be blown away by the convenience of having everything right there. Don't get hung up on comparing the parks and just enjoy being at Walt's original. Others on this site can speak better around the costs. Also find Darkbeer's write-up on fastpasses. We found a fastpass strategy is more valuable for DL than WDW. Book through AAA if you are a member for Enhanced fastpass.

FMTX
02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Thought someone else would chime in on costs. I think your food cost is good. Definitely get PS for Blue Bayou - lunch is cheaper but basically the same meals. As far as the rest of the cost I am not sure. You will not need a full day for Downtown Disney and the Hotel as it is a lot smaller than WDW and not as much to do so I would suggest a 4 day pass. If you stay at the DLH you will walk through Downtown Disney on your way to the parks if you do not take the monorail, if it is open when you are planning on going. Again I think you will be blown away with the convenience of having everything right there.

Terri
02-08-2006, 11:13 AM
My average travel is for a party of 3 (2 adults, 1 pre-teen) and without food and toys, we spend about $3000 in travel and hotel (and a 5 day pass) for roughly 8 days. Then, I calculate another $150 per day for food, etc and there you have it. That's traveling from Alaska. It looks like train fares start at $90 and go up from there. So let's see...per the disney travel site, it looks like the resort is booked up for March 8-12...you could always call them though and see. Hotels are in the $700 average area (give or take) around the resort for 4 nights. Airfare...??? I'd assume an average of $400 (remember I'm thinking from Alaska, it's probably lower for florida to california). So...that's about $2500 not counting food in San Jose or car rental/bus to the resort. $3000 sounds good to me!:rolleyes: