PDA

View Full Version : 3/1-3/2 No Parades?

MermaidHair
02-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi all - our DL trip is getting closer and closer - yay!

Anyway, the online Disneyland calendar is still showing no parades on 3/1 and 3/2. These are a Wednesday and Thursday and the previous and following weeks do show parades scheduled. Any ideas on what might be going on here? I know there are a lot of you Mousepadders who are going to be in the parks on these days - anyone have any updated info?

Thanks

AaronInCal
02-05-2006, 01:04 AM
There could be a couple things causing Disneyland to have no parades those days. The restrooms in the side of the Castle and across from the Matterhorn may be having some finishing touches done causing them to need part of the parade route. Also, there was no parade for 10 days in late January due to brick repair/replacement on a section of the route. So there may be some more work elsewhere along those lines as well. Then there is always the chance the Disneyland.com calendar has a temporary error for that day by not showing a parade. That has happened before. Hope my long-winded reply helps.. :D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-05-2006, 06:22 AM
I saw that too, as we are going to be there those days as well. Thankfully, we are there Friday too, and our PS for Goofy's isn't until 5:30, so we can catch the Block Party Bash at DCA before heading over to Goofy's. I actually may push our Goofy's reservation back to 6:30 to be sure we have enough time.

MermaidHair
02-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the input. This trip is my kids' first trip to DL ever and since there is so much to see and do and I definitely plan on bringing them back I have decided to have a really relaxed attitude. I am trying to gather as much info about all the things that they may want to do but I figure going to the parks is the event and every attraction we experience is icing on the cake. What they don't know about they won't miss.

(Me, I might miss things but this trip is not about me... )

MermaidHair
02-20-2006, 04:36 PM
OK - the crazy Disneyland calendar is now showing Parade of Dreams for 3/1 and 3/2 at 7:00 pm. YAY! I guess I blew the whistle on this too early. No "wait and see" for this impatient DL visitor!

I hope the calendar is now correct but I won't be surprised if it changes again. . .:D

See you at the parade!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-20-2006, 08:12 PM
OK - the crazy Disneyland calendar is now showing Parade of Dreams for 3/1 and 3/2 at 7:00 pm. YAY! I guess I blew the whistle on this too early. No "wait and see" for this impatient DL visitor!

I hope the calendar is now correct but I won't be surprised if it changes again. . .:D

See you at the parade!

I printed it up last night and saw that they added the parade, that was a nice surprise and we have it added to our planner for Thursday at 7pm, although I am thinking I would rather see it during the day and we may catch it on Friday at 3:15, or maybe we will see it twice.