PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day antenna topper

cstephens
02-05-2006, 09:29 PM
For those interested in this sort of thing, they've released a new St. Patrick's Day antenna topper (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/pogtopper.jpg) at the DLR.

TowerofTerror
02-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow very cool. Did they release a Valentine`s one too ?

blewellen
02-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I want the one from last year. I really liked it. It was black with the springy antennas of clovers. I liked it so much I kept it on my car after St. Patricks Day.. Bad choice! Someone swiped it from my car in the parking structure, grr.

cstephens
02-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow very cool. Did they release a Valentine`s one too ?

Yep, that one's been out since at least New Year's Eve (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DL123105/ny2006-019.jpg).

stan4d_steph
02-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Luckily I still have my leprechaun Mickey. That thing looks like some sort of freaky creature with gold brains.

mcow1
02-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Yep, that one's been out since at least New Year's Eve (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DL123105/ny2006-019.jpg).
I've been looking and I haven't seen that one. Maybe it's already gone.

stan4d_steph
02-06-2006, 07:45 AM
I've been looking and I haven't seen that one. Maybe it's already gone.They still had some at the NYC World of Disney when I went down on Jan. 28. Did you look at WoD?

mcow1
02-06-2006, 09:19 AM
They still had some at the NYC World of Disney when I went down on Jan. 28. Did you look at WoD?
Yep, on Saturday.

stan4d_steph
02-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Yep, on Saturday.Bummer. :( If you don't find it at the park, you might order it from MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=7470).

Disneynerd
02-06-2006, 09:56 AM
I ordered all my fabulous holiday antenna toppers from Mouseshoppe. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas - all so cute! Then I got my new car and anxiously awaited it's arrival so I could adorn it with the appropriate antenna topper for the season. Turns out, Pacificas don't have antennas:( ! When the lease is up in 50 billion years, I'll be sure to get a car WITH an antenna. Just thought I'd share.

olegc
02-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Luckily I still have my leprechaun Mickey. That thing looks like some sort of freaky creature with gold brains.

I can imagine one speedy trip through brush or low trees, or heavy rain, and those "handles" will come right off...

I guess they will do anything to put Gold in the mix ;-)

keschy
02-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I ordered all my fabulous holiday antenna toppers from Mouseshoppe. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas - all so cute! Then I got my new car and anxiously awaited it's arrival so I could adorn it with the appropriate antenna topper for the season. Turns out, Pacificas don't have antennas:( ! When the lease is up in 50 billion years, I'll be sure to get a car WITH an antenna. Just thought I'd share.

The same thing happened to me! I was looking forward to that more than having my new car LOL. I put mine in the back seat, on the little clothes hook. I put a string through it and hung it up. I also taped it so it won't fall when people are getting in and out of the back seat.

cstephens
02-06-2006, 01:25 PM
I like the new topper, but I probably would have gone a different way. I looked for a hidden Mickey among the gold coins but didn't find any. The ears on the pot are a little weird - what pot has ears? I probably would have left the ears off but made the coins inside the pot of gold be Mickey-shaped coins.

MrsG
02-06-2006, 04:04 PM
\Turns out, Pacificas don't have antennas:( ! When the lease is up in 50 billion years, I'll be sure to get a car WITH an antenna. Just thought I'd share.
Most new cars don't have antennas and that seriously bums me out! Where are us Disney freaks suppose to put our antenna toppers? Hubby says we have to invent something fake for just that purpose (he's an inventor... I leave it up to him).

Shinku
02-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I liked the holiday multipack of antenna toppers I saw at WOD last week. It's one for every major holiday! How cute! I especially liked the easter egg one. :)

stan4d_steph
02-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Most new cars don't have antennas and that seriously bums me out! Where are us Disney freaks suppose to put our antenna toppers? Hubby says we have to invent something fake for just that purpose (he's an inventor... I leave it up to him).I stick mine on the ends of pencils.

Shinku
02-06-2006, 08:16 PM
I second Steph's idea. People are constantly stealing my pens around here, so I put the antenna toppers on them and it seems to stop the problem, plus it creates a conversation piece.

TTFN92
02-06-2006, 08:46 PM

That is sooo cute! I was there a week and a half ago looking for a Valentine's and Easter one and they only had the ones in the package that I didn't care for. I looked everywhere too. They must have been gone :crying: .

cstephens
02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Most new cars don't have antennas and that seriously bums me out! Where are us Disney freaks suppose to put our antenna toppers? Hubby says we have to invent something fake for just that purpose (he's an inventor... I leave it up to him).

My car has an antenna, but the nubby at the end flares out too much to put a topper on it. We have a huge vase-ful of toppers at home, and I have some toppers on pencils in a cup at work.

blewellen
02-07-2006, 12:26 PM
My car has an antenna, but the nubby at the end flares out too much to put a topper on it. We have a huge vase-ful of toppers at home, and I have some toppers on pencils in a cup at work.

My car has the same thing.. I usually drill a larger hole to put them on my car.

The car i'm looking to buy has a antenna on the top of the back window.. So that would make it harder for someone to swipe it. I hate where my antenna is on my current car.. its eye level to pretty much everyone. That is probably why I have problems with them being taken. Currently, I have my antenna toppers at work on my cubicle wall.

charpaul
02-07-2006, 02:58 PM
I purchased three of those memo/bill nail things that you stick your paid bills on (they use them at the old diner when the order has been filled..). I found them at Staples. I have the row of three in my back window of the car with three different antenna balls on them - LOL
They stay safe form the elements and from other people - while I still get to enjoy them.

MrsG
02-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I purchased three of those memo/bill nail things that you stick your paid bills on (they use them at the old diner when the order has been filled..). I found them at Staples. I have the row of three in my back window of the car with three different antenna balls on them - LOL
They stay safe form the elements and from other people - while I still get to enjoy them.
That is a fresh idea!

I have a Jetta and the antenna is in the top middle of the back window. I have never had an antenna topper stolen.