PDA

View Full Version : Extra day for Fantasmic! and fireworks?

cfrith
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
We arrive in LA on a Sunday around noon. Our kids are 4 and 7. Right now we are planning on being at DLR on Mon, Tue, and Wed. I'm trying to decide if we should add an extra day (Sunday) so that we can see the fireworks and Fantasmic! My concern is that the girls will be too tired the next day to get up early for the parks. We will be waking up on Sunday at 4 am Eastern time (so 1am Pacific time), flying 6 hours, driving from LAX, by the time we get to the hotel it'll be about 1:30pm and they will be too excited to take a nap I'm sure. Then the fireworks/Fantasmic I think start around 9/10pm, by the time we get back to the hotel it'll be close to midnight (which will be 3 am for us!!!) I wish I could get them to take a nap but not sure it would happen. What would you do? Maybe just miss Fantasmic! and fireworks?

Also, I read fantasmic scares some kids....?

Genris
02-05-2006, 05:51 AM
When are you coming? Have you seen the schedule for the Mon-Wed you'll be here? Is Sunday your only opportunity to see the fireworks and Fantasmic?

Ordinarily, I'm with you. I would not have my already exhausted kids up past 10:00, the night before our first day in the park. But if that's your only chance to see the fireworks, it's worth it. It's worth sleeping in the next morning and not doing early admission, or even missing the park opening (especially if it's an off season Monday, when the crowds will be relatively light)

That fireworks show was the most amazing "production" I've ever seen at DLR. I quite literally cried at how beautiful and perfect it was! Fantasmic will be there the next time you go, but the fireworks show is supposed to change out at the end of this year.

scanmom
02-05-2006, 08:13 AM
it is worth it!!! I would take naps/have quiet time at the hotel until about 7 pm, then head over to the park to watch the shows. You can get some food and find a spot around the river, or at the river belle terrace, eat and people watch until the shows start. Fantasmic is awesome, and if worse comes to worse, you could sleep in a little on Monday, since you will still have 2 other mornings to be at the park opening.:D

barely
02-05-2006, 09:55 AM
We HAVE changed our arrival date so we can see the fireworks (and possibly Fantasmic,too) on the encouragement of a co-worker who is a many time visitor to DL and a travel coordinator as well. She says the firworks are not to be missed, and we'll regret it if we do, so here we go! Just do it-I'm sure you'll be glad you did!