PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks ?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Is the ABSOLUTE best spot in front of the castle? When Wendi and I were there on May 5th, we didn't camp out but maybe for 30-45 mins., in a spot dead center in front of the castle. We didn't need much space since it was just the 2 of us. Would people be totally pissed at me, if I didn't find a tiny spot, my 4yo could sit on my lap, so I just need a spot for my booty, there, not 6 hours before? I don't want to waste the entire day sitting there, as he won't get as much out of the fireworks as I will. Or is there another great spot that we could get to later in the day? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

nvmom
02-04-2006, 07:20 AM
We're going to be there in the same time frame as you Lori, (early Mar) and I'm already wondering what-when-how to stake out a fireworks spots too. :)

nvmom

crrees
02-04-2006, 07:21 AM
i dont know much about disneyland, but at disneyworldMK - the best spot is right at the end of mainstreet at the crux where you could go into the centralplaza, or make a right towards the Noodle station (tommarowland), if DL is set up the same way,im sure this would be the best spot. I usually wait till about 30 seconds before the fireworks start and run over from tommarowland and ALWAYS find an awesome spot with my girlfriend. We ride the TTA right before the fireworks, jump off and run over to our favorite spot

DangerMouse
02-04-2006, 07:21 AM
I've seen them in front of the castle 3 times now. When we were there in Dec, we caught glimpses of the projections on IASW and they looked amazing. I told my ds that this time we aren't going to sit in front of the castle for 2 hours wiating for the show to start, and we're gonna watch from IASW instead. He was THRILLED! I just hope we will still be able to see Tink!

kimbopotamus
02-04-2006, 07:34 AM
I've seen them in front of the castle 3 times now. When we were there in Dec, we caught glimpses of the projections on IASW and they looked amazing. I told my ds that this time we aren't going to sit in front of the castle for 2 hours wiating for the show to start, and we're gonna watch from IASW instead. He was THRILLED! I just hope we will still be able to see Tink!
In which case, where is the best place to watch to see the projections on IASW?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah, exactly where in front of IASW and how far in advance should we get a spot? TIA!
If we do that, we could miss Fantasmic, he has seen that several times and we could just head back to the hotel since my son is use to being in bed by 8pm.

DangerMouse
02-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, I think anyplace directly in front of IASW would be great. I'm gonna try to stay to the left so I can look behind me to see Tink during her flight. I've never sat there before, so I'm not sure exactly, but I normally try to find a nice CM and ask them where the best viewing spot is. I know IASW is much less popular for Fireworks, so I'm planning on being there just 30 min prior to showtime.

I talked ds into skipping F! this trip. We've seen it bunches and would rather fill that time with short waits on rides. :D

cfrith
02-04-2006, 06:20 PM
What do you mean by "see Tink"? How do they do this?! Thanks!:)

Malcon10t
02-04-2006, 08:34 PM
What do you mean by "see Tink"? How do they do this?! Thanks!:)
Tink flies between the Matterhorn and the castle.

Personally experience, do not sit in the sitting area in front of the castle. We sat on the compass, and it was too close. We sit in the street, then stand when the fireworks start. Sitting in the sitting area (which is real close to the castle), you lose a lot of the fireworks behind the castle.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-05-2006, 06:37 AM
I think we might try in front of iasw.

SPOILER in the next question:

Do they have the same fire effects there and the other effects that they have on the castle side? My 4yo will be more in to what is going on in the sky, oh and seeing Tink fly, he will LOVE that, since he named our dog Tinkerbelle.
When we saw them in front of the castle on May 5th, we were in the street, so that was good. I will just see what is happening that day and where we will be. For him, he would be more upset that we spent 2 hours sitting there, than missing part of the effects of the fireworks.

charpaul
02-05-2006, 04:34 PM
The show from ISWA is wonderful - BUT... no fire effects and not a real good view of Tink (unless you look behind you, but she is soon lost behind the trees..)
The show from ISWA is wonderful in its own ways.... When Walt's opening day address is given there is footage of Walt, when the Big Thunder section happens there is footage of that attraction....
It is a whole new set of sights for the same wonderful show. BUT you do miss some of the effects that are visible from the hub. Since the show is so "layered" with fireworks you only get to see the ones that occur from far behind the castle. I like the show from ISWA and would recommend it to anyone, BUT be sure to see the "other" show from in front of the castle. Especially from the hub if you can.

stitchlvr
02-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Just saw the fireworks for the second time directly in front of the castle (last Sunday night). We arrived a half hour before the fireworks started and there were plenty of good seats left (in contrast to how long I had to sit there in July). I don't know if the crowds will still be this light in March, but if you will be there on a Sunday, I know the crowd was much lighter than on Sat. night.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Just saw the fireworks for the second time directly in front of the castle (last Sunday night). We arrived a half hour before the fireworks started and there were plenty of good seats left (in contrast to how long I had to sit there in July). I don't know if the crowds will still be this light in March, but if you will be there on a Sunday, I know the crowd was much lighter than on Sat. night.

Unfortunately we are only going to be able to see the fireworks on Friday night. I would like to be in front of the castle, we will play it by ear. I think they will be better there AND we can get out of the park a bit faster being in the hub, my little guy is going to be exhausted.