PDA

View Full Version : What is Disneyland like in July?

ArielleBelle
02-03-2006, 06:36 AM
What is Disney Land usually like late July? I am thinking what time of this year we can head back over to DL. We went Jan 22-25 it was great!
Aslo what about October?
Thanks!

nightdesigns
02-03-2006, 06:46 AM
It'll have a lot more people than January. I'd take October over July, and if you can wait, late October to early November is my favorite time of year crowds wise..

KDR
02-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Hot and very crowded.

Malcon10t
02-03-2006, 12:08 PM
What is Disney Land usually like late July? I am thinking what time of this year we can head back over to DL. We went Jan 22-25 it was great!
Aslo what about October?
Thanks!It depends year to year. Expect turnstile closings and if they don't happen, rejoice! Temps vary so much. Last year, it was quite warm. We were there July 13-21st. If you pace yourself and go back to the room in the afternoon and swim, its not too bad.

crazi4dlr
02-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Hot and very crowded.

The only way I have ever seen it. But it can't be hotter than Arizona in July?

ILovePoker
02-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Expect turnstile closings and if they don't happen, rejoice!
Sorry, I have to correct this post. The only time in July I would worry about the gates closing is on July 4th and possibly July 17th (July 17th didn't even hit capacity last year).

I would expect hour long waits for everything.

Malcon10t
02-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Sorry, I have to correct this post. The only time in July I would worry about the gates closing is on July 4th and possibly July 17th (July 17th didn't even hit capacity last year).

I would expect hour long waits for everything.
You are right that last year only the 4th had a turnstile closing, but the previous year in July had a lot of turnstile closings (we were there and blocked out several times between the 4th and 16th.) It depends on what is open and what capacity is that day. So, I will stand by the "be prepared for closings."

jdee
02-03-2006, 03:28 PM
We were there last July, about the middle of the month on a Saturday and I think it was the hottest day of the year. It was really crowded, we were miserable. If I were you, I would plan for the off season.:cool:

kkmickey
02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I agree with the majority - crowded and hot! People get really grouchy when it's hot and sticky, and it can make waiting in the long lines really miserable.

If you have a choice, choose off season. But if you don't, just plan on being there early every morning, when the crowds are less and the weather is cooler. In the afternoon when it gets hot and the crowds are unbearable, go on Splash Mountain to cool down, and then head back to your hotel for a swim and a nap:)
Return after your rested and refreshed, and make the best use of fastpasses. (This is when the AAA Fastpass Bonus really comes in handy!)

The good thing about summer is extended hours, more shows, and nice (although sometimes hot) weather.

kkmickey
02-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I just saw you're from Arizona - you're probably used to hot weather!

disneyperson
02-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Disneyland in July is hot (but not as hot as Sacramento), crowded (mostly with friendly people) and lots of fun. Bring water and use fast pass wisely.

Susan L
02-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Aslo what about October?
Thanks!

I would pass on July and do October:D

TowerofTerror
02-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Very crowded.

Wkr3kt
02-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I will also be there in July, not at my own choosing. My son's music group will be touring Southern California and we are spending the last day at Disneyland. Luckly, we are not performing. I'd love advise on how to deal with the long hot day without having a hotel room to retreat to. We will arrive by bus by 10am and leave at midnight and are all on our own. I have DH and 2 boys, 9 and 6 years old. Thanks!!!

hlbtimes2
02-04-2006, 07:35 AM
I doubt Oct will be better then July this year. Cooler, yes, but probably bad crowds. Its going to be the end of the 50th. Everyone that put off going will be there. Everyone that tried to miss the summer crowds will be there. Everyone that missed the halloween event last year will be there.

This past year mid Oct was very busy, this year is going to be worse!