PDA

View Full Version : Priceline

maryjeane
02-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Has anyone booked air and hotel thru Priceline.com? I'm ready to book, but the prices seem too good to be true.

kimbopotamus
02-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Nope. I always book through Expedia. I have found them to be cheaper than any other website, but if you found a good deal on Priceline, I would say go for it! I was a bit nervous booking through an online company the first couple times, but it is so much of a bargain, easy, and always worked great!

junglemom
02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I will do my hotel thru priceline from now on. I love it! I have stayed at the Hyatt for $44.00 a night. It was so nice. We stayed there 2 times and also at the Crown Regency. Also nice. I haven't yet done the combo flight and hotel though. There are a lot of tips to bidding you can find on http://www.betterbidding.com. Good Luck.

momuvseven
02-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Two problems with Priceline: #1 there are no refunds so if you can't make any changes. #2 They only promise you a room that will sleep two people so if you need more than one bed it can be a problem.
Years ago we used to use Priceline and they promised rooms with two beds, that was fine for us at the time. Then one night we learned the hard way that they had changed the fine print to read two people from two beds. At least we had a roof over our head.
If you bid for the Disney area make sure you choose no less than a three star property. I risked it again a few weeks ago and ended up with a $300 prepaid stay I won't be using since it is two and a half miles from Disneyland. Been kicking myself ever since and have offered to give the room to everyone I know and no takers.

momuvseven

Wendi
02-03-2006, 08:51 PM
I used Priceline for our one night stay on May 5th for the 50th kickoff. We got the Hyatt for $43. Definitely worth it. I'm not sure about flights though, I really like flying in on the first flight of the morning, and out on the last flight at night so I can really get my time in at DLR. If I remember correctly, Priceline doesn't let you choose your flight times so I don't think I could do it... if I ended up flying in at night I'd feel like I was wasting an extra night of hotel for a day I didn't spend in the parks, etc. KWIM???

maryjeane
02-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I purchased a package so I could choose my flight and hotel. I did not want to end up too far away from the park and if you bid you don't get to choose your flight and since we're only going for 3 days timing was very important.