PDA

View Full Version : So - I am making a list and need your help

hippiemama
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I've scoured many of the threads here and found some wonderful ideas for this years trip, but am of course still looking. We're Disney newbies basically. We went ten years ago with our then 7 yo daughter.
We just went again November 2005 with daughter now 16.5 and dd 5 and ds 2

This year we'll go back November 2006 - kids will be 17, 6 and 3

I would LOVE to hear your "you have to take them to"'s

we know we need to do: the new POC, small world (was closed November),
Poohs ride and get a tigger tail (missed that this past trip), Buzz lightyear and
Monsters Inc.

I have some resteraunt/lunch stuff for us - we'll do the character breakfast this year (did the princess dinner this past trip).

But what are some of your "man, you really need to make sure you see" tips...

we're not really fantasmic/fireworks folks yet - our kids always crash too early.

so whatcha got?

MonorailChris
02-04-2006, 09:49 PM
:D alladin show,tower of terror in day and night,tough to be a bug,block party bash(you have to get a spot were they stop so you can dance in the parade)eat at goofys kitchen,and if it is someones birthday go to the info center in california adventure tell them ity's your b-day and they will dail the phone and a disney charcter will tell you happy b-day!:D

momuvseven
02-05-2006, 06:15 AM
You have to take a nap and stay up late to see Fantasmic, the fireworks and to be there the last few hours before the park closes and beyond. It is a different experience late at night. You can usually ride all the rides you want without waiting the last few hours. We have a family tradition of planning a last ride of the night, usually one that everyone lines up for hours for. If you jump in the line one minute before park closure you will get to ride. By the time you get off the ride the crowds have cleared out and you can stroll your way down main street and out of the park. It is a lot of fun to be among the last to leave for the evening.

momuvseven

Katty Boda
02-05-2006, 09:54 AM
If your two older kids are into roller coasters, I'd heartily reccomend the new Space Mountain. The changes they made are awesome!

The Tiki Room is also fun for families...not really a ride, but a fun thing to do none-the-less.

The Storybookland Canals & Casey Jr. Train are both really fun.

Your youngest kids probably won't like it, but one thing you should try to see if you can is the presentation of "The First 50 Magical Years" where Abe Lincoln used to be. It brought a tear to my eye!

I mean, personally though, I would reccomend everything. Oh, if Snow White: The Musical is still open, you should see that as I heard it will be closing soon.

DangerMouse
02-05-2006, 10:17 AM
The Snow White Production hasn't run since last summer, although it is possible it may return this summer (although I doubt it).

I agree with taking a nap and returning to the parks refreshed to see at least the fireworks. Remember Dreams Come True is ALWAYS the highlight of our trip, and I've seen it 4 times. I'm not sure your dates in November, but check beforehand to see if they are still doing Remember (the 50th may be over by then).

Electric Light Parade (again, if it is showing), will be at DCA. Not to be missed!

SandraVB79
02-06-2006, 04:20 AM
The fireworks, Fantasmic!, an evening Jungle Cruise

findin mickeys
02-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Here are some tips that my family and I have used over the years. Since you have one older child along with two smaller ones, there may be rides that you want to ride but the smaller children cannot. Use the parent pass system.

-Rent a stroller, their little legs will get tired.

-Go to the shows when it is time to rest. (when my kids start to say they are tired or their legs hurt, that is when we go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies(a must see), Tiki Room, Aladdin, Bugs life, etc...)

If it is hot and the kids need a rest, go to the movie theater in the middle of Main Street. It is air conditioned and they play old Mickey Mouse cartoons and the kids love it.

Bring some water and snacks.

Get a pair of walkie talkies so if you want to split up for a while you still have contact.

Gotta go on Pirates, Splash, Indy, Space and everything in Fantasyland. The six year old will love Buzz.

The Grizzly River Rapids in DCA is great. So are Soarin, Tower and Screamin.

I am not sure how long your stay will be, but I recommend pacing yourself and you will be able to see it all. You must be in the parks at night. It makes the experience even better.

You and your family will have a blast. And don't forget the Churros!

pisces
02-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Columbia is very rare. Does anyone know what the official schedule for Columbia is?

Supposedly it doesn't sail on weekdays.

I felt so blessed to ride Columbia twice, but that was on New Years day.

Toontown is limited also. It opens an hour after the park, and it closes down about an hour before the fireworks.....and doesn't reopen????

Try to get to Toontown. It's fun to browse Minnie's house when she's not there. She has special foods in her refrigerator. Also, her dishwasher, and she has a cake in her oven that does some strange things.

Also, in Toontown, the Powerplant, where you get electrocuted when you open the door. That was fun!

stan4d_steph
02-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Columbia is very rare. Does anyone know what the official schedule for Columbia is?The Columbia only sails when attendance is expected to be high. Otherwise, she stays in port.