PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Soundtrack CD?

kimbopotamus
02-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I was just thinking of the best way to surprise my DD9 for our trip on President's Day weekend. This is only her second time to DLR and a complete surprise. My Mom and I will be picking her up from school Friday afternoon and we were just going to walk into her classroom and show her the tickets...but....
I was thinking, isn't there a CD with Disneyland ride/show music? If so, what is it called and where could I find it?? I was thinking about taking a portable CD player and walking into her class with it blaring F! or Electrical Parade music, while waving the tickets and her Disney Dollars. Does that sound like a good plan?

findin mickeys
02-03-2006, 03:36 PM
The CD that I have with all of the music from the rides is "Disneys Happiest Celebrations on Earth" It has a picture of the castle on the front with the number "50" in gold.

It is a great CD. Good luck with your surprise, I am sure your DD will be thrilled.

Disneymademoiselle
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Here is a link for the CD on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00092ZLKI/ref=pd_sr_ec_ir_m/104-5530865-3381560?n=5174

I hope your surprise is a success!!!

kered22
02-03-2006, 10:35 PM
This set is more expensive, but you get more music and ride spiels and also a great book talking about some of the rides. The original concepts, drawings etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AA4MHM/sr=1-4/qid=1139037822/ref=pd_bbs_4/002-6134289-8812062?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I got this for Christmas and it's a great set, brings back so many memories. You may be able to get it from Costco or Sams Club for a little bit cheaper, but if they are sold out, then there's no guarantee they will get it back.

BTW, here's Mouseplanets review of the CD set itself:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/hometheater/ht050517sw.htm

And a review of the companion book:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060104rk

Gone2Disneyland
02-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Besides all of the above-mentioned options, there's still one more new option: a two-disc set also released last year for the 50th anniversary celebration. It includes the full-length soundtrack to the new "Remember..." fireworks show, but neither it nor the single-disc collection includes F! or Electrical Parade. If you want those tracks, they're on the 6-disc. Or try the older park compilation releases that you may possibly find in a used CD store. But it you want to check out the two-disc set, it's available at Disneyland, DCA, and probably the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney too.

kimbopotamus
02-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Yes, Fantasmic! and/or Electrical Parade are really what I am looking for, firstly because I want them, LOL! And second, because my daughter enjoyed both performances above anything else and will recognize the music as it comes down her hall at school. I will look around today and see if I can't find something older with those on them!
Thanks everybody for your information!

Gone2Disneyland
02-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Yes, Fantasmic! and/or Electrical Parade are really what I am looking for, firstly because I want them, LOL! And second, because my daughter enjoyed both performances above anything else and will recognize the music as it comes down her hall at school. I will look around today and see if I can't find something older with those on them!
Thanks everybody for your information!
Then there's one other CD you know need know about. FANTASMIC! is sold at Disneyland and DCA (and WofD?) and offers full soundtracks to both shows. It has FANTASMIC! art and title on the cover, with a small red diagonal across the top right corner that says "Includes Main Street Electrical Parade Soundtrack." It's 40+ minutes of music of just the two shows, and it's an official Disneyland CD. The older Disneyland compilation CDs mentioned above only have "Finale from Fantasmic!" (about three minutes) and abridged versions of MSEP (about five minutes).

EDIT: Oh, the full-length soundtracks are also included on the 6-CD set if money's no object. :p

gimp_boy76
02-04-2006, 09:03 AM
I sent you a PM

Tinker Bell2468
02-04-2006, 04:45 PM
You could call the resort and oreder the CD from there. They'd mail it to you.