PDA

View Full Version : February Trip [crowds?]

NVMulan
01-04-2006, 03:49 PM
What do you think crowds will be like Feb 12-14? This is the weekend before President's Day.

ILovePoker
01-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I went the week before President's Day in 2005. The crowds weren't terribly light but it wasn't crowded either. We went on a Saturday and the wait times were manageable. Just use Fast Pass whenever you need to and you should be fine. Plus, the wait times may be decreased this year because the Railroad, Spash Mountain and Space Mountain were all closed which may have forced crowds into other parts of the park.

Darkbeer
01-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Valentine's Day is always a busy day, no matter which day of the week it falls on.

NVMulan
01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Is that Valentine's Day weekend? Arg!

shawnarae
01-05-2006, 06:51 AM
I really don't know, to be honest. I can see Valentines Day being busy (14th is a Tuesday), but the 12th & 13th should not be busy. Especially the 13th, which is a Monday.

Darkbeer
01-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Looks like Disney expects more people than normal. I guess it is still a 3 day weekend for some folks. It is Lincoln's BD, and some government folks and schools get the day off, plus there is a Jewish holiday, Tu B'Shevat.

Both Disneyland and DCA have an extra hour added compared to the prior week on Sunday the 12th.

And on Monday, February 13th, Disneyland is open 9 AM to 10 PM, compared to the 10 AM to 8 PM hours the rest of the weekdays.

kimbopotamus
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I am planning my trip for myself, my 9 & 1 year old Daughters and my Mother for President's Day weekend. Can some locals predict weather and DL crowds for that weekend? What is the weather usually doing in Anaheim in February? I am from Oregon (so I have webbed feet already!), but I really don't know what type of clothing to pack for us.
Also, I have read and figured crowds would be higher for the 50th, do you all think President's weekend will be too aweful busy?
Thanks in advance!

stan4d_steph
01-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Mod. Note: Threads merged.

MouseMotor
02-05-2006, 04:46 PM
We are going to be at DLR and DCA between Feb 19-26. We expect, given the President's holiday, the 19th (Sun) and the 20th (Mon) will be busy. Should we expect the crowds will lighten up on Tues, Wed and Thurs and then pick up again on Fri (24th) and Sat (25th)?

Any historical information would be greatly appreciated.

ILovePoker
02-05-2006, 06:56 PM
We are going to be at DLR and DCA between Feb 19-26. We expect, given the President's holiday, the 19th (Sun) and the 20th (Mon) will be busy. Should we expect the crowds will lighten up on Tues, Wed and Thurs and then pick up again on Fri (24th) and Sat (25th)?

Any historical information would be greatly appreciated.
I would expect lighter crowds definitely after the 20th. Saturday the 25th will most definitely be busy but the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday should be fine.

hlbtimes2
02-05-2006, 06:56 PM
The park hours are one hour longer (open earlier) then the week before and after. Based on that, Disney is expecting it to be a little busier then the other weeks. It wont be summer, peak season busy, but probably the busist week of the month.

I know that a lot of school districts give the entire week off as a mid winter break. My dd is off that week. I tried to book a trip that week, but couldnt find a good deal on airfare and hotel.