PDA

View Full Version : hotel disc. for california res

jason
04-04-2002, 06:14 AM
i'm thinking of going in mid may and would like to stay at one of the disneyland hotels , should i wait and see if they give a discount for southern califonia residents or just book into one of the good neighbor hotels ... also what other disc are avail for sc res. & do i just need a drivers lic. ?

MouseWife
04-04-2002, 06:33 AM
I don't know where you are at but there is a thing called the Traveler Coupon Guide. I don't go by it solely, I look up the places on the internet and see what I can that way, too.

Go to the hotel listings here and just punch in your dates and see what rates you get and where.

The Disney hotels usually offer AAA or discounts with an annual pass. You can ask for a S. Cal discount, I don't know about this.
The Paradise Pier is the least expensive of the 3 Disney properties and it is a very nice place, plus, you are on property.

To secure a room, you will need a major credit card. It may be possible, if you plan enough in advance, to have them reserve it if you send in a check with in a matter of days.

Doing it early enough would guarentee that you don't lose your room as the card would lock in your reservations.

And, I am going by memory. If you have a card but doesn't have enough to cover the expense, that is okay. They don't charge your card until arrival. But, if you don't cancel they will charge you.

Oh, and another tip. Personally, I don't make reservations over the internet. Only because it seems that you have more penalties if you cancel. And, you would definitely need a card.

Sorry for the long winded disorganized information. I have just had my coffee and my allergy pills.

Wahoo!!

Not Afraid
04-04-2002, 07:54 AM
Try Mousesavers.com. If there's a good rate available, Mary will know about it.

mousey_girl
04-04-2002, 09:02 AM
If you place the order thru the Disney Travel Co, they need a credit card and some form of payment. We bought our Park Hoppers and room thru them. We had to pay $200 up front, and the entire amount had to be paid 30 days before our arrival. I used my American Express card and used their travel plan. The intrest rate was only 7.9%. There is no real advantage to making the payment over the phone vs doing it online. The penalties are the same. When we added a day to our package they were going to charge us $50. I fought that with a supervisor and got it reduced. What I didnt like is that you dont get the travel package until about a a week or so before your arrival date, and by doing it over the phone you cant view your package online.

We have now stayed at both the Paradise Pier and the Dl hotel. both are nice. The bathrooms in the Paradise Pier are larger, and they all have coffee makers. At the DL hotel, no coffee makers, but we did get a refrigerator that didnt work.
The biggest drawback of the PP is that there is no tram or shuttle service between the hotel and the front gate of DL. You do have a backdoor entry to DCA. The pool area at the DL hotel is great! much better than the PP, and the general theming was better as well. I still felt that for the extra money we spent for DL hotel, there should have been a quicker way to get into DL. The monorail station is still a nice hike.

This year we are going to stay at the GCH. The location is great, and for us, that alone is enough to pay the extra $$.

We always go during around Dec 6th and stay for 3-4 days. The entire resort is soooo pretty, very festive.