PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard to get on the Golden rides?

cfrith
02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Just wondering what the procedure is for the attractions with Golden vehicles. Is it hard to get on these or take a picture in them? Thanks!

mcow1
02-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Several have a Golden Vehicle outside the ride for pictures. Most of the rest is just luck. I still haven't gotten on the gold Autopia, Dumbo or Carousel except for the ones they have outside the rides.

marisol
02-04-2006, 07:57 PM
I've tried to get on the golden dumbo but i have had no luck

TowerofTerror
02-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Just luck on if you get to ride a golden vehicle.

Enter The Mouse
02-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Me and my sister were in line for tea cups and we asked if we could wait for the golden cup. They let us. So you can ask. It might depend on the CM.

Our CM told us haunted mansion and POTC had golden vehicles.

mcow1
02-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Our CM told us haunted mansion and POTC had golden vehicles.
Nope only rides from 1955

WITron
02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
We kept missing getting on the golden vehicles. We did get pictures in the photo ops of the Tea Cups and Peter Pan.

Wendi
02-06-2006, 09:43 PM
We've been on most of them... ironically, the ride we've been on the MOST is the Jungle Cruise, and we have not been on the Congo Queen!

In fact, on Tuesday we were there for early entry and went over to ride the teacups just as they were loading a new batch of guests. There were seriously only about 5 or 6 teacups full for the ride, and no one had claimed the golden teacup at all... so of course, we hopped right in. Not sure, but I'm thinking no one really even noticed that it was special!!!

mi_mous
02-06-2006, 10:08 PM
We waited for the golden horse last time we were there, we were first at the gates, and this kid came and decided he wanted the golden horse, shoved me and my son out of the way, and got the golden horse. It made me mad, but I figured I wouldn't let it ruin my day. Although, it was a little maddening that his parents had NO idea where he was, and had no idea what he had done, as far as shoving my son out of the way to get the golden horse.
My son had ridden it before, so it was more for my daughter to ride. But, my daughter really didn't care, she was having fun on whatever horse she had. So, seeing her delight made things "all better".
I have yet to get the golden tea cup.. we have been close, but never got it, we did get the golden Dumbo because we had some cast member passes that someone gave us. That was fun!
I have yet to get the Jungle Cruise too. We always miss the Congo Queen by one turn.. just our luck!
But, for the most part, we have fun whenever and whatever we get. It just makes it more fun to get the golden vehicles.:D

disney jones
02-07-2006, 12:10 AM
it's very easy to get on the Main Street vehicles, Casey Jr., and Mark Twain golden vehicles - they're usually the only ones running.

The Carousel too is pretty easy to be first in line to get the golden horse since it isn't one of the more popular rides for most people, has a high capacity and a high turnaround time.

Mr. Toad and Peter Pan just have a stationary golden vehicle that isn't part of the ride, so you can geta good photo op on these just by stopping by, but you might have to wait for a group or two in front of you.

The Tea Cups and Dumbo have both a stationary cup/Dumbo for photo ops, and one on the ride itself - just be close to the front of the line. As mi mous pointed out, the Tea Cup doesn't stand out as much because all the tea cups are different colors, and it kind of blends in.

Jungle Cruise, and Storybook Land are a bit harder, and you have to time your wait in the queue right, and its more a matter of luck, but if you are close and your turn comes up but the golden vehicle isn't available, i think most of the time, the CMs are gracious enough to let you wait at the front of the line until the golden vehicle becomes arrives.

Finally, I think Autopia is the hardest one to get, and again it's just a matter of luck.

You might not get them all in one day or one trip, but if you're determined, you can get most of them.