PDA

View Full Version : Canoes

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Are these seasonal? My 4yo loves them. Just wondering if anyone had any information about the dates they are open? We will be there March 1-4. TIA!

Malcon10t
02-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Are these seasonal? My 4yo loves them. Just wondering if anyone had any information about the dates they are open? We will be there March 1-4. TIA!
They were open at Christmas. I think they are daily, but they do close before dusk.

yellowrosedtxn
02-06-2006, 07:19 AM
From what I understand, it is a seasonal thing. Let me explain. Last year we went to DLR on the 22nd of June. During that week, they were not open, but that weekend they were opened every day. So, I think (and it is a big THINK) they would be open during the weekend but not during the week.

But that is my educational offer. Hope it helps.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks. Depending on what time our flight home is, we travel standby, we may be able to pop over to the park for a few hours and ride them, if they are not open the other days we are there.

hlbtimes2
02-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Its on one of those attractions that really seems to be based on attendance. If the park is busy they open them, if it is slow they dont. But, that is just an assumption based on what I've seen.

FMTX
02-06-2006, 08:58 AM
I think it also depends on time of year. We were there Saturday-Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving last year and they were not open any days we were there - weekends nor weekdays. The Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving were very busy days but they were not open than either.

cindyland
02-06-2006, 01:30 PM
This is the one ride we have never been on! We usually don't notice it's open until the line is huge since it doesn't open until noontime when it does open.

Any predictions on whether it will be open during the week for Spring Break?:confused:

cstephens
02-06-2006, 01:41 PM
For what it's worth, the canoes were running yesterday (Sunday).

emmah
02-06-2006, 03:00 PM
when i was there last year (29 nov - dec 5) the canoes opened around lunchtime til dusk, friday - sun. the line looked long but took only 5 minutes.