PDA

View Full Version : New Policy for Fantasmic! Balcony seating

kkmickey
02-03-2006, 07:27 AM
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations, and reserved our tickets for Friday, March 3 at 10:30 :) However, when I asked what seats we were assigned, I was told that as of last week, the policy changed, and seats will be assigned as you arrive rather than when you call. Has anyone else heard about this? That is how it worked when we did the Riverfront seating in November, but I was a little disappointed because I called RIGHT at 8am, and was hoping that all three of us would be in the front row. The last time I did Balcony seating, two of us were in the back row and one was seated in the front row, and I was hoping we would all be in the front row.

I guess I will just have to get there EXTRA early!

Front row, back row, it doesn't matter that much - at least I get to go! WHOOHOO!

Kristin

JookyG
02-03-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't remember the seating ever being reserved on the balcony. I ponied up the moolah for it in Dec 2003, and we were seated in order that we arrived at the Disney Gallery.

MsYumiBr
02-03-2006, 08:24 AM
I believe it is Disney's policy that when guests find out what the policy is to change it. I'd be happy in the front or back or wherever too. This is good to know. I'll be waiting at the Gallery instead of riding POTC. Is anyone going to the balcony viewing this weekend?

I like the first come first serve idea better too. It's too hard to try and call right at 8:00 day of just for better seating when you aren't sure you want to commit to the money and the day or which show until 10:00. lol.

We went there last year at this time and even though we were the second family to get there, we were seated in the last row because it was by order of ticket purchase. I even asked when I bought the tickets about this policy. Changing it makes total sense. No more annoyed newbies, just annoyed veterans. : )

stan4d_steph
02-03-2006, 08:43 AM
When I did the balcony back several years ago, you got your seats in the order you arrived to sign in at the Gallery. Then it changed to assigned in order of purchase. Guess they're back to the previous way. :rolleyes:

Stupid_American
02-04-2006, 05:15 AM
It would surprise me if the person taking the reservation had any idea how the seating was handled.

prncsmsj
02-09-2006, 07:22 AM
It would surprise me if the person taking the reservation had any idea how the seating was handled.
They don't. I was informed this morning that their policy now is to not tell you which way they will be doing it. It will be either by reservation number or arrival number, but they cannot tell you. If it is by arrival, what time do you suggest we arrive by for a 10:30 showing?

MsYumiBr
02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
At 9:00 I would start to make my way over to the Gallery. Believe me, it can get pretty bad trying to get there due to all the squatters for Fantasmic and the Fireworks. If it is really crowded, try heading over about 8:30. If you get there too early, the stairs may be roped off because of the earlier show and no attendant. Once you see someone there attending the chain, you can start chatting with them and find out when they will allow you to start lining up.

Also, I think this keep you guessing policy is really frustrating. You can't depend on things being a certain way. Next thing you know, they will switch the lines at Goofy's Kitchen so the line to check in will be the line to pay and vice versa. Maybe I shouldn't say that because it'll give them ideas. It just prompts me to do a lot of praying. It's kind of like winning the lottery when something great happens, like getting in the correct line at the correct time to get a fastpass.

prncsmsj
02-12-2006, 07:45 AM
At 9:00 I would start to make my way over to the Gallery. Believe me, it can get pretty bad trying to get there due to all the squatters for Fantasmic and the Fireworks. If it is really crowded, try heading over about 8:30. If you get there too early, the stairs may be roped off because of the earlier show and no attendant. Once you see someone there attending the chain, you can start chatting with them and find out when they will allow you to start lining up.
Thanks so much. I made our reservations for March 12 at 10:30, so we are good to go. :D We will probably come back to the park around 7 that night, and I will make sure we make it past the Main St. fireworks crowds before it gets too crowded to cross.

MsYumiBr
02-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Just as a reminder, they request that you get there one hour early. Just time your party's pace getting around the park. It usually takes my party about 30-45 minutes to get from Small World to NOS but we are pushing strollers and are not athletes. :fez:

disneyhound
02-12-2006, 11:54 AM
...It's too hard to try and call right at 8:00...
Calling for tickets has not changed; if you don't call right at 8:00AM, one month prior to the day you want balcony seats, you have little chance of getting those tickets!

We sat in the balcony in eary January of this year. We showed up about 1/2 hour before the show. We were the second group to arrive and wait in the patio area. We were the third group to be seated. The CM who sat us, collected our tickets and checked us in about 5 minuts prior to seating us. He had a sheet of paper on his clip board, as he moved around collecting the tickets, he checked folks off on his print-out. It made no difference when we arrived. However, if you were not there when this process started, you might have lost your purchase position on that list...