PDA

View Full Version : DL Sept. 9-13

barely
02-03-2006, 07:29 AM
We're planning a DL trip for three Sept 9th-13th. Myself, hubby and our 5 year old son. Any suggestions for us, and can anyone tell me what to expect crowdwise? Also, is it better to plan or freestyle? I really want to be able to enjoy this special time with my family. Help!

findin mickeys
02-03-2006, 09:50 AM
My family and I usually "freestyle" when we go. But, there are certain things we make sure we do no matter if we are there only a couple days or for a week. We always take in the Aladdin show in DCA and Billy Hill and The Hillbillies in DL. Your son will love both of these shows.

There are also specific rides that my kids like to do multiple times so we make sure that they get those opportunities. Especially Space and Screamin. (mine are a bit older).
Utilize the fastpass system, it is wonderful.

I have never been in September so I do not know what to expect for crowds, but I would think that school would be back in session so the crowds could be low to medium.

Fantasmic is awesome, we usually wait until our second or third day at the park before we catch the parades and shows. (kids like getting all the ride time they can for the first couple days).

I would consider renting a stroller for him, even though he is 5. There is a lot to see every day and their little legs get tired. Carrying him is an option of course and I have done both, but I found IF the park is not super crowded the stroller works well, if there are a lot of people, I would just carry him.

Bring a backpack and keep some extra clothes, jackets, water bottles, snacks in it. Sometimes when the sun goes down it gets cold and there are a couple different rides/attractions that get you wet.

Sounds like a great time and I am sure you and your family will have a blast. There is so much to do and see at DLR, it seems you never experience it all.

oregontraveler
02-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Sept 9-13, Sat-Wed right. I'm pretty sure DLR cuts back on hours after Labor Day, which might impact Fantasmic, weekend shows only. Also, Aladdin at DCA is dark on Mondays & Tuesdays. Check out Turtle Talk with Crush and the Monsters Inc. ride.

barely
02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks, findin mickeys and oregontraveler-MousePlaneteers are the best!:) :)